Unrelated posts - Ramayana thread

History, religion and culture
param

Post by param »

Dear Moderators,

Please find out who is playing this trick and why? Do we have some new GUEST - perhaps a bolt :cry:

:cry: I think someone is playing some kind of a prank or is this a way of showing me the way out? :cry:

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Param, no one it seems has deleted any links of yours. Please keep going. And there is no conspiracy against you.

You are as much welcome as anyone else to continue your good work.

param

Post by param »

Param, no one it seems has deleted any links of yours. Please keep going. And there is no conspiracy against you.

You are as much welcome as anyone else to continue your good work.
Srkris,

it is really strange, you say that the links have not been deleted.
If you try to search for the links, they are not available.
The entire post is missing both here and in Bhagavatham.
In Bhagavatham - u will find that I have reposted the links.
Where are the links then?

Anyways thank you for clearing the air on the conspiracy issue.

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Param, I am sorry I am not able to find the source of the problem. None of the moderators nor me has deleted your links. Please repost your links again (provided they are not from commercial albums, of course).

param

Post by param »

SRKRIS,

If you take a look at page 1 of this thread, you will find a lot of links deleted. Now please advise how I should proceed. Next week, I should have received the balance of Ayodhya Kandam and possibly other discourses too. But if links will be deleted by someone - what should one do.

CML sir/Meenaji/DRS - please advise

ammamaha

Post by ammamaha »

Dear Shri PAram
Thanks

shobha

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Param

srkris has clearly indicated that the links have not been tampered with by anybody at the Forum. Apart from that you are the only one who can edit the links posted by you. Is it possible that you had given access to someone else to use your account?

Everybody is eager to read the rest of the Ramayana. Do post the links as well as other discourses as and when you get them. Many thanks to you on behalf of all the readers! Also we are eagerly awaiting the start of the laya classes! regards

param

Post by param »

CML sir,

While I respect Srkris' view that neither he nor the other moderators have deleted any of the links, I do not have similar clarity from the others. And on the other hand, why would I having taken the trouble of uploading a file on to rapidshare - then having posted on this thread for your listening pleasure, want to delete them. I have not given access to anyone else to use my account.

All Mods, is it possible to hack an account on this forum?

So far as start of the laya classes is concerned, I had requested Srkris to reinstate me as a Moderator for the laya section so as to maintain control on the events to which I have not heard anything. Hence work on laya section has stopped. Let's wait and see what happens.

drshrikaanth

Post by drshrikaanth »

CML sir,

While I respect Srkris' view that neither he nor the other moderators have deleted any of the links, I do not have similar clarity from the others.
Are you expecting each of the mods to come and "own up" to you? srkris has spoken for all of us and you have got to take his word.
I dont know why any idiot would want to hack into anyone's account. Even if they did, why would it be specially your account? There are many of us who have been here longer and written a lot more. If their accounts were "hacked"(By an IDIOT that is), it would be more "fun" for that person right?

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Param

I am lost here. We are all at this Forum to share and enjoy CM. Our motto succinctly is
'yAM peRRa inbaM ivvaiyaM peRuka'
(let the world share the pleasure that we had!)

There was a lot of expectation for the laya lessons and an outpouring of support from experts and Rasikas equally. As much as you have done a lot of work and have the expertise it beats me why you want to back out!

Being a moderator is a chore than an honour. srkris wanted a few of us to share and monitor the Forum to lighten his burden and that is all! We are trying our best to prevent 'bad elements' as well as vandalism. It is unfortunate that your thread got deleted for whatever reason. Certain issues are beyond out ken and srkris is certainly investigating! You have complete control on the laya lessons as you can edit and modify your posts. If there is any modification needed srkris or any of the moderator will assist you with reformatting. That does save you lot of trouble.

I sure hope you will not disappoint so many eager reagistrants on trivial grounds. Rest assured we honour your expertise and thank you for the generosity in sharing your resources (the restrictions on commercial recordings is a legal requirement which has to be adhered for the survival of this Forum). Regards

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Sri Param,

CML said it best. Please continue the laya forum topics without feeling the need to control things.

As you know too many cooks can spoil the broth, also no cooks means no broth; so we are all great with whatever we have been doing, let us not rock the boat by changing the setup too frequently.

Layam section needs a revitalization through your help. Please restart your good work there a.s.a.p. Thanks

param

Post by param »

CML sir,

While I respect Srkris' view that neither he nor the other moderators have deleted any of the links, I do not have similar clarity from the others.
Are you expecting each of the mods to come and "own up" to you? srkris has spoken for all of us and you have got to take his word.
I dont know why any idiot would want to hack into anyone's account. Even if they did, why would it be specially your account? There are many of us who have been here longer and written a lot more. If their accounts were "hacked"(By an IDIOT that is), it would be more "fun" for that person right?
DRS,

Admittedly some IDIOT has hacked MY account - for I do not take pleasure in spending hours uploading X files - posting them on the net and then surreptitiously or otherwise, deleting part of them (as has been suggested above).

As you can see only over the past 10-15 days this has been happening - earlier links were deleted by Meena - because she found them to be copyrighted and mentioned so.

BUT NOW - some IDIOT is deleting entire posts (not just deleting links) - so this has to be the handiwork of some moderator.

If you do not believe me, ask one of the members to try deleting entire posts - They will not be able to - I have tried it myself. The only rights given to us (members) are QUOTE and EDIT. Delete is awarded ONLY to Mods and not to other members. What I complain is that my entire posting is being deleted and not only the links. Can someone please explain the situation as it stands now. I hope why I sought the presence of all the MODS is clear now

Many thanks

yAM peTRa inbaM ivvaiyaM peRuka - is something that I believe in too - and I would like that to happen in the simplest manner possible.

CML sir - Not only Being a moderator is a chore - being a teacher is a bigger chore - especially when you do not know who the students are. But to me both are Honours.