Troubleshooting
sureshvv

Some threads throwing errors

Post by sureshvv »

Like the Vijay Siva at MIT thread

rshankar

Re: Some threads throwing errors

Post by rshankar »

Suresh: most threads are doing it, but if you scroll down, the posts show up and you can respond or like the posts as usual.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

I did a search and when i click the result. Lot of posts are intact but towards the bottom of the thread , lot of posts is empty. Lost content.

I get this error in general .

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)

Srkris,
Hope you are not adding functions without doing a round of testing . I am getting worrried about losing content . Historically seven or eight years back we had a nightmare lot of posts which had double quotes got truncated and lost after you did a UI change .

Careful Careful Careful and communicate communicate communicate.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Srkris
There are serious problems .
Here is four you have to do
------------------------------------
1. I am bit worried about preserving content also in first place which is my previous part

2. When I use quote and and wrote a post and getting this error "Your meesage contains too few characters". Instruct users to save additionally in notepad

3. Proactively communicate to all users . Push this thread in the banner right at the top

4.Also i see you have added https do we have to do anything?

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

None of the font format tools are working, including colour options.

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

I have alerted srkris about this.

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Sorry - I didnt notice the thread earlier. I have made only the https (secured access) change but it should not affect anything. No content should be affected in any way. I'm looking into the issues reported above.

UPDATE:
sureshvv wrote:Like the Vijay Siva at MIT thread
rajeshnat wrote: [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 113: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 5312: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3925)
Pratyaksham Bala wrote:None of the font format tools are working, including colour options.
These are fixed now.