Supporting Musicians during these hard times

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
shanks

Supporting Musicians during these hard times

Post by shanks »

In the current situation with Covid running rampant, most musicians other than the leading/established ones are bound to be in severe financial trouble.
Are there any non-profit organizations or groups who are able to collect funds and disburse funds to the musicians in need of financial support, preferably at a city level. By city level, I mean that one should be able to target the donations/funds to musicians in specific cities.
Living outside India, I would like to support but I do want to be sure that any donation I make is actually reaching the people who need to funds with minimal loss in the so called administrative costs.
I am sure that there are many others like me who would be open to supporting this cause.

Thanks
Shankar

Nick H

Re: Supporting Musicians during these hard times

Post by Nick H »

You could try Parivadini. Actually, I think it is a topic that came up last year, so other names/orgs may already be mentioned on the forum.

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Check out TMK's twitter feed.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

COVID-19 Artists Fund: Support Marginalized Artists

The COVID Artist Fund Campaign was started in March 2020 and over the course of a year, we supported more than 3000 artists, across 24 states and shared over Rs. 1 crore with them. We did believe that this year would be better.

Unfortunately the 2nd wave of the pandemic has hit us hard, hence we are rejuvenating our efforts to support artists across India who are struggling to meet their basic needs. Contrary to public perception most artists live on the margins and are always ignored by the state.

We request you to contribute generously and spread the word to your friends and families.

100% of your contributions will reach the beneficiaries.
DONATE

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

COVID-19 Artists Fund: Support Marginalized Artists
Mail from Sri TM Krishna

The COVID Artist Fund Campaign was started in March 2020 and over the course of a year, we supported more than 3000 artists, across 24 states and shared over Rs. 1 crore with them. We did believe that this year would be better.

Unfortunately the 2nd wave of the pandemic has hit us hard, hence we are rejuvenating our efforts to support artists across India who are struggling to meet their basic needs. Contrary to public perception most artists live on the margins and are always ignored by the state.

We request you to contribute generously and spread the word to your friends and families.

https://milaap.org/fundraisers/support- ... on?co=true
DONATE

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Very discouraging response to help marginalized artists.
It is a great pity that we want all music for free.

shanks

Post by shanks »

hnbhagavan wrote: 13 May 2021, 14:46 COVID-19 Artists Fund: Support Marginalized Artists
Mail from Sri TM Krishna

https://milaap.org/fundraisers/support- ... on?co=true
DONATE
Thanks, I will contribute.
I was looking for other channels too.

Shankar

parivadini

Post by parivadini »

Parivadini has been doing contributions exclusively to the nagaswaram and thavil artists. In the first wave, we had raised INR 30,00,000. We recently launched the second round of contributions. We have give INR 5000 to 45 lady artists so far. Feel free to reach out to parivadinimusic@gmail.com if you want to contribute.