srI rAjarAjEshvarI navAvarnA krithI's

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
coolcrave

Post by coolcrave »

i, guys..just thought you'd love to listen to these rare GEms :

sri rajarajeshwari navavarna krithis - compiled in a single album called Tripura Vaibhavam, is the most recent(in the 21st century) navavarna krithis I've heard, composed by the noted Saint and NadOpasakar Poojya Sri Ganapathi Sachchidananda Swamiji of the Avadhoota Dattapeetham (http://www.dattapeetham.com ), MYSORE, INDIA. The Krithis contain the essance of Sri Vidya Upasana, Sri Chakra Rahasya and the Navavarna method of worshipping mother goddess. These krithis are so sacred that by merely chanting its sahithyam an individual is initiated to understand the knowledge of Sri Vidya which requires sophisticated preparations mostly beyond the human nature.
Following the tradition of sri venkatamakhin music lineage, Sri Mutthuswamy Dikshitar has been credited to have composed such navavarna krithis and the Sri Kamalamba Navavarna krithis are his signature compositions. Coming from the same lineage of such rich music tradition, Poojya Sri swamiji has composed 12 krithi's including a dhyana, mangala and dola krithi on Goddess Sri Rajarajeshwari. The krithis are rendered by starlwarts like Balamurali krishna, Nityashree, Sowmya and many other noted carnatic artist in India. These krithis are gems of its kind following dikshitar's Navalamba krithis and Thyagaraja's pancharatna krithis. Happy listening.

Hear all the krithis here : http://www.bolt.com/coolcrave/audio/1719239
- (for a smoother listening experience please allow player to stream the audio fully while pausing the audio initialy)
- pls do leave sincere comments (you need to be a member of http://www.bolt.com ) after listening, thank you.

regards
keshav
;)

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

In addition to Dikshitar, OVK has also composed a set of navAvarNa kritIs (srIvidyA upAsanA) dedicated to kAmAkshI of kAnchI - and if the currently believed timeline is correct, he predated the trinity, and can, therefore, be considered to have been one of the firsts to embark on these thematic compositions.
http://www.geocities.com/oothukkadu has a bio, and a listing of his compositions, including the navAvarNa kritIs.
Ravi

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

How do you play the songs though? I cannot see any option for playing on the page u posted.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

DRS,
Click on the picture by the song...
Ravi

meena

Post by meena »

DRS

try this link:
DELETED
Last edited by meena on 07 May 2008, 00:57, edited 1 time in total.

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

Thanks Ravi & Meena

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

meena
How do we get the lyrics?
Looks like a nice discussion topic for DRS!

meena

Post by meena »

cml
sorry i've no clue.

coolcrave

Post by coolcrave »

Hi, sorry for the inconvenience ......

Here are more details...

- If you dont see the player just refresh the link

- "sachchidAnanda" is the composer's nAma mudrA

- I will try to post the meaning to the sAhityams soon, till then enjoy listening. Thank YOu

dhyAnA krithI - srI rAja rAjEshI
krithI: srI rAja rAjEshi
rAga: shanmukhapriya
tAla: Adi
Artist: Dr. M. Balamuralikrishna
Lyrics :

Meaning :
Pallavi: Sri Rajarajeswari! Show mercy to me. Just as you reside in Srichakra (a spiritual design), so also kindly reside in my heart.
You radiate abundant brilliance. You reside in the nine charkas (encirclements of Sri Chakra) You always shine in the forms of several celestials. You enlighten the devotee’s heart with knowledge.
Caranam 1: I always meditate on the non-difference i.e oneness of the Divine Mother (Sri Devi) and Sri Chakra. Also I ever ad ever think of the oneness of Sri Chakra and the Universe comprising of several worlds and galaxies. I deeply ponder over the oneness of the Universe and the human body (Paramatma, the Supreme Soul dwells in one aspect as Jivatma, the individual soul in the human body). As long as I live I feel always oneness of the Divine Mother’s mantra and form in my breathing always. (These are the four aspects of harmony or synthesis as per the sacred science of Srividya. In the further songs on the Mother during the festival, more details of these aspects of harmony will be explained)
Caranam 2: Oh! Mother! Nada (the pious sound) is your form. You are in the left part of Siva’s form. Both the word and the meaning are your forms. Upanishads, the sacred books of philosophy explain many aspects of the Divine Mother, who is the repository of pure knowledge. You fondle your two sons Ganapati and Kumaraswamy. “Tat â€" Tvam â€" Asiâ€ÂÂÂ

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Thanks very much coolcrave!
Having the lyrics helps the listening. Do post the meanings too if you can. That can be a nice basis for further discussions.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

DRS
could you throw some light on the raga 'nartaki'? Thanks

coolcrave

Post by coolcrave »

Hi again i've updated the lyrics with its meanings....so hope i've helped you understand more about this amazing krithis...

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Thanks agin coolcrava!
That was very helpful!