TNK 92 - A premiere

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
the_ARTery

TNK 92 - A premiere

Post by the_ARTery »

Celebrating 92 years of Maestro Sangita Kalanidhi Prof TN Krishnan! A collection of heartfelt tributes, recollections and observations from his family, colleagues, disciples, rasikas and music students.

10.00 am IST today (Wed, Oct 7th) on The ARTery's Facebook & YouTube channels:

https://youtu.be/NjuiaLqNQM0

http://facebook.com/323364477674105/pos ... 4693279384

hnbhagavan

Re: TNK 92 - A premiere

Post by hnbhagavan »

A very well made Video with tributes by various Maestros and men of letters.Certainly no mean achievement playing Violin at age 92 Plus. There were no clippings of Live concerts.Perhaps would have added great value to the Video.
His accompaniments to great Vidwans is a source of inspiration to young Violinists not to speak of his great Solo ,duet and Violin trio concerts.
His accompaniment to great MDR is legendary.

the_ARTery

Post by the_ARTery »

Thank you sir!
hnbhagavan wrote: 07 Oct 2020, 17:34There were no clippings of Live concerts.Perhaps would have added great value to the Video.
The audio score running in the background throughout the video are ALL live recording clips from Sri TNK's concerts.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Congrats to @the_ARTery for a very tastefully made video. A remarkable feature is the consistent audio quality that captures each short interview very well with the right amount of reverb to make it very realistic (listen with headphones!)
I found Smt. N. Rajam's tribute to be the most evocative and touching. God bless.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Well done.

Few striking positives
------------------

1. Lot of violin vidwans and vidushis anecdotes were stacked well

2. Few anecdotes and articulations were very impressive. Alleppey vemkatesan, Cleveland sundaram well prepared insight that too when he said young tnk came to madras his first three concerts were flute mali, maharajapuram vishwanatha iyer and ariyakudi what an entry for TNK. Also charumathi raghuraman spoke well and also sundareswaran anecdote of TNK using gut strings.Also his sister Dr rajam speaking was very nice.

Missing list
----------'

1. When raghavendra rao , and then bit later charumathi and karaikal venkat spoke, I was kind of expecting Aishu venkatraman. Aishu was significantly moulded by TNK. May be logical constraint.

2. On vocalist part post chitraveena ravikiran and sowmya, I could not spot a generation of trichur Ramachandran tvs tns to sudha Aruna raga etc. From there there was too much count of young brigade of vidwan and vidushis . May be logical constraint too.

3. Few artists like kumaresh and palakkad ramprasad could have been bit shorter.

All said very well done. Lot of respect shown to this great violinist.

I am wondering if any one helps me with the Todi that ganesh rajagopal violinist talks about. He said return of TNK for SKR todi. I recollect one
Cesinedalla of skr and another ninne Naomi . Some one please pass the exact url link that violinist ganesh referred.

Very well done. Best wishes for #TNK to be a centurion. His bowing azhuttam and krithi paddantara suddham is one of a kind.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

centurion
Centenarian.

ganesh_mourthy

Post by ganesh_mourthy »

cricket season is the reason for the slip I guess.

It was a nice piece to watch and TNK sir as I have ovserved is quite humble person and his love for both music and even the violin instrument is well known and hence it produced honey dipped music.

nAdopAsaka

Post by nAdopAsaka »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UpiufmLFXU

cream always rises and always coagulates too ! ..so you get a stage like this !!

there are a few more terrific kritis/ragas in this unique video of a kutcheri (Kalakshetra maybe) from 70's..
Patnams timeless varnam elevated by three greats..
video flows into the wednesday graha kriti for e.g.

MDR in full flight with all his gestures...with TNK and UKS enjoying and ably accompanying....

ps Centurion may be freudian, their perfomances (all three) are so calm and assured,
belying the underlying strife each vidwan must have felt establishing their own brand as individual artistes..
all had important contemporaries too..

the_ARTery

Post by the_ARTery »

Updated permanent YouTube link for the TNK 92 video:

https://youtu.be/XnjMpfsS8Kk

Thanks to rasikas for all the feedback!