T V Sankaranarayanan Mama style

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
HarishankarK

T V Sankaranarayanan Mama style

Post by HarishankarK »

Namastey
Who are the students or TVS Mama or Mahadevan Sankaranarayanan who sing exactly in their style?
R Suryaprakash am already aware of - so looking for names of any other students
Last edited by HarishankarK on 08 Jul 2021, 05:09, edited 1 time in total.

Manian

Re: T V Sankaranarayanan Mama style

Post by Manian »

This is a childish statement. If you carefully analyze TVS, you will see suddenly MMI's cominatory notes and style. When one evolves, it always start from some where. The stems come from the tree, thus one can not argue or should not, that they are on their own.

The genetic inheritance is always there. However, if you state the TVS has his own unique style, then it is acceptable. This does not mean that you should not fell how you feel, but can not expect every one to see through your own lens.

Ravi Varma's paintings have their own interpretation according to the perception of the viewer. Personal feeling and opinion are only emotional and can not be duplicated.

HarishankarK

Post by HarishankarK »

I have changed my question

Manian

Post by Manian »

There is nothing in asking questions. What I suggested to rephrase it. Your enthusiasm to find if some other artist can be either compared or found like Sr. TVS is a valid question. It is like some one saying, nothing comes to my mother's cooking. That is what happens if one musician captures your mind and spirit in a unique way.
You can see Kalki as a writer par excellence or some speakers or Cho!. But if you can elaborate the aspects you think is unique , it will be a learning experience for others. Perceptions are individualistic and making others see your perception is also a gift a reader shares with fellow readers. So, please take my post as a student asking a teacher, please explain. No offense is meant.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Mahadevan Sankaranarayanan, son and disciple of TVS, is singing exactly in his style. You can check in yt.

anonymityatlast

Post by anonymityatlast »

I find his daughter Vidushi Amruta Sankaranarayanan to follow the style more closely.

HarishankarK

Post by HarishankarK »

TVS Mama
Mahadevan
And
Amrutha Sankaranarayanan
I know already