LOCK DOWN AND MUSIC

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
CRama

LOCK DOWN AND MUSIC

Post by CRama »

The last four months had been a period of tension, anxiety and frustration for everybody because of Corona and the confinement within one’s home. A small relief for the music buffs was the social media – particularly, the face book which hosted music by the upcoming artistes as well as the stars of today. I had written an article in the Sruti magazine of August 2020 on the above subject where I have complimented on the initiatives by various organisations like Arkay Ramakrishnan, PaalamTV and radio, Pallavi Durbar by Parthasarathi Swami sabha, Charlotte Swati Tirunal Festival, Mani Krishnswamy Academy and other contributions by the musicians. The article is titled LEVERAGING SOCIAL MEDIA AS A PLATFORM FOR CARNATIC MUSIC. It has come out well with a few impressive photos. Some of the concerts I had reviewed in this forum. I am delighted to share my happiness with the forumites.

rajeshnat

Re: LOCK DOWN AND MUSIC

Post by rajeshnat »

CRama,
Great to hear that .Certainly artists always needs the writeup for them to be motivated to perform this extraordinary Carnatic Music. Kudos also to the other post where you have written about nagaswara artist jayashankar.

thanjavooran

Re: LOCK DOWN AND MUSIC

Post by thanjavooran »

CRama avl,
Great. You deserve very high commendation. Your technical reviews on concerts make vidwans to show more skill in their subsequent ventures. Wish to continue your mission for ever.
With wishes.
Thanjavooran
09 08 2020