venkatakailasam

Re: Inspiarational messages

Post by venkatakailasam »

Give...What you seek from others..

Share from Debbie Saporta

venkatakailasam

As you came alone, you have to go alone…
It is a long long way to go …….
All have parted their ways and left you alone..
To seek the path yourself….
It is sometimes tiresome, sometimes painful to walk alone
The galaxy of stars or beyond… that is your destination
Keep walking alone uttering His name on the lips
No way to avoid …have faith..
As, He will show the way…
venkat k

venkatakailasam

Share from Debbie Saporta

venkatakailasam

Thank you Raashid Mullick-> Debbie Saporta

One day all the employees reached the office and they saw a big advice on the door on which it was written: “Yesterday the person who has been hindering your growth in this company passed away. We invite you to join the funeral in the room that has been prepared in the gym”.

In the beginning, they all got sad for the death of one of their colleagues, but after a while they started getting curious to know who was that man who hindered the growth of his colleagues and the company itself.

The excitement in the gym was such that security agents were ordered to control the crowd within the room. The more people reached the coffin, the more the excitement heated up. Everyone thought: “Who is this guy who was hindering my progress? Well, at least he died!” One by one the thrilled employees got closer to the coffin, and when they looked inside it they suddenly became speechless.

They stood nearby the coffin, shocked and in silence, as if someone had touched the deepest part of their soul. There was a mirror inside the coffin: everyone who looked inside it could see himself.

There was also a sign next to the mirror that said: “There is only one person who is capable to set limits to your growth: it is YOU.” You are the only person who can revolutionize your life. You are the only person who can influence your happiness, your realization and your success. You are the only person who can help yourself.

Your life does not change when your boss changes, when your friends change, when your partner changes, when your company changes. Your life changes when YOU change, when you go beyond your limiting beliefs, when you realize that you are the only one responsible for your life. “The most important relationship you can have is the one you have with yourself” .

Moral: The world is like a mirror: it gives back to anyone the reflection of the thoughts in which one has strongly believed. The world and your reality are like mirrors lying in a coffin, which show to any individual the death of his divine capability to imagine and create his happiness and his success. It’s the way you face Life that makes the difference...

venkatakailasam

Inspirational - Time

A young man learns what's most important in life from the guy next door.

It had been some time since Jack had seen the old man.
College, girls, career, and life itself got in the way.
In fact, Jack moved clear across the country in pursuit of his dreams.
There, in the rush of his busy life, Jack had little time to think about the past and often no time to spend with those importantto him. He was working on his future, and nothing could stop him.
Over the phone, his mother told him, "Mr. Belser died last night. The funeral is Wednesday." Memories flashed through his mind like an old newsreel as he sat quietlyremembering his childhood days.
"Jack, did you hear me?"
"Oh, sorry, Mom. Yes, I heard you. It's been so long since I thought of him.I'm sorry, but I honestly thought he died years ago," Jack said.
"Well, he didn't forget you.Every time I saw him he'd ask how you were doing. He'd reminisce about the many days you spent over"his side of the fence" as he put it," Mom told him.
"I loved that old house he lived in," Jack said.
"You know, Jack, after your father died, Mr. Belser stepped in to make sure you had a man's influence in your life," she said.
"He's the one who taught me carpentry," he said. "I wouldn't be in this business if it weren't for him. He spent a lot of time teaching me things he thought were important...Mom, I'll be there for the funeral," Jack said.
As busy as he was, he kept his word. Jack caughtthe next flight to his hometown. Mr. Belser's funeral was small and uneventful. He had no children of his own, and most of his relatives had passed away.
The night before he had toreturn home, Jack and his Mom stopped by to see theold house next door one more time.
Standing in the doorway, Jack paused for a moment.It was like crossing over into another dimension, a leap through space and time. The house was exactly as he remembered.Every step held memories.Every picture, every pieceof furniture....Jack stoppedsuddenly.
"What's wrong, Jack?" his Mom asked.
"The box is gone," he said.
"What box? " Mom asked.
"There was a small gold box that he kept locked ontop of his desk. I must have asked him a thousand times what was inside. All he'd ever tell mewas 'the thing I value most,'" Jack said.
It was gone. Everything about the house was exactly how Jack remembered it, except for the box. He figured someone from the Belser family had taken it.
"Now I'll never know what was so valuable to him," Jack said. "I better get some sleep. I have an early flight home, Mom."
It had been about two weeks since Mr. Belser died. Returning home from work one day Jack discovered a note in his mailbox. "Signature required on a package. Noone at home. Please stop by the main post office within the next three days, the note read.
Early the next day Jack retrieved the package. The small box was old and looked like it had been mailed a hundred years ago.
The handwriting was difficult to read, but the return address caught his attention. "Mr. Harold Belser" it read. Jack took the box out to his car and ripped open the package. There inside was the gold box and an envelope. Jack's hands shook as he read the note inside.
"Upon my death, please forward this box and its contents to Jack Bennett. It's the thing I valued mostin my life." A small key wastaped to the letter. His heart racing, as tears filling his eyes, Jack carefully unlocked the box.There inside he found a beautiful gold pocket watch. Running his fingers slowly over the finely etched casing, he unlatched the cover. Insidehe found these words engraved: "Jack, Thanks for your time! - Harold Belser."
"The thing he valued most...was...my time."
Jack held the watch for a few minutes, then called his office and cleared his appointments for the next two days. "Why?" Janet, his assistant asked. "I need some time to spend with my son," he said. "Oh,by the way, Janet...thanks for your time!"
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away,"
Time has a way of getting away from all of us...TAKE THE TIME...NOW.

Written By : Sandip Garg

Thank you Inspiring Stories....Debbie Saporta..

venkatakailasam

Image courtesy Inspirational messages...

The clouds in the sky
Changing its colours from time to time
Only dark clouds can have a silver lining
And can bring you rain
Only rocks and hills can erupt
Sea can have a tsunami
Shaking earth can destroy towns and cities
Flowing rivers can flood your places..
Still, you depend on them
For all your needs..
He is the destroyer
And also the protector …
It is nature’s way…
Providing wisdom through experience.
To experience joys and sorrows
Which is His choice….
venkat k

venkatakailasam

The Elephant Rope

As a man was passing the elephants, he suddenly stopped, confused by the fact that these huge creatures were being held by only a small rope tied to their front leg. No chains, no cages. It was obvious that the elephants could, at anytime, break away from their bonds but for some reason, they did not.

He saw a trainer nearby and asked why these animals just stood there and made no attempt to get away. “Well,” trainer said, “when they are very young and much smaller we use the same size rope to tie them and, at that age, it’s enough to hold them. As they grow up, they are conditioned to believe they cannot break away. They believe the rope can still hold them, so they never try to break free.”

The man was amazed. These animals could at any time break free from their bonds but because they believed they couldn’t, they were stuck right where they were.

Like the elephants, how many of us go through life hanging onto a belief that we cannot do something, simply because we failed at it once before?

Failure is part of learning; we should never give up the struggle in life.

Thanks to Debbie Saporta

venkatakailasam

Debbie Saporta
Touching life story.....

A young man was getting ready to graduate college. For
many months he had admired a beautiful sports car in a dealer's
showroom, and knowing his father could well afford it, he told
him that was all he wanted.

As Graduation Day approached, the young man awaited
signs that his father had purchased the car. Finally, on the
morning of his graduation his father called him into his private
study. His father told him how proud he was to have such a fine
son, and told him how much he loved him. He handed his son
a beautiful wrapped gift box.

Curious, but somewhat disappointed the young man
opened the box and found a lovely, leather-bound Bible. Angrily,
he raised his voice at his father and said, "With all your money you
give me a Bible?" and stormed out of the house, leaving the holy
book.

Many years passed and the young man was very successful in
business.
He had a beautiful home and wonderful family, but realized his
father was very old, and thought perhaps he should go to him. He
had not seen him since that graduation day. Before he could make
arrangements, he received a telegram telling him his father had
passed away, and willed all of his possessions to his son. He
needed to come home immediately and take care things.
When he arrived at his father's house, sudden sadness and
regret filled his heart.

He began to search his father's important papers and
saw the still new Bible, just as he had left it years ago. With
tears, he opened the Bible and began to turn the pages. As he
read those words, a car key dropped from an envelope
taped behind the Bible.
It had a tag with the dealer's name, the same dealer who had the
sports car he had desired. On the tag was the date of his graduation,
and the words...PAID IN FULL.

How many times do we miss God's blessings because they are not
packaged as we expected?

venkatakailasam

An anthropologist proposed a game to the kids in an African tribe. He put a basket full of fruit near a tree and told the kids that who ever got there first won the sweet fruits. When he told them to run they all took each others hands and ran together, then sat together enjoying their treats. When he asked them why they had run like that as one could have had all the fruits for himself they said: ''UBUNTU, how can one of us be happy if all the other ones are sad?''
'UBUNTU' in the Xhosa culture means: "I am because we are"

-Debbie Saporta

venkatakailasam

DINING IN THE DARK
(Re posting this wonderful article from a FB friend's wall)
The 'EYE' opener, may we call it?
One Friday evening I was invited by an MNC vendor to an event which
they had organized, to raise funds for the visually handicapped people
in a center for blind people. As usual, since it was a Friday evening, I first thought of skipping the event, considering it could be a bit boring, and rather spend the evening relaxing.
But being alone and sometimes finding it difficult to kill time, I thought of accepting the invitation and registered online for booking.Moreover it was free which was another motivation to go to the event. I was looking at the event to pass some time, meet few people and nothing else.

When I went there, there were approx. 40 people from various industries invited for the event. I found some Indians and naturally talked to them about how life in Singapore, etc.Initially we were shown a video about the visually handicapped center,
what were their activities, how they were helping blind people in Singapore to live a more fulfilling life, etc.

It was a short 15 minute video and quite inspiring; how people from different walks of life spend time in helping these blind people without expecting anything in return. They shared the satisfaction and fulfillment they got by helping them.

After the video, we were gathered in a hall and briefed about next event.

The theme of the next event was "Dining in the Dark.” And this is the event which turned out to be inspiring and worth sharing. What it meant was that we 40+ people were going to have Dinner in a pitch dark room!

The next two hours were completely planned, organized, directed and executed by three blind youth. One was a girl (leader) and the other two boys were her assistants, forming a team of three blind volunteers.

The blind leader first gave us tips for dining. (These were actual standards the blind people follow in order to make their life easier).

When you sit at your table things will be placed as follows :

At 3 o’clock of your dish : you will find a spoon.
At 9 o’clock : fork
At 12 o’clock : spoon.
At 2 o’clock : empty glass
Dish at the center with Paper napkin tucked at 6 o clock.

There will be two large jugs circulated to you. The jug with plain walls will have water and the jug with curved walls will have orange juice.

When you get your jug based on your choice you have to pour it in your glass. You have to dip your forefinger in the glass so that when you fill it and the liquid touches your finger, you have to stop pouring.
She asked whether everyone had understood . All said yes but everyone was confused and trying to remember what she said and confirming with each other.

The next 1½ hours we spent were full of fun and learning. In a completely pitch dark room where we could not see anything, we were enjoying various delicious foods without seeing it.

We were taken in groups in the dark hall. Each one was directed by an awkward because actually we are supposed to guide blind people to their destination and help them.

We were served a full 5-course dinner by this team of three blind people – welcome drinks, appetizers, starters , main course and desserts. The amazing thing was that the team of three blind people were serving exactly vegetarian dishes to vegetarian people who were sitting randomly in the room. While registering online we were asked
to choose between "Vegetarian" and "Non Vegetarian.” I had obviously chosen Vegetarian, being one.

We were so nicely hosted that we did not have to wait in between serves. As we were finishing one dish, we were served the next without any delay.

After approx. one-and-a-half-hour of dining in the dark , the leader asked whether everyone had finished eating. After confirmation, she switched on the lights of the dining room. We left the dining room with tears in our eyes.

We realized how lucky we are and how we have been gifted with beautiful eyes to see this beautiful world. We realized how difficult the lives of blind people (and other handicapped) are, without being able to see. We realized how uncomfortable we were for just two hours without being able to see anything and how they must be living their
lives. We realized how unfortunate we are, that we do not value the simple things in life we have, and cry (sometime louder, sometimes within ourselves) and run after what we don't have, for whole of our lives, without having time to adore the things that we have.

Be cheerful. Adore whatever you have in life. You may try for whatever you don’t have; but never feel sad about it. You need to experience it; something like what I had experienced, to believe this philosophy of life.

Just start counting all the good things you have. Eyes, ears, nose, good hands, good legs, etc. There are hundreds and hundreds of things Mother Nature has gifted to us. But our human tendency is that we forget all good things we have in life and focus only on things that we don’t have and start grumbling and complaining in life. This is
due to sheer ignorance.

venkatakailasam

I do not know whom to praise....the father or daughter..Sheer hard work and perseverance...

venkatakailasam

A doctor entered the hospital in hurry after being called in for an urgent surgery. He answered the call asap, changed his clothes & went directly to the surgery block. He found the boy’s father pacing in the hall waiting for the doctor.
On seeing him, the dad yelled: “Why did you take all this time to come? Don’t you know that my son’s life is in danger? Don’t you have any sense of responsibility?” The doctor smiled & said: “I am sorry, I wasn’t in the hospital & I came as fast as I could after receiving the call…… And now, I wish you’d calm down so that I can do my work”

“Calm down?! What if your son was in this room right now, would you calm down? If your own son dies now what will you do??” said the father angrily The doctor smiled again & replied: “I will say what Job said in the Holy Book “From dust we came & to dust we return, blessed be the name of God”. Doctors cannot prolong lives. Go & intercede for your son, we will do our best by God’s grace”

“Giving advises when we’re not concerned is so easy” Murmured the father.

The surgery took some hours after which the doctor went out happy, “Thank goodness!, your son is saved!” And without waiting for the father’s reply he carried on his way running. “If you have any questions, ask the nurse!!”

“Why is he so arrogant? He couldn’t wait some minutes so that I ask about my son’s state” Commented the father when seeing the nurse minutes after the doctor left.

The nurse answered, tears coming down her face: “His son died yesterday in a road accident, he was at the burial when we called him for your son’s surgery. And now that he saved your son’s life, he left running to finish his son’s burial.”

Moral: Never judge anyone….. because you never know how their life is & what they’re going through” Hit SHARE if this story touched your heart..

venkatakailasam

My Name is Rose

The Difference Between Growing Old and Growing Up

The first day of school our professor introduced himself and challenged us to get to know someone we didn't already know. I stood up to look around when a gentle hand touched my shoulder.

I turned around to find a wrinkled, little old lady beaming up at me with a smile that lit up her entire being. She said, 'Hi handsome. My name is Rose. I'm eighty-seven years old. Can I give you a hug?'

I laughed and enthusiastically responded, 'Of course you may!' and she gave me a giant squeeze. 'Why are you in college at such a young, innocent age?' I asked.

She jokingly replied, 'I'm here to meet a rich husband, get married, and have a couple of kids...'

'No seriously,' I asked. I was curious what may have motivated her to be taking on this challenge at her age.

'I always dreamed of having a college education and now I'm getting one!' she told me.

After class we walked to the student union building and shared a chocolate milkshake. We became instant friends. Every day for the next three months we would leave class together and talk nonstop. I was always mesmerized listening to this "time machine" as she shared her wisdom and experience with me.

Over the course of the year, Rose became a campus icon and she easily made friends wherever she went... She loved to dress up and she revelled in the attention bestowed upon her from the other students. She was living it up. At the end of the semester we invited Rose to speak at our football banquet. I'll never forget what she taught us. She was introduced and stepped up to the podium.

As she began to deliver her prepared speech, she dropped her three by five cards on the floor. Frustrated and a little embarrassed she leaned into the microphone and simply said, 'I'm sorry I'm so jittery. I gave up beer for Lent and this whiskey is killing me! I'll never get my speech back in order so let me just tell you what I know.'

As we laughed she cleared her throat and began, ' We do not stop playing because we are old; we grow old because we stop playing. There are only four secrets to staying young, being happy, and achieving success. You have to laugh and find humour every day. You've got to have a dream. When you lose your dreams, you die.

We have so many people walking around who are dead and don't even know it! There is a huge difference between growing older and growing up. If you are nineteen years old and lie in bed for one full year and don't do one productive thing, you will turn twenty years old. If I am eighty-seven years old and stay in bed for a year and never do anything I will turn eighty-eight. Anybody can grow older. That doesn't take any talent or ability. The idea is to grow up by always finding opportunity in change. Have no regrets. The elderly usually don't have regrets for what we did, but rather for things we did not do. The only people who fear death are those with regrets.'

She concluded her speech by courageously singing 'The Rose **.'

She challenged each of us to study the lyrics and live them out in our daily lives. At the year's end Rose finished the college degree she had begun all those years ago. One week after graduation Rose died peacefully in her sleep.....

Over two thousand college students attended her funeral in tribute to the wonderful woman who taught by example that it's never too late to be all you can possibly be.

These words have been passed along in loving memory of ROSE.

REMEMBER, GROWING OLDER IS MANDATORY, GROWING UP IS OPTIONAL.

We make a Living by what we get. We make a Life by what we give.....

God promises a safe landing, not a calm passage. If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

The Rose **

Some say love, it is a river
that drowns the tender reed.
Some say love, it is a razor
that leaves your soul to bleed.
Some say love, it is a hunger,
an endless aching need.
I say love, it is a flower,
and you it's only seed.

It's the heart afraid of breaking
that never learns to dance.
It's the dream afraid of waking
that never takes the chance.
It's the one who won't be taken,
who cannot seem to give,
and the soul afraid of dyin'
that never learns to live.

When the night has been too lonely
and the road has been to long,
and you think that love is only
for the lucky and the strong,
just remember in the winter
far beneath the winter snows
lies the seed that with the sun's love
in the spring becomes the rose.

A Share from Debbie Saporta

venkatakailasam

Get Inspired......... Hats Off To This Lady........ From 50 paise, she now earns Rs 200,000 a day. She started her career 31 years ago as an entrepreneur, selling eateries from a mobile cart on the Marina beach amidst all odds -- battling a failed marriage, coping with her husband, a multiple addict, and taking care of two kids. Today, she has overcome the hurdles and owns a chain of restaurants. She married against the will of her parents. Unfortunately, the marriage failed but her parents never forgave her and she was on her own along with 2 children. " I knew I should either succumb to the burden or fight; I decided to fight my lonely battle." she said. She started selling pickles, squashes and jams she made at home. Eventually she started her own cart on Marine Drive, Mumbai. On the first she just sold one cup of coffee, making 50 paise the first day. But she never lost hope and earned as high as 25,000 rs a day. One day the Slum Clearance Board gave her an offer to run the canteen at their office with a proper kitchen. The chairman met her during her morning walk. It was a huge success. Thereafter, she never looked back. She suffered the second shock of her life in 2004 when she lost her daughter and son-in-law in a road accident. The ambulance refused to carry their dead bodies. Finally, somebody carried all the dead bodies in the boot of a car. She couldn't bear the scene and broke down. That is when she decided to keep an ambulance on that very spot to help people whether the victims are alive or dead. It is in memory of her daughter. Today Patricia along with her son runs the chain of restaurant 'Sandeepha' in her daughter's memory and around 200 people work under her. She was awarded 'Ficci entrepreneur of the year' in 2010.

A share from Venkatesh Iyer....

venkatakailasam

Don't let life pass you by.........
(interesting and true!!!)

I was jogging one day and i noticed a person in front of me, about 1/4 of mile. I could tell he was running a little slower than me and I thought, good, i shall try to catch him. I had about a mile to go my path before i needed to turn off.So i started running faster and faster. Every block, i was gaining on him just a little bit. After just a few minutes i was only about 100 yards behind him, so i really picked up the pace and push myself. You would have thought i was running in the last leg of London Olympic competition. I was determined to catch him. Finally, i did it! I caught and passed him by. On the inside i felt so good.

"I beat him" of course, he didn't even know we were racing. After i passed him, i realized i had been so focused on competing against him that i had missed my turn. I had gone nearly six blocks past it. I had to turn around and go all back. Isn't that what happens in life when we focus on competing with co-workers, neighbors, friends, family, trying to outdo them or trying to prove that we are more successful or more important? We spend our time and energy running after them and we miss out on our own paths to our God given destinies.

The problem with unhealthy competition is that its a never ending cycle.There will always be somebody ahead of you, someone with better job, nicer car, more money in the bank, more education, better behaved children, etc. But realize that "You can be the best that you can be, you are not competing with no one." Some people are insecure because they pay too much attention 2 what others are doing, where others are going, wearing & driving.Take what God has given you, the height, weight & personality. Dress well & wear it proudly! You'll be blessed by it.Stay focused and live a healthy life.There is no competition in DESTINY, run your own RACE and wish others WELL!
(Shared story, title mine.....)

venkatakailasam

The Story and LOVE and EGO
Once upon a time there was an island where all the feelings lived together. One day there was a storm in the sea and the island was about to get drowned.

Every feeling was scared but Love made a boat to escape. Every feeling boarded the boat Only 1 feeling was left.

Love got down to see who it was.

It was EGO.

Love tried and tried but ego wasn't moving. Meanwhile the water was rising too.

Every one asked love to leave him and come in the boat, but love was made to love. In the end all the feelings escape and Love dies with ego on the island.

Moral: Love Dies because of EGO

get relief from EGO..You can see the world..

venkatakailasam

A 50- something year old white woman arrived at her seat on a crowded flight and immediately didn't want the seat. The seat was next to a black man. Disgusted, the woman immediately summoned the flight attendant and demanded a new seat. The woman said "I cannot sit here next to this black man."

The fight attendant said "Let me see if I can find another seat."

After checking, the flight attendant returned and stated "Ma'am, there are no more seats in economy, but I will check with the captain and see if there is something in first class. "

About 10 minutes went by and the flight attendant returned and stated "The captain has confirmed that there are no more seats in economy, but there is one in first class. It is our company policy to never move a person from economy to first class, but being that it would be some sort of scandal to force a person to sit next to an UNPLEASANT person, the captain agreed to make the switch to first class."

Before the woman could say anything, the attendant gestured to the black man and said, "Therefore sir, if you would so kindly retrieve your personal items, we would like to move you to the comfort of first class as the captain doesn't want you to sit next to an unpleasant person."

Passengers in the seats nearby began to applause while some gave a standing ovation......

venkatakailasam

venkatakailasam

Shared from Inspiring Young India
Read, its beautiful.....

"When I was a kid, my Mom liked to cook food and every now & then I remember she used to cook for us. One night in particular when she had made dinner after a long hard day at work, Mom placed a plate of bread jam and extremely burned toast in front of my dad.

I was waiting to see if anyone noticed the burnt toast. But Dad just ate his toast and asked me how was my day at school. I don't remember what I told him that night, but I do remember I heard Mom apologizing to dad for burning the toast.

And I'll never forget what he said: "Honey, I love burned toast."

Later that night, I went to kiss Daddy good night and I asked him if he really liked his toast burned. He wrapped me in his arms and said, "Your momma put in a long hard day at work today and she was really tired. And besides... A burnt toast never hurts anyone but harsh words do!" You know, life is full of imperfect things... and imperfect people.... I'm best at hardly anything, and I forget birthdays and anniversaries just like everyone else. What I've learned over the years, is that learning to accept each others faults and choosing to celebrating relationship.

Please pass this along to someone who has enriched your life.. I just did ! Life is too short to wake up with regrets... Love the people who treat you right and have compassion for the ones who don't..

venkatakailasam

Re: Inspirational messages

Making a difference: A true friend..

‘Our services are free for the orphan, destitute, poor, needy and unknown’ reads a small poster on the walls of the Sri Meenakshi Coffee Bar behind the Government Rajaji Hospital mortuary.

Coffee bar-owner A.Harikrishnan rescues the old and the destitute, the diseased and often the dead in his ambulance and takes them to old age homes, hospitals, orphanages and sometimes when required to the mortuary. He has often helped tourists and their families, if sudden death befalls one of them while travelling. He makes arrangements for transporting the bodies to their native places. “I have even accompanied the bereaved families to Odisha, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh ,” he says. He has sometimes even motivated the families of the deceased to donate his or her eyes. It has worked in 30 cases so far.

Read it at The Hindu...

http://www.thehindu.com/features/metrop ... 681077.ece

venkatakailasam

Courtesy : Debbie Saporta
“One of life's best coping mechanisms is to know the difference between an inconvenience and a problem. If you break your neck, if you have nothing to eat, if your house is on fire – then you’ve got a problem. Everything else is an inconvenience. Life is inconvenient. Life is lumpy. A lump in the oatmeal, a lump in the throat and a lump in the breast are not the same kind of lump. One needs to learn the difference.”

-Robert Fulghum

“On some dimension or other, every event in life can be causing only one of two things: either it is good for you, or it is bringing up what you need to look at in order to create good for you. Evolution is win-win…life is self-correcting.”

-Deepak Chopra

“All the dead bolts, pulled shades and hidden knives in the world couldn't protect you from the truth.”

-Wally Lamb

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?”

-T.S. Eliot

venkatakailasam

A Man Uses A Rake On The Beach. See What He Did, It Will Blow Your Mind....
Andres Amador is no ordinary artist. He neither draws or paints. He doesn't sculpt. Instead of a white canvas, he uses nature, namely the beach. Instead of a brush, he uses a rake. Andres creates artworks that are larger than 100,000 square feet. He spends countless hours on his pieces even though he knows that the tide will soon wash it away..

Please see what he did here...

http://sftimes.co/?id=25&src=share_fb_new_25

venkatakailasam

Never Give Up

Sir Winston Churchill took three years getting through eighth grade because he had trouble learning English. It seems ironic that years later Oxford University asked him to address its commencement exercises.
He arrived with his usual props. A cigar, a cane and a top hat accompanied Churchill wherever he went. As Churchill approached the podium, the crowd rose in appreciative applause.

With unmatched dignity, he settled the crowd and stood confident before his admirers. Removing the cigar and carefully placing the top hat on the podium, Churchill gazed at his waiting audience. Authority rang in Churchill’s voice as he shouted, “Never give up!”

Several seconds passed before he rose to his toes and repeated: “Never give up!” His words thundered in their ears. There was a deafening silence as Churchill reached for his hat and cigar, steadied himself with his cane and left the platform. His commencement address was finished.

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

venkatakailasam

Irrelevant...The purpose is only to bring out the main message..that one should "Never Give Up"

Pratyaksham Bala

Irrelevant?
The full speech is inspirational!
This is a typical example of exaggeration and misquote by some unknown person!

venkatakailasam

It is OK..If people including me get inspired..any way

venkatakailasam

Beautiful story!!! ♥♥

"I saw this elderly gentleman dining by himself, with an old picture of a lady in front of him. I thought maybe I could brighten his day by talking to him.

As I had assumed, she was his wife. But I didn't expect such an interesting story. They met when they were both 17. They dated briefly, then lost contact when he went to war and her family moved. But he said he thought about her the entire war. After his return, he decided to look for her. He searched for her for 10 years and never dated anyone. People told him he was crazy, to which he replied "I am. Crazy in love". On a trip to California, he went to a barber shop. He told the barber how he had been searching for a girl for ten years. The barber went to his phone and called his daughter in. It was her! She had also been searching for him and never dated either.

He proposed immediately and they were married for 55 years before her death 5 years ago. He still celebrates her birthday and their anniversary. He takes her picture with him everywhere and kisses her goodnight.

Some inspiring things he said;

"I was a very rich man. Not with money, but with love"

"I never had a single argument with my wife, but we had lots of debates"

"People are like candles. At any moment a breeze can blow it out, so enjoy the light while you have it."

"Tell your wife that you love her everyday. And be sure to ask her, have I told you that I love you lately?"

Be sure to talk to the elderly. Especially strangers. You may think that you will brighten their day, but you may be surprised that they can actually brighten yours."

A share from dEBBIE sAPORTA..

venkatakailasam

This film should be seen by the entire world, please don't throw anything into the sea.

Unbelievable, just look at the consequences!!! — with Sunil Kariattukara.

This video is about an island in the ocean at 2000 km from any other coast line.
Nobody lives, only birds and yet ...............

You will not believe your eyes!!!!!!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=55 ... =2&theater

venkatakailasam

A graduate has been seeking for job, for
almost fifteen good years. No means to
get money. Then one day she had only
but one dollar with her, she entered in a
restaurant and bought food with that
money but just after she finished praying
for the food three people came in looking
so skinny and hungry. They asked her
for the food, she had compassion on them
and gave them the food.

They wanted to pray for her but she told
them that they need the prayer more
than her. She left them and when she
was about to leave they gave her an old
coin. She went and lay down under the
bridge to sleep, she saw newspaper and
picked it and when she was reading it,
there was an adverts about an old coin
that got lost in 1955. Anybody that brings
it was to be payed 10million dollars.

As soon as she saw it she checked the
coin and it was the same. Then she
rushed down to the address and they
confirmed it and issued her with a
cheque of 10million dollars. She rushed
back to that restaurant to see those three
men but she didn't find them.

When she asked the waiters, they gave
her a letter that the old men left behind
and she opened it, and this is what was
written:
"This is the God of the Father, the God of
Son and the God of the Holy spirit. No
man who praises God shall be left to
suffer. Him, his son and grandson's shall
live happy under the umbrella of God."
MORAL LESSON: Blessed is the hand that
gives than the hand that receive... Praise
God and your life will change...

A PRAYER FOR YOU: God will perform a
miracle in your life this week that is
bigger than you can ever imagine, a
miracle that will shoot you straight to the
top, IN JESUS NAME

NOW YOU HAVE 3 CHOICES:
1. Write in the comment box, "God
Remember Me"
2. Ignore it and pretend He never exist
3. DO NOT LET THIS INSPIRATIONAL
PAGE PASS YOU BY

Kindly remember to join my page X-tian Dela for more

TAKE ONLY THE SPIRIT BEHIND THE MESSAGE...

venkatakailasam

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

..as long as he is not influenced by his parTea goading him towards enmiTea!

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Venkatakailasam and cmlover,
Excellent!

venkatakailasam

The Little Boy
(Will Have to read this story with eyes blurred with tears)

Sally jumped up as soon as she saw the surgeon come out of the operating room. She said: “How is my little boy? Is he going to be all right? When can I see him?”

The surgeon said, “I’m sorry. We did all we could, but your boy didn’t make it.”

Sally said, “Why do little children get cancer? Doesn’t God care any more? Where were you, God, when my son needed you?”

The surgeon asked, “Would you like some time alone with your son? One of the nurses will be out in a few minutes, before he’s transported to the university.”

Sally asked the nurse to stay with her while she said good-bye to son. She ran her fingers lovingly through his thick red curly hair.

“Would you like a lock of his hair?” the nurse asked.

Sally nodded yes. The nurse cut a lock of the boy’s hair, put it in a plastic bag and handed it to Sally. The mother said, “It was Jimmy’s idea to donate his body to the university for study. He said it might help somebody else. “I said no at first, but Jimmy said, ‘Mom, I won’t be using it after I die. Maybe it will help some other little boy spend one more day with his Mom.” She went on, “My Jimmy had a heart of gold. Always thinking of someone else. Always wanting to help others if he could.”

Sally walked out of Children’s mercy Hospital for the last time, after spending most of the last six months there. She put the bag with Jimmy’s belongings on the seat beside her in the car. The drive home was difficult. It was even harder to enter the empty house. She carried Jimmy’s belongings, and the plastic bag with the lock of his hair to her son’s room. She started placing the model cars and other personal things back in his room exactly where he had always kept them. She laid down across his bed and, hugging his pillow, cried herself to sleep.

It was around midnight when Sally awoke. Laying beside her on the bed was a folded letter. The letter said:

“Dear Mom,

I know you’re going to miss me; but don’t think that I will ever forget you, or stop loving you, just ’cause I’m not around to say I LOVE YOU. I will always love you, Mom, even more with each day. Someday we will see each other again. Until then, if you want to adopt a little boy so you won’t be so lonely, that’s okay with me. He can have my room and old stuff to play with. But, if you decide to get a girl instead, she probably wouldn’t like the same things us boys do. You’ll have to buy her dolls and stuff girls like, you know. Don’t be sad thinking about me. This really is a neat place. Grandma and Grandpa met me as soon as I got here and showed me around some, but it will take a long time to see everything. The angels are so cool. I love to watch them fly. And, you know what? Jesus doesn’t look like any of his pictures. Yet, when I saw Him, I knew it was Him. Jesus himself took me to see GOD! And guess what, Mom? I got to sit on God’s knee and talk to Him, like I was somebody important. That’s when I told Him that I wanted to write you a letter, to tell you good-bye and everything. But I already knew that wasn’t allowed. Well, you know what Mom? God handed me some paper and His own personal pen to write you this letter. I think Gabriel is the name of the angel who is going to drop this letter off to you. God said for me to give you the answer to one of the questions you asked Him ‘Where was He when I needed him?’ “God said He was in the same place with me, as when His son Jesus was on the cross. He was right there, as He always is with all His children.

Oh, by the way, Mom, no one else can see what I’ve written except you. To everyone else this is just a blank piece of paper. Isn’t that cool? I have to give God His pen back now. He needs it to write some more names in the Book of Life. Tonight I get to sit at the table with Jesus for supper. I’m, sure the food will be great.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I don’t hurt anymore. The cancer is all gone. I’m glad because I couldn’t stand that pain anymore and God couldn’t stand to see me hurt so much, either. That’s when He sent The Angel of Mercy to come get me. The Angel said I was a Special Delivery! How about that?

Signed with Love from: God, Jesus & Me.”

Author Unknown

venkatakailasam

Malvika Iyer's amazing story of grit!...

Malvika Iyer is the essence of courage and optimism.

At 13, a freak accident caused her to lose both her hands and severely damaged her legs, raising serious doubts about whether she would ever walk again.

But young Malvika braved the odds and emerged victorious. Today she is a dedicated social worker, a motivational speaker and model for accessible clothing in India.

Malvika is also a Global Shaper from the Chennai Hub, which is a part of the Global Shapers Community, an initiative of the World Economic Forum.

She gives a first person account of her ordeal and how she overcame it to S Saraswathi....

Read it at:

http://www.rediff.com/getahead/report/a ... id=fbshare

venkatakailasam

This is not a story but a true incident that happened in USA.*
An Indian man walked into a bank in New York City one day and asked for
the loan officer.

He told the loan officer that he was going to India on business for two
weeks and needed to borrow $5,000.

The bank officer told him that the bank would need some form of
security for the loan. The Indian man handed
over the keys to a new Ferrari parked on the street in front of the
bank. He produced the title and everything
checked out.

The loan officer agreed to accept the car as collateral for the loan.

The bank’s president and its officers all enjoyed a good laugh at the
Indian for using a $250,000 Ferrari as
collateral against a $5,000 loan.
An employee of the bank then drove the Ferrari into the bank’s
underground garage and parked it there.

Two weeks later, the Indian returned, repaid the $5,000 and the
interest, which came to $15.41.

The loan officer said, “Sir, we are very happy to have had your
business, and this transaction has worked out very
nicely, but we are a little puzzled. While you were away, we checked
you out and found that you are a multi
millionaire. What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow
“$5,000″

The Indian replied: “Where else in New York City can I park my car for
two weeks for only $15.41(IT took more than $500.00) and expect it to be there when I return'”

Ah, the brain of the Indian… This is why India is shining . . .

Pratyaksham Bala

The earliest I could trace this was to 1999 !

The story starts like this in "Severin Browne's Joke" -- for the week ending June 26, 1999 :-

"A Businessman walked into a New York City bank and asked for the loan officer... ..."

Since then, the 'businessman' has turned into 'a Chinaman', then 'a blonde' and now 'an Indian' !
And the original Rolls Royce is now a Ferrari !

venkatakailasam

Does the date and time make any difference in the substance when I read it for the first time...

Pratyaksham Bala

No, not at all !
Now, let me read once again the first line and last line of #37 !

venkatakailasam

"It's the test of fire that makes fine steel " :
Once a little boy was playing outdoors and found a fascinating caterpillar. He carefully picked it up and took it home to show his mother. He asked his mother if he could keep it, and she said he could if he would take good care of it.

The little boy got a large jar from his mother and put plants to eat, and a stick to climb on, in the jar. Every day he watched the caterpillar and brought it new plants to eat.

One day the caterpillar climbed up the stick and started acting strangely. The boy worriedly called his mother who came and understood that the caterpillar was creating a cocoon. The mother explained to the boy how the caterpillar was going to go through a metamorphosis and become a butterfly.

The little boy was thrilled to hear about the changes his caterpillar would go through. He watched every day, waiting for the butterfly to emerge. One day it happened, a small hole appeared in the cocoon and the butterfly started to struggle to come out.

At first the boy was excited, but soon he became concerned. The butterfly was struggling so hard to get out! It looked like it couldn’t break free! It looked desperate! It looked like it was making no progress!

The boy was so concerned he decided to help. He ran to get scissors, and then walked back (because he had learned not to run with scissors…). He snipped the cocoon to make the hole bigger and the butterfly quickly emerged!

As the butterfly came out the boy was surprised. It had a swollen body and small, shriveled wings. He continued to watch the butterfly expecting that, at any moment, the wings would dry out, enlarge and expand to support the swollen body. He knew that in time the body would shrink and the butterfly’s wings would expand.

But neither happened!

The butterfly spent the rest of its life crawling around with a swollen body and shriveled wings.

It never was able to fly…

As the boy tried to figure out what had gone wrong his mother took him to talk to a scientist from a local college. He learned that the butterfly was SUPPOSED to struggle. In fact, the butterfly’s struggle to push its way through the tiny opening of the cocoon pushes the fluid out of its body and into its wings. Without the struggle, the butterfly would never, ever fly. The boy’s good intentions hurt the butterfly.

As you go through school, and life, keep in mind that struggling is an important part of any growth experience. In fact, it is the struggle that causes you to develop your ability to fly.

We can learn from this boy; if he had allowed the caterpillar to suffer a little more, then it would have soared to the sky, flown from one flower to another and been appreciated by the world for its colors and beauty....

Can some body provide link to this........

venkatakailasam

Thank you Sir..

venkatakailasam

venkatakailasam

a short story with a moral, must read...
Once there was a king who received a gift of two magnificent falcons from Arabia. They were peregrine falcons, the most beautiful birds he had ever seen. He gave the precious birds to his head falconer to be trained.

Months passed and one day the head falconer informed the king that though one of the falcons was flying majestically, soaring high in the sky, the other bird had not moved from its branch since the day it had arrived.

The king summoned healers and sorcerers from all the land to tend to the falcon, but no one could make the bird fly. He presented the task to the member of his court. Having tried everything else, the king thought to himself, "May be I need someone more familiar with the countryside to understand the nature of this problem." So he cried out to his court, "Go and get a farmer."

In the morning, the king was thrilled to see the falcon soaring high above the palace gardens. He said to his court, "Bring me the doer of this miracle."

The court quickly located the farmer, who came and stood before the king. The king asked him, "How did you make the falcon fly?"

With his head bowed, the farmer said to the king, " It was very easy, your highness. I simply cut the branch where the bird was sitting."

We are all made to fly -- to realize our incredible potential as human beings. But instead of doing that, we sit on our branches, clinging to the things that are clinging to the things that are familiar to us. The possibilities are endless, but for most of us, they remain undiscovered. We conform to the familiar, the comfortable, the mundane. So for the most part, our lives are mediocre instead of exciting, thrilling and fulfilling.

So let us learn to destroy the branch of fear we cling to and free ourselves to the glory of flight.

By mail...from a friend...

Pratyaksham Bala

Post #45.
Thanks!
This inspiring write-up is part of the Introduction written by Isha Judd for her book “Why Walk When You Can Fly?”
This book is available for reading at:
http://books.google.co.in/books?id=QPpK ... ia&f=false

Pratyaksham Bala

Post #44.
This thought-provoking message, which is going around for quite some time, is wrongly attributed to Dalai Lama. The credit should actually go to Jim Brown, author of "An Inerview with God".

Please check the site dedicated to His Holiness, Tenzin Gyatso, the 14th Dalai Lama, http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Tenzin_Gya ... Dalai_Lama under the heading "Misattributed".

venkatakailasam

A share from a friend..

venkatakailasam

It doesn't cost a penny to smile
You don't have to pay to laugh either...
You better thank God for that..
that you have born here...
where smiles and laughs are free..
As every thing else!
even when many starve....

venkatakailasam

Opportunities in disguise :

Alexander the Great was asked : “Would you take the next city if you had the opportunity to do so?’ to which the Great Conqueror replied, “Opportunity? Why, I don’t wait for opportunities, I create opportunities.”

John Bunyan, one of the world’s greatest writers, wrote Pilgrims’ Progress, a masterpiece of English literature in prison. He did not postpone his work because his jailers refused to give him paper to write on. Instead, he sat on the bare floor and wrote on twisted, wrinkled scraps of paper which had been used to cork bottles of milk at the prison. He created an opportunity for himself.

Michael Faraday, the great scientist, was not able to get even a primary education because his family was poor and he had to go to work. He had to earn a living and even when he was a young boy, he delivered newspapers in the streets of London. Then, when he was thirteen years old, a book-binder employed him.
In the book-binding trade, Michael had access to a variety of manuscripts and books. He read as much as he could. He took this opportunity to improve his education and to gain as much knowledge as possible. During his free time he attended lectures on scientific subjects. Soon he left the book-binder and concentrated his efforts towards becoming a scientist.
He made the opportunity to do what he wanted and didn't just give excuses.

Every job on hand is an opportunity to show what we are capable of achieving. We must not lose that opportunity. Our opportunity lies in our ability to make the best of the circumstances in which we find ourselves in.Our personality and initiative are our best means to achieve success.

Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't recognize them.