AMS Easy Methods 2007 CD - Teaching and Learning Methods

To teach and learn Indian classical music
msakella

Re: AMS Easy Methods 2007 CD - Teaching and Learning Methods

Post by msakella »

If all the music-teachers, without singing themselves, initiate their students to learn music in this novel method of learning the aspirants will certainly become benefited by saving their invaluable time, energy and money. But, the efficient teachers who can manage both the Chaturashra and Trisra-gatis efficiently and who give high preference to the kids than the money can only follow this and help the aspirants and their respective parents which, in fact, becomes a million dollar question.

In continuation to the post No.573, the videos of Saveri Varna both in Chaturashra and Trisra-gatis sung by Chi. Chennu Akhileshwar, who had worked on his own and learnt them without my help at all, are now uploaded and the respective urls are funished hereunder for the benefit of the interested aspirants. amsharma

https://youtu.be/daMaPOFCYEA
https://youtu.be/nEUMyswCDxc

msakella

Post by msakella »

On 1st July, 2018, many of my direct and indirect disciples, music lovers and well-wishers have celebrated my Shatabhishekam at Hyderabad and very importantly nearly more than 160 students learning music in these AMS Easy Methods at different places have very efficiently demonstrated different levels of their music under the able guidance of their committed teachers. The video link is furnished here and the interested can enjoy it. https://youtu.be/nUbXhE-6Y40. The write-up given by the dynamic organizer, Shri. J.S.Eshwaraprasad himself in this connection is furnished herunder. amsharma

SAMPRADAYA TRUST, HYDERABAD.

Shata Gala Swara Laya Malika, a special Karnataka music presentatioin was conducted at Hyderabad on 1st July, 2018 on the occasion of Shatabhishekam of Violin Vidwan Shri Akella Mallikarjuna Sharma. Stalwarts of Karnataka music – viz. Sarvashri Annavarapu Ramaswamy, Komanduri Sheshadri, AIR Station Director V. Udayashankar, D. Raghavachary (of Hyderabad Bros), Ayyagari Shyamasundar, Hyderabad Sisters, Lalitha & Haripriya and Professors from Telutu University as well as organisers of Music Sabhas in twin cities of Hyderabad & Secunderabad attended.

The opening slot in the programme was Sapta-tala Jati-alankaras presented @ 4-3-8-6-units (Chaturashra & Trisra-gatis) by 50 kids.

The next was Sapta-tala Alankaras @ 1-2-3-4-6-8-units per beat - each Tala one round of Jati, next round Swaras – using Ragas Kharaharapriya, Chakravakam, Shubhapantuvarali, Dhenuka, Sihmendramadhyama, Rishabhapriya and Kamavardhani by 60 kids.

Following this was 100 voices vociferously putting a great show of Jati, Swara & Sahitya precisely interwoven into Trisra, Khanda & Mishra breaks in Chaturashra-gati Adi-tala - viz., starting with Nagumomugalavaani in Madhyamavati continued with….

(a) Shankarabharana swara with ‘Shakti sahita ganapatini’ nottu-swara (with Trisra breaks).

(b) Nadanamakriya swara with Annamacharya Keertana ‘Vacchenu Alamelumanga’ (with Khanda breaks),

(c) Shriranjani swara with Lakshana-geeta “Rerejayajaya’ (with Mishra breaks).

---finally culminating into Madhyamavati - Nagumomugalavaani.

Final lap of the show was Raga, Keertana & Kalpanaswara section –

(i) Saumitri Bhagyame Bhagyamu - Kharaharapriya,

(ii) Sharavanabhavaananda - Pantuvarali,

(iii) Shriguruguha - Shuddhasaveri,

(iv) Gopala ravela karunimcha vadela - Mohana (RTP).

--- all four items capably delivered by 30 students with all the ingredients viz., Ragamalika kalpanaswaras, Grahabheda and suitable musical mathematics all very dear to Guru Akella.

Music direction was by Smt. Chidrupa Lakshmi Eshwaraprasad and Chi.J.S.Shreeram (mother & son) both disciples of Shri Akella.

At the concluding felicitation function Shri Annavarapu Ramaswamy, Shri Komanduri Sheshadri and Shri V.Udayashankar were eloquent about Shri Akella’s relentless and dedicated service to further the cause of reaching and teaching young aspirants at a faster pace, with arithmetic and qualitative brilliance.

Shri J.S.Eshwaraprasad, Managing Trustee of Sampradaya presented the Sanmaanapatram and the programme was ably and capably compered by Shri M. Dakshinamurthy, AIR, Hyderabad.

Reacting to the whole evening programme Guru Shri Akella Mallikarjuna Sharma said he was very highly pleased with the efforts put in by Shri Eshwaraprasad and family in continuoualy striving to impart on the lines of AMS Easy Methods promulgated by himself.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Msakella
Sir.Nice to hear your Shatabhishekam . May you have your best health in future.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear brother-member, rajeshnat,

Thank you for your kind appreciation.

By the grace of the Almighty and best wishes of near and dear like you still I am able to serve our people mostly in Telugu States nowadays through WhatsApp and Youtube efficiently, sincerely and honestly as ever. amsharma

Kyvalya Vocalist

Post by Kyvalya Vocalist »

@ Sri MS Akella

Dear Sir,

Pranams.

Felt an extreme pleasure while watching the little ones demonstrating their laya ability through jatis, swara kalpanas. Children/students were able to shift from one nada to another nada effortlessly. Highly commendable training given by Sri Sriram and Smt. Chidrupa Lakshmi Eshwaraprasad. It clearly proves the authenticity of your teaching and learning methodology. My heartiest congratulations to the entire team who put up this successful show case. May many carnatic aspirants make use of these "AMS easy methods of learning" which are unconditionally available on youtube.

Thank you sir for sharing.

Regards,
Kyvalya

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear brother-member, Kyvalya Vocalist,

Thank you for your kind appreciation.

I have been blessed by the Almighty with the topics, Talaprastara and Easy Methods in learning our music. HE also, along with the cooperation of the like minded people, made me, honestly and efficiently serve around 300 poor aspirants and their parents in different places in learning our music saving their invaluable time, energy and money through this logical system of learning our music. I may not be able to help all the people on the globe but am able to serve a small fraction of the society.. For this I feel extremely happy and satisfied and I ever remain grateful to the Almighty. amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

In continuation to the 576th post Chi Akhil, after finishing the Bhairavi-Ata-Varna and Svarajati also, took a long gap due to the ill-health of his father and some domestic problems, again resumed his regular practice and now learnt on his own and with my barest minimum guidance and efficiently sang the three-phased Kalpanasvaras of both the mathematical and creative varieties in each of 1. Trisra-rupaka and 2. Trisra-triputa-talas even without learning even a single Kriti. The respective links of youtube are furnished hereunder for the benefit of the interested aspirants. amsharma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y44eoyu ... _rLu&t=82s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnMFdNw ... O_rLu&t=0s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTKsKHr ... O_rLu&t=0s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ots29Fx ... O_rLu&t=0s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_uhX7U ... O_rLu&t=0s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LrJaon ... &index=106

msakella

Post by msakella »

In continuation to the previous post No. 582, I hereunder furnish the youtube links in which Chi Akhil very efficiently sang the 3 phased Kalpanasvaras in Rupaka-tala even without learning any Kriti and without any help from me. amsharma

https://youtu.be/YfvrNhb7XtE
https://youtu.be/YCNBu-Jt9Ro
https://youtu.be/_XysPsFlY98

bmvarun

Post by bmvarun »

Sir, the MP3s and the books are not available in the link you have shared

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear brother-member, bmvarun,

On seeing your post just now I have verified this following link and found them. You also please try it again. amsharma
http://www.sangeethamshare.org/chandra/ ... hods-2007/

musantha

Post by musantha »

@ Sri MS Akella

Dear Sir,

Pranams.

Your music teachings are very inspirational and a great treasure. Thank you very much.

Please let me know how I can order the Sangeetha Svararag Sudha book in English with CDs.

Thanks & Regards,
Mugundhan S.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Pl. speak to my mobile No. 9908822992 and discuss. amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

In continuation to the previous post No. 583, I hereunder furnish the youtube link in which Chi Akhil very efficiently sang the mathematical and creative Kalpanasvaras-1 in Adi (medium-tempo) even without learning any Kriti and without any help from me.

Having become aware of the criminal loss already incurred since a very long time by our Karnataka-music community made by the egoistic and highly selfish legends of our music under the guise of music-teachers, I, only by the grace of Shirdi Saibaba, almost 10 years back, brought out a very logical method in learning our music by which, with the minimum dependence upon the teacher, the aspirant woks independenctly utilizing his/her own instintictive abilities and learns all the needed basic grammar hardly within only one year mostly depending upon the key-board, metronome, written material, audio and video files. In this process while the aspirant’s role is more than 95% (90% in respect of Instrumental-music) the teacher’s role is minimized to less than 5% (10% in respect of instrumental-music). Many of the relevant details of this method along with the respective urls of videos of the aspirants are also furnished in many of the posts of this thread. By going through this material one can very easily understand in which way all our kids have very plannedly been deceived by them incurring heavy loss of time, energy and money all along these years. amsharma

https://youtu.be/TfHbx5ts9mM

msakella

Post by msakella »

I, very sincerely, feel it as my duty as a responsible music-teacher to bring out to the notice of all others the illogicality crept into the very primary exercises of our music by our highly selfish, egoistic, conservative and ignorant legends of our music who themselves think as great teachers.

Previously also, only by the grace of the Almighty, I could remove many illogicalities imposed upon the methods of learning our music by these so called legends who are not teachers at all but cheaters and made it very efficiently 'time-bound and result oriented' unlike in the past. In making the entire process of learning our music very strictly logical, fast and easy I have brought out five books with symbolised, detailed and general-notations and symbolised easy Muktayis of Mullapudi School of Mridangam along with more than 1000 videos uploaded to YouTube. To help the poor aspirants all these books are supplied along with pre-recorded CDs or DVDs at cheaper rates.

While the learning of a number of compositions face to face direct from the so called Guru is the only criteria in the age-old system of teaching (cheating) music but not any grammer of music, in the modern logical system of learning music, the aspirant is initiated to work hard on his/her own independently for more than 95% with the criteria of becoming able to deal with the grammer like singing Swarakalpana and Ragalapana even before learning Kritis within a span of only one year.

Along with some efficient and honest music-teachers and lovers we, since last more than 10 years, have been working relentlessly on these lines and getting abundant results in our Telugu States. In this context many articles are also brought out in Telugu through
'https://www.facebook.com/akella.m.sharma' enlightening our Telugu people and many are following this and getting amazing results too.

Accordingly the person who sings/plays for less than 5% in the class is a true music-teacher and the person who exceeds this duration is, no doubt, a cheater I feel.

Now, very recently, I could locate another basic illogicality in our Alankaras where while short syllables only are used in five Alankaras longer syllables are also used in the remaining two Alankaras of Jhampa and Ata-talas. Now, these two Alankaras have been made more logical by replacing them with short syllables only and modifying them into 'srgmgrs-rgm' and 'srgrs-rgmgr-srgm' respectively which helps a lot to the students in their regular strenuous practice. amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

In continuation to the context of my previous post I would like to share the following information also.

Just like in learning cycling or cooking or music who ever mostly makes the aspirant himself or herself do and learn things on his or her own is the true teacher or otherwise a cheater.

Anywhere, at any place and at any time the selfish, egoistic, ignorant and such persons having very bad qualities, in general, prefer to dominate the society and rule as they like. Most unfortunately, the same thing happened to our Karnataka music long long ago by such persons and many are not aware that much harm has already been done in this manner.

Most unfortunately, irrespective of the rank or cadre or level, since a very long time, no music-teacher had ever tried to look into the various problems of the aspirants, the torch-bearers of our culture and to solve them in their favour. In general, all the music-teachers sing themselves and make the aspirants also sing along with them just like the teacher who mostly drives the cycle himself in cycling or cooks the items himself in cooking. None of the present teachers knows how, without singing himself/herself, to initiate the aspirant sing himself/herself or even tries to know.

Around 1900 Subbarama Dikshitar, having seen the plight of the perennially dependent music-students, brought out his monumental work, Sageeta Sampradaya Pradarshani in Telugu along with hundreds of compositions written in symbolised notations for the first time in the history to truly and truthfully help them a lot. But, these selfish gentle-men overtly praised him profusely but covertly, without using or developing or propagating these symbols, imposed a rule upon the students that they must learn music face to face only from their teacher without writing anything which helped only to horribly elongate the process of learning music for many years keeping the aspirants perennially dependents upon the so called Gurus, the parasitical performers but not teachers at all. In all these performing arts like cycling or cooking or dancing or music while the aspirant's role is more than 95% the true teacher's role should not exceed more than 5 %. As all these legends are parasitical performers only but not teachers at all they have always been used to sing themselves much making the aspirant also sing along with him/her which helped not only to illogically elongate the process of learning for many years without utilizing their instinctive abilities at all but the imitative ability only but also to absolutely waste their invaluable time, energy and money. All the more the music grammar of singing creative music under the guise of so called 'Manodharma Sangita' has never been taught to the aspirant on the pretext that it should neither be taught nor learnt which, in fact, is a deliberate lie just to cheat.

My extensive research in this respect obviously revealed that, in the above suicidal process, the imitative ability only is utilised but not any of the aspirant's instinctive abilities unfortunately. Thus, when I, without singing even for a single minute, properly initiated my students to work hard on their own according to a very strict logical plan they are able to sing even creative Swarakalpana for the compositions in all the six popular Talas along with brief Ragalapana also hardly within the span of only one year that too even before learning Kritis.

While less than 20% of the aspirants only may become professional performers in the age old, elongated and grammar-less method of learning a number of compositions far more than 80% certainly become both professional performers and teachers as well by independent learning of hardly a couple of years that too along with the very crucial grammar.

This system of learning music along with the most important grammar (not merely a number of compositions) abundantly helps both the aspirants and their parents as well by saving their invaluable time, energy and money. Having been blessed with this method of learning music by the grace of the Almighty in 2001 since then I have started cultivating this in our musically-backward area, Telugu States along with some like minded persons.

In 2015 my disciple, Dr. M.Prasanna, music-teacher, had very strictly been advised not to sing at all for some time by her family Doctor. At this time she had learnt this method of learning music and she brought out more than 50 kids from the Scheduled castes and tribes who have never been exposed to this invisible fine-art (https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 6uikF91ekv).

In 2017 three students, Jyothirmayi, Meghana and Akhil are trained in the method and their details are furnished below:
AMS-Jyothirmayi, Sai Meghana & Akhil: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Bwfx1O_rLu
http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic ... 58#p319958

Very recently another lady student, Chi. Sow. Krishnaveni (+919392409317) of 25 yrs. of age from Warangal, who has been learning music since 2007 and had already passed Diploma in Music and M.A. from Padmavathi University but been able to sing very brief Ragalapana and Swarakalpana in three Ragas only, came to me on 20190429 and showed interest in singing Swarakalpana and Ragalapana. When I have given her the videos of some intricate rhythmical exercises she could do them, then and there, very efficiently. Later, when I have given her my book, AMS Easy Methods along with the CD on 20190502 she was able to very efficiently cover all the different levels of Swarakalpana in all the popular six Talas within 20190513 (12 days only) of my book and proved that, if properly initiated by the true-teacher, many students can do so very quickly and efficiently. (all these audio-files are posted in WhatsApp)

I shall be very happy if any of the efficient and reputed music-teachers from Chennai also do in this manner and furnish the audios or videos of their students here, chronologically, in this forum. amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

In continuation to the context of my previous post I would like to share the following also.

As mentioned in my previous post Chi. Sow. Krishnaveni (30 yrs.) from Warangal could very efficiently sing both creative and mathematical Swarakalpana to the compositions in all the six popular Talas in the phased manner furnished and supplied by me in my book 'AMS Easy Methods' hardly within 12 days.

Later, again furnishing the relevant written material, when I have continued to initiate her by phone in singing the creative and mathematical Swarakalpana to one-unit gap in the 2nd degree from Samam to the Charanam 'tAmarasadaLanEtri' of the Kriti 'ammarAvamma-kaLYani-trisrarUpaka' she very efficiently fulfilled this task also on 20190518 which is very difficult to manage even to many of the professional performers (respective audio files are uploaded to the respective WhatsApp group).

Later, again furnishing the relevant written material, when I have continued to initiate her by phone in singing the creative and mathematical Swarakalpana to three-unit gap in the 2nd degree from Samam to the Anupallavi 'savanarakshaka' of the Kriti 'evarura-mOhana-cApu' she very efficiently fulfilled this task also on 20190522 which is very difficult to manage even to many of the professional performers (respective audio files are uploaded to the respective WhatsApp group).

Thus, she could very efficiently fulfilled the singing of both creative and mathematical Swarakalpana of all the above all hardly within three-weeks of time to which any reputed music-cheater from Chennai would have very gladly and lavishly wasted the invaluable time of a couple of years at the least, more physical energy in that period and enormous money of this dependent student as he likes. By the grace of the Almighty she was saved in this manner.

Even in 2010, when I was awarded the TTK award, I have demonstrated this logical system of learning our music in the Chennai Music Academy and I have been propagating, implementing, getting very encouraging results and furnishing them in these columns. In spite of all these things no music-cheater from Chennai acts honestly in sincerely helping the music students by possibly quickening the process of learning music. That is the greatness of our very highly selfish music-cheaters. amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

In continuation to the context of my previous post I would like to share the following also.

Later, even without my barest minimum help she sang the following efficiently and effortlessly hardly within a couple of months time of which the respective links are furnished hereunder.

This obviously reveals that we have abundant talent everywhere if the efficient, honest and truthful teacher (not cheater) taps it out in time.

Hereafter mostly I prefer to work at my place only in saving the invaluable time, energy and money of our Telugu kids than wasting my conserved energies in activating other worthless music-cheaters. amsharma

[6/9, 11:26 PM] WglKv Krishnaveni: Kalyani-1 unit gap- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-NA4mJ ... p=drivesdk

[6/9, 11:26 PM] WglKv Krishnaveni: Mohana-3 units gap- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-ODw3K ... p=drivesdk

20190524-WglKv Krishnaveni:Kalyani-raga- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-X5kTM ... p=drivesdk

20190526-WglKv Krishnaveni: Mohana-raga- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-Ywxpd ... p=drivesdk

20190528-WglKv Krishnaveni: Shreerajani-raga- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-eS2MO ... p=drivesdk

20190530-WglKv Krishnaveni:Kharaharapriya-raga- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-gvw4j ... p=drivesdk

20190602-WglKv Krishnaveni: Kambhoji-raga- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-jGq_j ... p=drivesdk

20190605-WglKv Krishnaveni: Bhairavi-raga- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-zbExZ ... p=drivesdk

20190608-WglKv Krishnaveni: Todi-raga- https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-zpJcj ... p=drivesdk

20190616-WglKv Krishnaveni-Kalyani-Adi-
Varna-Purvanga- @ 4-6-8 units per beat: https://drive.google.com/file/d/103mTK3 ... p=drivesdk

20190616-WglKv Krishnaveni-Kalyani-Adi-
Varna-Uttaranga- @ 4-6-8 units per beat: https://drive.google.com/file/d/108zM8X ... p=drivesdk

msakella

Post by msakella »

Having become old enough, by oversight, I forgot to furnish the video-links of the 12 yr. old kid, Chi. Chandra, one of the 7 kids of the ‘Swarakalpana Shikshana Shibir-1’.

This Shibir was held at Hyderabad in July & August, 2019. A set of 14 videos are sent by WhatsApp to the13 interested candidates and, among them, 7 have successfully rendered the rhythmical exercises and got selected for this training to be given and taken through WhatsApp process and through pdf files and audios only consisting of 3-level rhythmical and musical exercises (the teacher and students need not meet in person at all). In this workshop this above kid fulfilled the training within 22 days and the respective videos are furnished hereunder (the Swarakalpana Shikshana shibir-2 is going to start now). amsharma

1.Trisra Rupaka:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... ehF2O_SuDN

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... O3OI_-zOLL_

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... 2Za9nNR8ET

2.Rupaka:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... uh9sywZULO

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... ZBJWuBv26Y

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... kY0SrDQAVU

3.Chapu:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... 4gy2hUmF-d

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... h04BqNCPbV

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... Gp94NZ3wk0

4. Adi (medium-tempo):

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... WDF3gshrzR

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... aXzk8H2IPM

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... zX-LtCwidG

5.Ad (Trisra-gati):

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... EpfnCwqcKf

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... ES6qIcwh_k

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... VvmpvyuT4E

6.. Adi (Slow-tempo):

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... I5_u6k4arI

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... QVvePIBlKG

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... WBAFuxlJN7

raga_tala

Post by raga_tala »

Namaskarams AMS Sir,

I have been following your basic exercises playlist, and they are very helpful especially some of the bowing techniques for playing at higher speed. Could you please elaborate more on the thanam bowing, I would like to better understand the technique for that, similar to how MSG sir plays it in the shankarabarnam ata tala varnam ? (If I made a mistake in the technique name , please excuse me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJ1PXgSEmJo&t=4634s

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear brother-member, raga¬_tala,

My mobile No. is 9908822992 and my skype ID is msakella2002. Give me a phone call, get the time fixed to meet on Skype and I shall do the needful to your requirement. amsharma

DivyaVinod

Post by DivyaVinod »

Hello,
I would like to continue my carnatic vocal classes, I have done with my beginner lesssons, would like to pursue my music journey. I would prefer to have skype classes because I am a working women in Bangalore.
Can you anyone of you guide me to a guru where I can get knowledge on tiruppavais and next journey of music ?
divya2096@gmail.com

Thanks,
Divya M

msakella

Post by msakella »

I am not at all acquainted with Tiruppavais. Please try to get through any musician at Bangalore. amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

Another ‘Swarakalpana Shikhana Shibir-2’ is now running at Hyderabad along with nearly 30 candidates who are selected after a rhythmical test and are participating mainly by WhatsApp. This is meant to initiate them within a month to make them sing both mathematical and creative Svarakalpana. As usual some links containing pdf, audio and video files are sent to the candidates to work on their own with oral guidance from me by phone only. Among them, 10 yrs. old Chi.Harshita (Chennai-9241106284) stood first in fulfilling this task of singing both mathematical and creative Svarakalapna to the compositioins in six Talas, Trisra-rupaka, Rupaka, Triputa, Adi (medium-tempo), Adi (Trisra-gati) and Adi (slow-tempo) and the respective Google links of the video files are furnished hereunder. I feel very happy if any teacher or performer comes forward from Chennai, does like this in the same manner I do and furnish the respective links here in helping our kids at Chennai. amsharma

01.Trisra-roopaka:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GMMGSW ... p=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gw0Gsk ... p=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GmSynT ... p=drivesdk

02.Roopaka:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IJB7GA ... p=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IN5ARS ... p=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1INnTZk ... p=drivesdk

03.Triputa:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Hu3qVe ... p=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IFduhK ... OHo23/view
?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IGtkia ... p=drivesdk

04.Adi (medium tempo):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ig13UB ... p=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Iom5kV ... p=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IojGBm ... p=drivesdk

05.Adi (Trisra-gati):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JYHJoc ... p=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JZ2Q_5 ... p=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JfF0rL ... p=drivesdk

06.Adi (slow-tempo):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jrt_9F ... p=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ju-ZG3 ... p=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K4u-s4 ... p=drivesdk

msakella

Post by msakella »

As per our history Thyagaraja had fulfilled in learning music for only one year from his teacher, Sonthi Venkataramanaiah. In my extensive experiments it has been proved that, in such performing arts like our music, the person who restricts his/her own role to less than 5% but initiates the student to work for more than 95% can only justify and suitably called as an ideal teacher. All others are performers only but not teachers at all which none of them realizes.

Only after 5 yrs. after my retirement in 1996, having proved myself as an inefficient teacher by the grace of the Almighty in 2001, my real life as a true-teacher started and been able to serve the society truely and truthfully.

Even though we have umpteen Sangitakalanidhis, Sangita Kala Acharyas, Degree-holders and Doctorates, none of these highly egoistic and selfish Tamilian musicians bothered or tried to look into this very beneficial system of learning musiic as they all are of performers' perspective only but not of teachers' perspective and also they don't like to make learning music so fast and easy to the students.

In the same manner, long ago, they also have a great reputation for having most successfully ditched the symbolised notation which was newly introduced to help the poor music-students by Subbarama Dikshitar furnishing hundreds of music compositions in this symbolised notation in his monumental work, Sangita Sampradaya Pradarshini,1902. In this manner the so called legendary performers also posing as great teachers too never made the music-learning fast and easier even to our own kids. I can prove this at any time and place but I very well know that none of them openly comes out to discuss but is ready to turn a deaf ear to such unhelpful things.

Thus, in fact, very sadly, these professional musicians, in the absence of their teachers' perspective have wantonly omitted five very important aspects of music even from the syllabi of different music examinations and they are 1. Talaprastara 2. Swaraprastara
3. Categorising and defining different oscillations of notes as per the present-day need 4. Symbolised notation and 5. Odd Trisra-gati at the least.

1. Tàlaprastara: For the first time in the history, the full details of this rarest topic have been brought out by me even in 1972 in my book, Talaprastara Saagara (Telugu) which was donated to Andhra Pradesh Sangita Nataka Academy. But, after taking it out from the cold storage for 13 long years (12 yrs. of Aranyavaasa + 1 yr. of Ajnaatavaasa) this was published only in 1985. I have also demonstrated this topic in the Music Academy, Madras in 1983 and donated a copy to their library too. This topic is very helpful to the students in Swarakalpana. But, most unfortunately, none of our musicians know the knowledge or value of it or even bothered about including the newly found material in the syllabi of the various music examinations (however, I have included this in the syllabi of Certificate & Diploma examinations of AP).

2. Even though the topic Swaraprastara is already available in detail and also of immense help to the students, very sadly, this invaluable topic also has not been included in the syllabi.

3. Even though we have the very old categorization of 15 Kampitas & Gamakas these things have never been suitably defined and categorised keeping the needs of the present-day to help the poor students at the least.

4. As mentioned above, the very highly helpful system 'symbolised-notation' also has not been used or developed or propagated but ditched successfully by all these honourable performers.

5. Due to these professional performers who are not teachers at all immense loss has already been incurred by several generations of our musicians by not including the Trisra-gati at the least in these syllabi (however, with the help of the then Prof.N. Ramanathan, Madras University this, at first, was included in this University around 2005 and later in our Govt.music institutions in AP upto some extent).

Very sadly, many are not aware that, due to these very highly egoistic, selfish and parasitic performing musicians, many of our aspirants, since many generations, have incurred great loss of knowledge and became impotent in its own way.

However, I don't think that any sensible teacher will act accordingly to strengthen our students' community by including them in the syllabi of our music examinations. amsharma

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Pranams to all.
I being a music teacher of tswreis(gurukulas) started using ams easy methods from 2015 May.
Its a known fact that this novel system works very very efficiently. I raised as many as 100 students in this system (66 students at Tsers adavimallela) and 31 students (TswrFas malkajigiri).
By now, This system started giving me good reputation as an music teacher and now has given me an International education award in the category of *Best Music Teacher* 2019. My achievements as teacher in the form of videos by these 100 aspirants served as a testimonials in judging me in 3 phases and one round of Personal interview.
This award is given away by KITES productions and was presented to me at Novotel Goa on 21/12/2019.
I am one amongst 75 international awardees and I am the * only one* Music teacher amongst the awardees.(only one delegate from telangana).
All the credit goes to AMS easy learning methods.
I humbly request all the music teachers on this occassion to step out of our comfort zones and adopt this novel system and produce as many as young musical minds arounds us.
Together we can make healthy musicians for the future which would be the dire need in this era.
Dr. M. Prasanna.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Chi. Sow. Dr. Prasanna dear,

Blessings and hearty congratulations to you on your amazing achievements as a true and honest teacher in our Karnataka Music.

To tell the fact, as per our history, Sonthi Venkataramanaiah, the teacher of Thyagaraja the Great had taught him music within only one year. Only after five years of my retirement in 2001, in my introspection occurred by the grace of the
Almighty I was blessed by this novel and logical method of learning music within one year and from then onwards I have been using this method and getting amazing results within a very short time even without singing or playing Violin myself for more than 5%. In this novel and logical method of learning music the criteria is becoming able to sing creative music, the so called Manodharma Sangita, hardly within one year only even before learning the first Kriti. I have also given many of its details in these articles to be helpful to the interested teachers. But, as all our parasitic stalwarts are of performers' perspective only but not of teachers' perspective at all they all are for receiving degrees, Doctorates, employments, awards, titles and foreign tours only but not to truthfully and honestly help our own kids and their parents. amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

In continuation to the post No.592 I feel happy to state that my disciple Chi. Sow. Krishnaveni (+91 93924 09317) who also works as a Music-teacher in Telangana Residential Educational Institutions' Society, had, in the meantime, not only learnt more than 25 Kritis along with Niraval, Svarakalpana & Ragalapana fully on her own but also became able to train her school-student-kids demonstrate complex rhythmical exercises very easily and efficiently. The respective links are furnished hereunder.

In this novel and very strict logical system of learning music while the true teacher's role should not exceed more than 5% the student's role exceeds more than 95%. While the aspirants in the old and illogical system of teaching music depend wholly upon the teacher and merely imitating the teacher in learning either vocal or instrument, in this novel method of learning, the true teacher mostly initiates the student proceed further and further basing upon his/her own instinctive abilities and the written, audio and video material prepared for this purpose working for more time on his/her own. In this logical method, at the first instance, the kids are initiated to deal with the complex rhythmical exercises basing upon their instinctive rhythmical abilities which gradually makes them sing mathematical and creative Svarakalpana, the basic criteria of this system. To tell the truth, even though many are not aware, while less than 20% only become professionals in music in the elongated and illogical old method more than 80% can become professionals in the novel and logical method hardly within a couple of years. But, most unfortunately, our highly egoistic and selfish Sangitakalanidhis, who are of more performing perspective than teaching perspective are not at all willing to make benefit either to the aspirants or their parents by saving their time, energy and money by following this logical system of learning music. amsharma

https://youtu.be/NAm2R7l6yoA

https://youtu.be/DLICz5VPmmw

https://youtu.be/r1O4M0BAyfw

https://youtu.be/AfywxcAbBas

https://youtu.be/YkVAcue4qPc

https://youtu.be/bVkAAhbo5T8

https://youtu.be/-Mcg43Z2MQo

msakella

Post by msakella »

In continuation to the last post, now, I hereunder furnish the respective Youtube links in which the students of my disciple, Chi. Sow. Krishnaveni have very efficiently and successfully rendered the next rhythmical exercises for the benefit of the students (not for the cheaters). amsharma

https://youtu.be/afPTVy-Igko

https://youtu.be/SYiO5EXYfSA

https://youtu.be/w8Dh9tL2Bio

https://youtu.be/BkIKyT6y_zQ

https://youtu.be/2WnD2uapyrU

https://youtu.be/Anvxk_aVNBI

msakella

Post by msakella »

Only lesson of music could either be given or taken but sense of music could neither be taught nor learnt. To make it easily understandable it could be put in terms of driving a car. In driving a car the teacher can very well explain the technicalities of driving but the relation between the operation of accelerator and the clutch cannot be explained in terms of words but could only be felt by the learner. Even in cooking, the teacher can explain the technicalities of the process of cooking but bringing out delicious food is based upon the taste of the learner only. In the same manner, music-lesson could either be taught or learnt but music-sense must only be felt by the learner to sing or play soothing music.

But our legendary musicians did not allow even to write the compositions in notation leave alone writing in symbolized notation furnished by Subbarama Dikshitar in his monumental work, Sangita Sampradaya Pradarshini. So, to keep all the relevant things under their control, the highly egoistic and selfish legendary musicians have evolved an illogical system of teaching music face to face in which the teacher always sings or plays the instrument himself/herself and the learner must imitate him/her successfully. For this purpose these musicians who are mostly of performing perspective but not teaching perspective at all have listed a number of items and a large number of compositions in the syllabi to be sung by the teacher and followed by the learner. In this illogical process of learning face to face the student's instinctive abilities are not utilized at all but he/she is compelled to remain under the perennial control of the teacher for a prolonged period of 10 or 15 or even more of years.

For example, the teacher in tailoring, at the first instance, teaches the student how to stitch the cloth but not the method of obtaining the physical measurements of the body and the way of cutting the cloth without any waste. In the same manner, even in music, all the teachers prefer to keep the learner perennially dependent upon them to squeeze more money but never train him in singing creative music independently. For this purpose these musicians wantonly created an illusion that creative music could neither be written nor taught or learnt. In all the Music Colleges and Music Departments of various Universities these performers have been used to prepare a syllabus with a number of items and 50 to 60 compositions and to start with singing the items and compositions one after the other. None of the teachers are ready to take the responsibility of inculcating the ability of singing creative music within the first year of learning of the student. Since many years this is the monotonous method of teaching and making the students also sing along with them. All these teachers have been used to give few written passages of creative music just before the final examinations and connive with the teachers attending as Examiners and get their students passed with good percentage of marks. As no higher authorities have any knowledge of music they all think that all these teachers are working very efficiently and sincerely. I have visited many Music Colleges and Music-departments of several Universities and the state of affairs is one and the same at all places. If needed I can prove it at any time and place. amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

In any field of our life creativity has its own high place as it brings out the instinctive abilities of any individual and, in the same manner, even in our music creative-music has its own high place. In this respect I would like to furnish some facts to educate the general public only but not for any kind of self-aggrandisement.

As per our history Shonthi Venkataramanaiah, the teacher of Tyagaraja had taught him music within only one year. But, the egoistic, selfish and parasitical performing musicians who are mostly of performing perspective only but not of teaching perspective at all, instead of following this logical and highly beneficial system, have, to suit their selfish needs, wantonly brought out an illogical method in which the teacher always sings and the student perennially depends upon the teacher following and imitating him/her in singing or playing which facilitates the regular practice of the teacher in singing or playing a number of items or compositions in an elongated process running for years to come. At the same time they have also renamed creative music as Manodharma Sangita in 1940 and created an illusion that this cannot be written or learnt or taught but could only be obtained by heavy practice running for years to come. Thus these cheaters all have very conveniently avoided holding of any responsibilities of making the student knowledgeable in the intricacies of Swara or Laya but wantonly made the student perennially dependent upon the teacher.

Me too have learnt music in the same illogical way but having been appointed as Lecturer in Violin in 1961 in the Andhrapradesh Govt. Music College when I have followed the same method in which I have been taught I didn't get any encouraging results for more than 20 years consecutively. But, fortunately, like in all other music institutions and music Departments of our country, as no proper academic supervision has ever been made, I didn't loose my job. However, later, having become realised and mainly basing upon the favourable results, I could rectify some of my defects, became the best teacher of the bad lot and retired successfully.

But after 5 yrs. after my retirement in 2001, by the introspection took place only by the grace of the Almighty, it was, beyond any doubt, proved that the present method of teaching being followed by all the music-teachers, either vocal or instrumental, is very highly illogical and suicidal to the aspirants and music too. From then onwards, my truthful life as a honest and efficient music-teacher both for vocal and instrumental started. In this process I have made extensive experiments upon various aspects of muic-teaching and students too and found many amazing things which are not known to any of the present egoistic and selfish music-teachers.

In the age-old illogical method of so called music- teaching (singing) while the student is perennially made dependent upon the teacher and learns only a number of items and compositions, in the logical process of learning music while the teacher's role is less than 5% the aspirant's role is more than 95% in which the aspirants will properly be equipped with the knowledge of Swara and Laya to proceed further and further managing both of them by depending upon their own instinctive abilities. Moreover, in this logical process while the vocal-student becomes able to sing both mathematical and creative Swarakalpana hardly within only one year even before learning the first Kriti the violin-student can do this hardly within two years only. Since then I have been initiating all my students in this manner of which the respective videos of some of them are uploaded to 'msakella-youtube' also.

Later, after having become encouraged of the amazing results, I have extensively traveled to all the 12 Govt. Music Colleges in our State for two years between 2005 to 2007 holding periodical workshops and lecture-demonstrations on these logical, easy and innovative methods in learning our music for the benefit of both the students and teachers as well. But, by this, the then students only are truely benefitted and, except one or two teachers, all other teachers pretended only to learn them in my presence but didn't learn anything actually to in turn teach them to their respective students. Later, on several occasions, it was made clear to me that all these employed music-teachers working either in the Music-colleges or in the Music-departments are interested only in continuing the same old illogical and monotonic methods and in receiving their salaries very regularly but not to pass on these beneficial logical methods to their respective students at all. Gradually I came to know that, except very few youth music-teachers, no other Music-teacher wants to follow these logical methods even though they are highly beneficial to the aspirants in saving a lot of their invaluable time or energy or money.

In this respect even the performing experts of the Music Academy, Chennai, had, somehow, honoured me with their ritualistic TTK Award in 2010 and washed their hands conveniently without giving any importance even to this logical system of learning music by which almost all the aspirants would have become benefited a lot of their invaluable time, energy and money.

In paving the logical way in initiating the aspirant learn creative music right from the first day of learning itself it is very important to properly eqip him/her in five vital topics and they are: 1.Acquaintance with the odd-gati 2.Talaprastara 3.Swaraprastara 4.Categorisation and definition of the present-day oscillations of notes and 5.Symbolised notation.

1.Acquaintance with the odd-gati: For the first time, around 2000 on my initiation Trisra-gati was included in the syllabi of Madras University

2.Talaprastara: Even though, for the first time in the history, I have very successfully demonstrated this topic in the Madras Music Academy on 25.12.1983 and the first ever book on this topic was written and published by me in 1985 and a copy of it was also donated to their library none of our experts have ever cared to modify even the definition of it in the syllabi of different music examinations.

3.Swaraprastara: None of our experts did ever care to properly define this to be understandable and followable to our present day aspirants.

4.Categorisation and definition of the present-day oscillations of notes: In our Karnataka music, all the different oscillations have never been properly categorised or defined in the interest of our aspirants. Even though, I took and did the needful in this respect none of our experts are either ready to find fault in it or to bring out a logical and faultless one of his/her own.

5.Symbolised-notation: To the aspirants symbolised notation helps a lot more than the actual teacher (cheater) and hence with great foresight the great Subbarama Dikshitar brought out his monumental work, Sangita Sampradaya Pradarshani, with hundreds of compositions written in symbolised notation. But, most unfortunately, our egoistic, selfish and parasitical experts did neither follow it nor encouraged the aspirants to follow it. This is the greatness of our helpful experts!

In this respect while escaping from the responsibilities of inculcating the basic knowledge of both Swara and Laya in the aspirant these parasitical performers have wantonly omitted these above five topics from all the syllabi of all the music examinations. But, I have been used to properly initiate my students right from the very first day of lesson to learn all these vital topics to enable them deal with the five divisions, Raga-Tana-Pallavi- Niraval-Swarakalpana, of creative music.

In my extensive experiments upon the students I have found that the entrance from Swarakalpana makes the matters deadly easier to the aspirants to progress very quickly and efficiently in the creative music. For this purpose I have also symbolised some of the mathematical forms (muktayis) and brought out some PDF, audio and video files to be helpful to the aspirants while learning the Swarakalpana in a phased manner by telephone or WhatsApp or some other means.

By this some talented kids are able to sing both the mathematical and creative Svarakalpana in all the six popular Talas hardly within a month's time only. Interested candidates can contact my WhatsApp mobile number 9908822992 giving their name, age and WhatsApp number for getting proper guidance. amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

In continuation to the previous post I would like to give the following details also.

In this 'time-bound, result-oriented' and logical method of learning music the teacher merely initiates the student and the student works hard independently mostly basing upon the PDFs, audio and video files furnished by the teacher.

Chi. Shreenidhi, the grand-daughter of Chennai Shree Nageshwaran, having been initiated by me from Hyderabad in this logical method, learnt hardly for 8 months and gave a mini-concert in the Global Rasikas meet held in December, 2010 at Chennai and the respective URL of YouTube is furnished hereunder:

https://youtu.be/c6PzLGv8xFw

In the same manner 7 yr. old Chi. Rishabh Ranganathan (Chicago) was trained by me in Violin for 2 yrs. through Skype from Hyderabad and in the beginning of the 3rd yr. he played a mini-solo- concert in the Parthasarathi Swamy Sabha, Chennai on 20131227 and the respective URL of YouTube is furnished hereunder:

http://youtu.be/HW1km-mHYjM

(now, at the age of around 16 yrs. Chi. Rishabh has very regularly been participating in nearly 25 concerts every year in the December season, Chennai)

Again in the same manner two lady kids, residing 6 kilometres away from my house at Hyderabad were initiated by me by phone and hardly within 1 1/2 yrs. and even before learning the first Kriti they were able to sing both cretive and mathematical Swarakalpana in the popular six Talas along with brief Ragalapana. The URL link of YouTube in which the chronological order of their videos is furnished hereunder:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... Bwfx1O_rLu

The logical role of the teacher is less than 5% and the student's role is more than 95% in initiating the student in learning either cycling or motor-cycling or car-driving or cooking or music. While the criteria in the illogical old method is learning a number of items and compositions only in an elongated process running for years together becoming able to sing creative music that too hardly within the span of a couple of years is the criteria in the logical method of learning music.

But, as the old illogical method facilitates the teacher to escape from the responsibility of inculcating the knowledge of singing cretive music in the student and, at the same time, also to squeeze more money from the poor student in the elongated process running for years to come most of the music-teachers (cheaters) prefer to follow the old method only wasting the invaluable time, energy and money of the impotent student and his/her parents. Unless both the students and their parents realise the pros and cons of both these methods and demand for the logical and highly beneficial method among them most of the present music-teachers are interested in following the old monotonous method of teaching a number of items and compositions only but not the things like Swarakalpana of creative music.

Recently nearly more than 20 kids have attended the one-month work-shop on Swarakalpana through WhatsApp and became able to sing both creative and mathematical Swarakalpana in the six popular Talas very efficiently. amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

In my extensive experiments on the learning methods of music it has been proved beyond any doubt that all our musicians, without any exception, being more of performing perspective but not of teaching perspective at all and also being very highly egoistic and selfish, have always been used to follow their own illogical tradition only in any aspect of music. Having very successfully followed all these illogical and suicidal methods I have spent for more than 60 years of my life as an inefficient teacher and did much harm to the society with all my illogicalities and later only by the grace of the Almighty I have been able to do things on very logical and right direction getting amazing results unlike any other teacher on earth.

For a glaring example, particularly while teaching a student on the very first day of the lesson each and every south Indian music-teacher has been used to sing srgmpdns & sndpmgrs for 15 mts. or 30 mts. along with a Tambura or a Shruti-box havinvg only Shadja & Panchama, asks the student also follow him /her in singing and tells the student to continue the practice in the same manner until the next class. In fact, when the poor student is unable to differentiate either Shadja or Panchama of either the Tambura or the Shruti-box how the student can sing the other 5 notes rgmdn which are not available either in the Tambura or the Shruti-box without any help?

For another glaring example, all our music-teachers start the Alankaras with Dhruva-tala in which, except Dikshitar, no other composer dared to compose even a single composition. But, all our Sangita Kalanidhis or Kala Acharyas or Bharatratnas while teaching their students start these Alankaras with this great Dhruva-tala being unaware of the students' misery. I cannot list out here all such grave illogicalities of our music-cheaters.

Such basic blunders of our cheaters obviously reveal that as all these Sangita Kalanidhis or Kala Acharyas or Bharataratnas are of performing perspective only but not teaching perspective at all, none of them even think how a student can sing all these notes without any reliable help. In the same manner, even in respect of rhythm, many of them have ever been used either to practice along with metronome themselves or even to suggest the student to practice along with the metronome.

Ultimately, all these illogical methods are very conveniently used to elongate the process of learning for more than 10 or 15 yrs. keeping the poor student perennially upon the cheater and this makes us to understand that logically it is desirable to the student to invariably rely upon a precisive machines than this cheater in respect of Swara and Laya, the keyboard and metronome, the automatic electronic gadgets meant for both Swara & Laya to be on right path right from the very first day of the lesson and to avoid any mistakes in his regular practice.

Since 2007 more than 600 posts are written in this thread bringing out many such illogicalities to the notice of one and all but, very sadly, even though many teachers are well aware of these facts no one dares to come out and discuss openly lest their own beans will be spilled out in such open discussions. amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

Nowadays, does anybody prefer to go to Varanasi by foot??? No, not at all. Why? Absolutely it is a criminal waste of time, energy and money. To save the time, energy and money each and everybody prefers to possibly avoid to go to Varanasi by foot

Not only that, even in respect of our music, it has many a time been proved beyond any doubt that any student who invariably relies upon machines like electronic Shruti gadgets and metronome for Shruti and Laya than these cheaters and works hard independently will certainly prospers very quickly and efficiently. Thus, I never even toil myself for more than 1% while very honestly and efficiently initiating my students in music and in getting amazing results within a very short time.

Being insensitive many may not agree with me but I hate our Tambura being an inadequate instrument to be fully helpful and inspiring to any true musician (however, I don't want to waste my energies to narrate here these inadequacies of our Tambura). That is why, even 30 or 40 years back I have designed my own electronic automatic Tambura-cum- shruti-box and since been using this instrument only. Some of my old students also use this instrument only. Thinking that this instrument also becomes old and less operative like me gradually I have, then and there, brought out some audio-files with consonant combinations of notes of this instrument to be used just like Hindustani Swarmandal while singing different combinations of notes of different Ragas. To be useful to the sensitive musicians I have also uploaded them to Mediafire and the respective URL links are furnished in the 553rd post of this same thread.

For the benefit of the enthusiasts few days back I have demonstrated some of them and uploaded to YouTube and Facebook. Interested persons can go through them and benefited. amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

Having successfully spoiled hundreds of students in my career as a Violin-teacher in the Govt. service of nearly 35 years, I, only by the grace of the Almighty, have realised in my introspection held after 5 years after my retirement in 2001 and made extensive experiments on the methods of learning (not teaching or cheating) and successfully found a way out.

For a glaring example, particularly while teaching a student on the very first day of the lesson each and every south Indian music-teacher has been used to sing srgmpdns & sndpmgrs for 15 mts. or 30 mts. or even more along with a Tambura or a Shruti-box havinvg only Shadja & Panchama, asks the student also follow him /her in singing and tells the student to continue the practice in the same manner until the next class. In fact, when the poor student is unable to differentiate either Shadja or Panchama of either the Tambura or the Shruti-box how the student can sing the other 5 notes rgmdn which are not available either in the Tambura or the Shruti-box without any help? (I made my student rely independently upon the keyboard to avoid this)

For other glaring example, all our music-teachers start the Alankaras with Dhruva-tala in which, except Dikshitar, no other composer dared to compose even a single composition. But, all our Sangita Kalanidhis or Kala Acharyas or Padmashrees or P.hds while teaching their students start these Alankaras with this great Dhruva-tala being unaware of the students' misery (that's why I start with Eka-tala and upwards gradually in increasing number of value)

Still for another glaring example, among the Alankaras of seven Talas, while five of them have only short-notes two of them have longer-notes also by which the students are compelled to avoid these two Alankaras of Jhampa and Ata-talas in their regular practice (also to make use of them I have modified them suitably with all short-notes and all our students are utilising them in their regular practice)

I cannot list out here all such grave illogicalities of our music-cheaters. That's why I don't hesitate to call them all cheaters. Whoever dislikes this can prove his/her efficiency and honesty in teaching.

Such basic blunders of our cheaters obviously reveal that as all these Sangita Kalanidhis or Kala Acharyas or Padmashrees are of performing perspective only but not teaching perspective at all, none of them even think how a student can sing all these notes without any reliable help. In the same manner, even in respect of rhythm, many of them have ever been used either to practice along with metronome themselves or even to suggest the student to practice along with the metronome.

Ultimately, all these illogical methods are very conveniently used to elongate the process of learning for more than 10 or 15 yrs. keeping the poor student dependent perennially upon these cheaters and this makes us to understand that logically it is desirable to the student to invariably rely upon precisive machines than these cheaters in respect of both for Swara and Laya, the keyboard and metronome, the automatic electronic gadgets meant for both Swara & Laya to keep them on right path right from the very first day of the lesson and also to avoid any mistakes in their regular practice.

Since 2007 more than 600 posts are written in this thread bringing out many such illogicalities to the notice of one and all but, very sadly, even though many teachers are well aware of these facts no one dares to come out and discuss openly lest their own beans will be spilled out in such open discussions.

In my extensive experiments on the learning methods of music it has been proved beyond any doubt that all our musicians, without any exception, being more of performing perspective but not of teaching perspective at all and also being very highly egoistic and selfish, have always been used to follow their own illogical tradition only in any aspect of music. Having very successfully followed all these illogical and suicidal methods I have spent for more than 60 years of my life as an inefficient teacher and did much harm to the society with all my illogicalities and later only by the grace of the Almighty I have been able to do things on a very logical and right direction getting amazisng results unlike any other teacher on earth.

To tell the fact, the teacher who wants to initiate the student in learning cycling or car driving or cooking must perform them himself just for a few minutes just to show them the operations of them and later he has to initiate them in doing things on their own. Even also in learning music the teacher must do in the same manner allowing the student work on his own independently for more than 95%. In this logical and qualitative method in learning music the student works mostly and independently depending upon his own instinctive abilities of rhythm and note. For this purpose the student's rhythmical ability must, at the first instance, possibly be stabilised to learn music. Thus, in this logical and qualitative method in learning music while the student mostly works independently on his own, in the old, illogical and quantitative method in teaching music the student is compelled to perennially remain dependent upon the teacher which makes all the defference in his quick and efficient progress.

Truthfully, the aspirant of learning music must be made equipped with the qualitative knowledge of how to manage with both the rhythm and note which is absolutely logical. But, to always keep themselves on track of regular practice, the highly egoistic and selfish Tamilians introduced an illogical method of quantitative learning of a number of items and compositions only by listening to his teacher perennially making him dependent upon the teacher for an elongated period of 5 or 10 or 15 years.

At the time of Thyagaraja (1757-1847) even though his teacher, Sonthi Venkataramanayya taught him for only one year and made him a Vidwan these selfish Tamilians, since last 250 years, ditched this method and continued their illogical quantitative method only incurring heavy loss of time, energy and money of the poor student. While only less than 20% of the students are becoming Vidwans after the completion of this vigorous, illogical and elongated training depending upon the teacher, far more than 80% of the students are becoming Vidwans in this quickened, independent, logical and qualitative learning hardly within a couple of years. Most unfortunately, most of the selfish music-teachers are turning a deaf ear towards this logical and quickened method as this very badly effects their financial earnings and also reduces their importance as a Guru.

Thus, since last 250 years, all our hypocritical Sangitakalanidhis, Padmashrees, M.As, P.hds and the so called music-cheaters who are more of performing perspective and very less of teaching perspective have successfully been spoiling lakhs of students like I did through this illogical, elongated and quantitative teaching. Not only this, they have already ditched the sysmbolised notation furnished by Subbarama Dikshitar in his monumental work, Sangita Sampradaya Pradarshani. In making the matters easier to the students when I have categorised, very clearly defined and also symbolised our Kampitas and Gamakas and furnished with respective audio-files also none of these cheaters dare either to support them or even to criticise them for the benefit of our own kids. Ultimately I do not understand what any of these cheaters, except turning a deaf ear to such embarassing problems, have ever been doing any kind of benefit to any of our kids.

Since last one year I have very successfully been initiating both kids and youth of our twin cities, Hyderabad & Secunderabad in successfully and efficiently singing both mathematical and creative Swarakalpana in the popular six Talas hardly within a month without attending in person and acting only through Whatsapp group while, surprisingly, all other local musicians have become mere spectators.

It may not be out of the context if I write that I, in my keen observation, have also found that Chennai musicians treat all the instrumental musicians also on par with the vocal musicians only but do not think to make videos particularly focussing on the different and very rare finger techniques of the instrumental-wizards and preserve them for the benefit of the next generations. In this process our Karnataka music field already lost unfathomable wealth of very rare instrumental techniques for ever by our pitiable, negligent and ignorant musicians.

To tell the very bitter truth, even though I have been helping many of our music students in many ways, very sadly, most of these cheaters still prefer to continue their harmful methods only.

Since a very long time I have been used to bring out many such bitter facts to the notice of the public but, to my utter surprise, even the public is also used to turn a deaf ear towards such crucial problems of our own kids in learning this art and God only must save them !!!

Finally I am very very fortunate for being chosen by the Almighty to bring out the following contributions
to our music for which I ever remain grateful to HIM:

01. 3 Original books on Talaprastara, the rarest and unearthed topic of music.

02. 3 Books with notations and along with CD.

03. 1 Book on segmented Ragalapanas, Swarakalpanas and Pallavis and along with CD

04. 1 Book on the first ever 'time-bound & result-oriented' system of music-learning and along with CD

05. Jati-alankaras along with CD

06. Special Rhythmical exercises along with CD

07. Categorised and symbolised Kampitas & Gamakas along with CD

08. 1200 videos uploaded to YouTube

09. Electronic-automatic-tambura-cum-shruti-box of 3-octaves along with many additional notes brought out around 1984.

Next month I am going to enter into 83rd year. Started in 1961 as Lecturer in Violin, started accompanying my Guru late Nedunuri' Krishna Murthy from 1965, stopped accompanying him from 1981, given up accompanying ladies and got promotion as Principal in 1984, accompanied only one Vidwan late Puranam Purushottama Shastry from 1991, safely retired in 1996, fully gave up artistic life and went through the God blessed introspection in 2001 and been unrelentingly serving the cause of music till date. Hereafter my body may not allow me to work that vigorously. amsharma

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

For years, we are accustomed to hearing the deplorable name-calling, i.e. “music-cheaters”, “cheaters”, “cheaters” … …

And also comments like “all our musicians, without any exception, … being very highly egoistic and selfish”.

But this one is new !
msakella wrote: 27 May 2020, 14:11
... the highly egoistic and selfish Tamilians ...

msakella

Post by msakella »

In general, I don’t like to respond to anonymous posts. amsharma

nallininarayanan

Post by nallininarayanan »

Dear Sir,
The above link does not seem to contain these files.kindly advice..
thanks
nallininarayanan@gmail.com

msakella

Post by msakella »

In my post No.609 I didn't furnish any link of any file at all. Then, if you give me the details of the file you need I can try to find the link if I have to give you. The same I wrote to your email too, amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

Except in this sub-thread, in general, it is very rare in this forum to find a post which is genuinely meant to help a music aspirant in very quickly and efficiently learning music very independently in a 'time-bound and result-oriented' plan. However, after a long time I have seen such attitude in the post 'Why students discontinue music lessons' under the main thread, 'General Discussions'. But when the discussions are going into different directions but not truly and truthfully helpful to the aspirants I have entered and wrote some posts bringing out the facts of their struggle of these music-aspirants. But, as the egoistic and selfish teachers are not ready to face these facts they stopped to respond as they don't want to spill out their own beans by writing something in their response. I know pretty well that these cheaters and traitors will certainly stop to respond and run away and they all readily did it as expected. None of them can either do it so quickly or efficiently like me or bears with it if others do it. Had any of them could have done so he/she could have already done it long back.

In fact, even in the present 'New educational policy-2020' newly introduced by the Central Government this kind of quick and logical learning plan must be introduced to honestly help the poor aspirants and their parents in abundantly saving their invaluable time, energy and money in the process of learning this classical music. But, as these egoistic and selfish cheaters and traitors who are mostly of performing perspective but very less of teaching perspective are not at all willing or ready to leave the old elongated, illogical and suicidal method of learning music, I know pretty well that each one of them will certainly turn a blind eye or a deaf ear of this logical plan. God alone must save our poor aspirants! amsharma

abithaselvaraj

Post by abithaselvaraj »

Dear Sir,
can you please share the files online or if there is a way to purchase the AMS easy methods online it would be very helpful.
the link shared http://sangeethamshare.org/chandra/AMS- ... thods-2007 seems to not work.

🙏

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear sister-member abithaselvaraj,

Yes, dear. You can get all my five books (both English & Telugu versions) by typing “akella mallikarjuna sharma’ in Amazon. amsharma

abithaselvaraj

Post by abithaselvaraj »

Thank you for the response sir,would be helpful to know if the book includes CD too?

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear sister-member abithaselvaraj, Yes dear, certainly. amsharma

abithaselvaraj

Post by abithaselvaraj »

Sir, I can only see kindle version in US.please let me know how can I avail the benefits of CD with kindle version.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear sister-member abithaselvaraj, In the book of the kindle version, in the 2nd page itself the respective link of the Google-drive along with the Q.R.Code is furnished. From any one of them you can download the contents of the respective DVD. amsharma

abithaselvaraj

Post by abithaselvaraj »

Thank you for the response sir.Thank you making it available online, this would be of such a great help for people like us who are interested to learn.

abithaselvaraj

Post by abithaselvaraj »

hello sir, The link mentioned in Sangita Svararaga Sudha - is not reachable.can you please help on the same.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Hello dear, I have tested and either through the link or the QR code you can certainly get its contents
amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

In continuation to my previous post I would like to write the following.

As I wrote previously, having faithfully followed the footsteps of all other senior music-teachers, I was also one among these cheaters, traitors and rogues for much of my teaching life but the Almighty had chosen me to make some remarkable service to the field of our music for the first time in the history particularly for the benefit of the poor aspirants and their parents.

In this process, when the first introspection occurred in my life for the first time in 2001 and my inefficiency in starting even the basic Alankaras to the poor innocent students with the suicidal DHRUVA-TALA came into light. Any efficient and honest music-teacher would have considered to start with the easiest EKA-TALA. But by very blindly following all other senior music-teachers me too have started to very heavily tax the poor and innocent students with the most confusing DHURUVA-TALA in which except Mutthuswamy Dikshitar no other composer had ever dared to compose even a single composition. This obviously reveals my gross inefficiency in teaching and then what is wrong in calling me a cheater or traitor or even a rogue I do not understand!!! Thus, my first blunder came into light and this paved way to follow a very strict logical method in minimising the four implications of these Alankaras, 1.Rhythm 2.Tala 3.Note's syllable and 4.Note's sound to only two implications, 1.Rhythm and 2.Jati and in bringing out the JATI-ALANKARAS for the first time in the history and starting all the Alankaras along with JATI only and also starting with EKA-TALA-JATI-ALANKARA only. BLater, for the benefit of the students, I have also modified both the Alankaras in Jhampa & Ata-talas fully with short-notes.

Later I have started to look into myself in this respect and found a number of illogicalties in my teaching which very badly affected almost all the students. Among them a very few important general blunders are listed hereunder.

2.On the very first day of the lesson to the student I was used to sing all the eight notes s-r-g-m-p-d-n-s and made the student follow me in singing them all even when only two notes, sa & pa only are audible from the Shruti-box but not any other remaining notes. To avoid this illogicality when I made the student mainly rely upon the keyboard and always sing along with it while playing all the eight notes this helped a lot in so many ways to the poor and innocent student. It is always desirable to rely upon a machine than a human in respect of both the rhythm and note and Hindusthani-musicians are always far more sensitive than our Karnataka-musicians as they rely upon the harmoniam-machine from the first day of their music lesson in respect of pure-note.

3.In this process I have found that the present method of teaching our music has been very highly illogical through which the instinctive abilities of the aspirant have wantonly been eclipsed making him perennially dependent upon the music-cheater wasting his/her invaluable time, energy and money. While absolutely making the music-learning very strictly logical and quick I have made some modifications in this system mainly making it very strictly 'time-bound and result-oriented' in getting successful end-result of the aspirant.

Since 2001 I have been on the extensive research on these easy methods in learning our music and been bringing out all the details through all these posts in this sub-thread. But, these music-cheaters have all along been turning a blind-eye or a deaf ear in this respect lest their own beans will be spilled out if they come out open for any dialogue or discussion.

In tailoring the teacher must initiate the student to learn how to take the physical measurements of the body, how to cut the cloth without making any waste and how to stitch the cloth. But, in general, to keep his/her student perennially under his/her own control, the teacher teaches his/her student only how to stitch the cloth but not the other important techniques. In the same manner, even in learning music, the student must become able to manage with both the intricacies of rhythm and note. But, very sadly, the very highly egoistic and selfish music-performers under the guise of sacred Gurus (music-teachers) have brought out a highly illogical system of learning several music items and compositions even without any grammar merely by following the teacher in singing perennially depending upon the teacher for a number of years.

Just to wantonly avoid this perennial dependency of the poor and innocent student when I have made him/her mainly rely upon the machine, keyboard for both the rhythm and note most surprisingly the progress became very quick and very efficient in making it very strictly 'time-bound and result-oriented' for the sole benefit of the poor and innocent students and parents for the first time in the history.

4.At the same time to make the matters of the intricacies of both rhythm and note easier and followable to the poor student I have categorised and symbolised both of them keeping the present need of the poor student in view for the first time in the history and furnished in my books.

5.In general, very sadly, no music-cheater prefers either to give the detailed or symbolised notation along with a pre-recorded CD/DVD to any of the compositions to be learnt by the students. To truly and truthfully help the poor student I have published five music-books along with general, detailed and symbolised notation along with the pre-recorded CD/DVD for the first time in the history.

6.The efficient and honest teacher, without taxing the student, initiates him/her learn the most important items or compositions as quickly as possible. In this process, right from the first day of the music-lesson, the student is properly initiated to learn 8-Saralasvaras, 3-Jantasvaras, 3-Datusvaras, 7-Alankaras, 5-Gitas, 1-Svarapllavi, 9-Select Varnas & Svarajati in Bhairavi mostly relying upon the keyboard, metronome, notated compositions and respective audio & video files. In the meantime he/she is also initiated to sing both creative and mathematical Svarakalpana in all the six popular Talas even before learning the first Kriti on his/her own hardly within the first-year of learning.

Lastly I hope that the knowledgeable and honest members of this forum become aware of the above facts and try to work accordingly in truly helping our poor and young aspirants in this respect. amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

Some helpful observations-1:

Being a very successful follower of Violin Wizard M.S.Gopalakrishnan and a senior disciple of Sangitakalanidhi Nedunuri' Krishnamurthy and having vast experiences of both performing and teaching, today, having entered into my 83rd year of age, I don't hesitate to declare that the music-teacher who very ably, honestly and efficiently initiates the aspirant more than 95% is the true teacher and all others who do not or cannot do so I don't hesitate to call them cheaters, no doubt. Till now I did never find such a true music-teacher.
Very sadly, even in most of the music-institutions and music-departments of most of the Universities around the globe all these so called teachers are wasting the invaluable time, energy and money of the poor aspirants in the monotonous old process of teaching music. All know what these Professors are teaching but they don't know what these Professors are not teaching!

Most of the egoistic and selfish musicians have wantonly created an illusion that music must be learnt face to face from the teacher. All my extensive experiments, beyond any doubt, prove that, except instrumentalists, vocal students need not even see the face of the teacher while learning music but rely upon the audios or videos of the teacher. Moreover, in many cases, it has been proved that, to escape from the bad mannerisms or qualities or habits of the teacher, it is always desirable to the aspirant to rely upon his own instinctive abilities only than the teacher to move further and further very quickly and efficiently.

In my extensive experiments on this 'time-bound & result-oriented' learning-methods (not cheating methods) in music I, basing upon the very favourable end-results, have very successfully formulated different level-based exercises in Swarakalpana leading to level-based Ragalapana and level-based Pallavi-singing. Since last one year nearly 30 to 40 candidates have been initiated in singing Swarakalpana hardly within 30 days. As all these methods are more effective in respect of youngsters, interested and hard-working youngsters can contact my WhatsApp telephone-number 9908822992 giving their name, age and qualifications in music for getting the respective details. Only basing upon some rhythmical and musical tests their candidature will be confirmed for getting this training. amsharma