(Violin) Beginner: Help

To teach and learn Indian classical music
musicloverrr

(Violin) Beginner: Help

Post by musicloverrr »

ignore please
Last edited by musicloverrr on 28 May 2010, 11:23, edited 1 time in total.

Nick H

Re: (Violin) Beginner: Help

Post by Nick H »

I find the physical aspects of violin playing quite amazing (like... how long does it take to learn the angles to bow the correct strings?) and I am impressed by all those who take it up.

I can only say that, generally, in any art or craft, it is better to have strong discipline in the use of the instrument or tools at the beginning. Experience only teaches one where and when one can ease up, but, if you don't have the strong discipline, you don't have the choice.

musicloverrr

Post by musicloverrr »

ignore please

srinath G

Post by srinath G »

Nick H wrote:I find the physical aspects of violin playing quite amazing (like... how long does it take to learn the angles to bow the correct strings?) and I am impressed by all those who take it up.

I can only say that, generally, in any art or craft, it is better to have strong discipline in the use of the instrument or tools at the beginning. Experience only teaches one where and when one can ease up, but, if you don't have the strong discipline, you don't have the choice.
To any Violin Beginners what can be done to have good Bow Control is to practice some thing called Bowing Excercise:
* Try to Full Bow (from Bow tip to Fag) slowly on each string.
*Do the excercise like Forward on 1 st Sting, Return on 2nd similarly on 3rd and 4th String.
*Same excesise can be repeated in Jumbled order.
*Ensure you practice slowly so that continuous SA, PA,... Sound without any Break.

These execercise will be quite helpful to get good Bow Control. I have done the same as Beginner.

Happy Learning
srinath