10 Things That Will Disappear in Our Lifetime

Languages used in Carnatic Music & Literature
venkatakailasam

10 Things That Will Disappear in Our Lifetime

Post by venkatakailasam »

You may find some of these things to be surprising! Here are ten things that will disappear in our lifetime.

What are they...

Read it at..

http://www.scioto.com/10-things-that-wi ... -lifetime/

11th one will be Many of us..

Rsachi

Re: 10 Things That Will Disappear in Our Lifetime

Post by Rsachi »

VKLSM,l
great catch! Of course I was thinking of those things even as I read your title.
(Did you notice that the site that made the list is a site for handicapped people?)

Let me add some items they missed, and what is closer to our lives:

1. The Carnatic sabha concert - traveling and sitting through a long concert of the same musicians will be too much like work for most of us. We will prefer virtual reality shows. Just flip through the channels! And immerse yourself in surround sound Thyagaraja OF YOUR CHOICE.
2. The pure raga based system of music called Carnatic music. There will be too much of fusion and MISRA KICHADI.
3. Songs on gods and goddesses...why not sing of people and things instead!? Topical themes!?
4. Stringed instruments. Did you notice Yamaha has replaced strings in a piano? How long will it be before we will have more versatile key boards and rhythm pads? Remember in any case it will never be live music, but virtual music, learnt virtually via Skype and delivered via a web conference.
5. Male Female voices ... No real need to have only one type of voice.. Voice chips will do the trick to create a voice that sounds like Shankar Mahadevan as well as Shreya Ghoshal.. Just a on-demand modulation.
6. Applause... What the heck... It will be canned. The more sophisticated auditoria/studios will have voting buttons and display "Likes"
7. The list is becoming too scary, man... Let me end it. There will be NO DISTANCE. NO TIME. NO SPACE. All will be conquered, but best of all.....With time shift technologies you can ZAP OUT THE SPEECHES IN CONCERTS (or add in your own!!)

And one thing that will NEVER GO AWAY, guess what......

NOSTALGIA.