DOCTORATE TO GAYATHRI GIRISH

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
CRama

DOCTORATE TO GAYATHRI GIRISH

Post by CRama »

It gives me great pleasure to share the happjness with the forumites that Smt Gayathri Girish has been awarded Doctorate for her thesis JOURNEY TOWARDS LIBERATION AS SEEN IN MUTHUSWAMY DISHITAR KRITIS. I was invited for the zoom presentation of the thesis yesterday. Gayathri Girish has conducted an indepth research into the subject by choosing 132 kritis of Deekshitar on Siva and made the presentation with confidence, clarity and poise. She could give convincing answers to the many questions raised by the Examiner and other participants. A well deserved honour. Congratulations to DR. Gayathri Girish.

rajeshnat

Re: DOCTORATE TO GAYATHRI GIRISH

Post by rajeshnat »

Best wishes to a usually very thorough and thoughtful vidushi Dr Gayathri Girish

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Congratulations to the Vidushi!

Sundara Rajan

Post by Sundara Rajan »

I have enjoyed many of her thematic concerts and have marveled at her depth of study of the subject matter. Congratulations and best wishes to the Vidhushi.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

My best wishes to Vidushi. Dr Smt Gayatri Girish.
With blessings
Thanjavooran
15 08 2021

kmrasika

Post by kmrasika »

Congratulations to Dr Gayathri Girish- aside a seasoned performer, her lecdem concerts reflect scrupulous preparation in terms of preparation and presentation.