Swaeroes of adavimallela excelling in music with AMS EASY METHODS.

To teach and learn Indian classical music
pmantra

Swaeroes of adavimallela excelling in music with AMS EASY METHODS.

Post by pmantra »

Namaskars to all forumities.
Let' s not teach the kids what to think, rather teach HOW TO THINK.
This is what exactly mean by AMS EASY METHODS in carnatic music framed by sadguru sri. Akella Mallikarjuna Sharma garu , a well known voilinist. Undoubtedly he deserves to be called saandeepa, the guru of lord srikrishna.
Like others, I too was thinking how is it possible with ams easy methods that little aspirants of carnatic music learn quickly with quality.
It was out of blues that, I got a chance of introducing his music to SWREIS students in summer music camp scheduled for 15 days. On experimental basis, guruji trained music teachers as well as 10 amazing swaeroes who could do wonders and could sing swara kalpana in roopaka tala, exercising all 3,5,7 in chaturasram , 4,5,7 in trisram, jati alankars in chaturasra and trisra gathies and singing alankars in 1,2,3,4,6,8.per second. Aah!! It was amazing to see them budding. Here is tge earlier thread consisting all those end results of summer music camp.
http://rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php? ... 76#p283076
On the other hand, sri AMS garu encouraged me to teach such in my institution too with this method and amazingly my adavimallela school guys who are from remote villages and with no background of music and atmosphere could gain lots more.
These girls belong to down trodden society whose parents are agricultural labours, rickshaw pullers, mechanics etc.
No doubt that these unpolished gems are blooming under the shine of AMS METHODS 2007 and are blessed to have his courtesy along with his music instruments required for them.Sri. Ams garu took it as social responsibility to provide and fecilitate them with casios and metronomes which plays a vital role in this system. No words to thank his highness.
Coming to the point, I started phase 1selections on 15 june and by 22 june could make 7 swaeroes to sing 3,5,7 in chaturasram and 4,5,7 in trisram. I did nt open my mouth to sing any but by the end of this day 7 could sing and play swaralankaras 4 per second, 7 could do till jati alankars in chaturasram and trisram 8 could do jati endings in roopakam, 3 could do jati endings in khanda chapu and two could do in misrachapu.
Its really amazing to see them grow day by day with two hrs of practice and weekly twice new class.

Dr. Prasanna
Music Teacher
Adavimallela
Khammam dist
Telangana
Last edited by pmantra on 01 Aug 2015, 08:04, edited 6 times in total.

pmantra

Re: Swaeroes of adavimallela excelling in music with AMS EASY METHODS.

Post by pmantra »

I will b soon pasting the urls of their renderings. Because I wanna show the proof that this noble system is wonderful and much productive.
Its a great pleasure to know that sri. Ams garu is going to give a lec demo at bengaluru on 8 th aug.
I request all the parents and music teachers to be present and know how this works.

Dr. Prasanna

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

https://youtu.be/XefWajPIDPQ
K.sireesha of 6 th class rendering 3,5,7 in chaturasram

https://youtu.be/1dGCs3dvIRc
G. Sangeetha of class 8 th rendering 3,5,7 in chaturasram
https://youtu.be/NFcj9fXUwlw
P. Prashanthi of class 7 th rendering 3,5,7 in chaturasram

https://youtu.be/BtMXXpMx3QI
P. Prashanthi of class 7 th rendering 4,5,7 in trisram

https://youtu.be/2Np9GbUf1Sg
P. Prashanthi of class 7 rendering jati alankars in chaturasram and trisram.

https://youtu.be/bwiEb4IGqFg
Sania, rechana & jayasree rendering jaties ending in tala cycle of roopakam.

https://youtu.be/L9RWjptkYkA
Sania, rechana, prashanthi and jayasree rendering jaties of 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 in chatusram and trisram.

https://youtu.be/tgLUFaEcZG4
Sania 9 th class rechana 6 th class & jayasree of 8 th class rendering jaties endingin tala cycle of khanda chapu.

https://youtu.be/6bfZy60ySSo
Sania 9 th class & jayasree of 8 th class rendering jaties endingin tala cycle of misrachapu

https://youtu.be/HZBf_nvoDfM
Sania 9 th class & jayasree of 8 th class rendering jaties ending intala cycle of misrachapu.

All these were done while I sat zipped lips and in a span of these 45 days. I only guided them once in a bluemoon .

These girls set themselves balancing all these mentally using their logical thinking by themselves.
No doubt that these girls rock in 12 to 18 months and can sing extemporial swaram and ragam with the help of AMS EASY METHODS.

* Note* This institution is not any high fi convent.
Its a TELANGANA SOCIAL WELFARE RESIDENTIAL SCHOOL specially meant to uplift DOWN TRODDEN DROP OUTS with nil facilities for music learning.
Dr. Prasanna

msakella

Post by msakella »

Where there is a will there is a way. Any society mostly needs committed music-teachers like you than the parasitical performers. amsharma

vvssaraswathi

Post by vvssaraswathi »

Dear Dr Prasanna

It is amazing to see small kids singing Jatis in Chaturasram and Trisram, in such short span of time. Hats off to committed teachers like you.
While we can never imagine that such type of children can enter into music, it is very happy to see the progress.

Wish you all the best

Saraswathi

msakella

Post by msakella »

Though not to get a Doctorate I had to struggle for 40 years in respect of Talaprastara to dig it out fully and give them to the aspirant. Only by the grace of the Almighty I could succeed. Even the God alone knows my struggle but not any other musician.

In the same manner, again to find a way out to the aspirants learning our music for years, I have been struggling since last more than 30 years. Again the same Almighty only made me known many heartrending and intriguing details in this respect and blessed me with a tremendous learning system of our music which no musician would ever have dreamt.

To tell the fact, in which way the vital secrets of Talaprastara have all along been kept in dark by our musicians, even in respect of our music, all the doors leading to our music also have wantonly been closed and any person cannot understand the needed intricacies of the grammar unless he/she struggles for 10 or 15 or even more years in learning a number of different items only in the illogical process of learning. When, by the grace of the Almighty, I could find it and just arranged the same items to learn them in a logical manner the process has become dead easy to learn the needed grammar of music very quickly and efficiently even to the kids of down trodden people of our society.

Cooking must be learnt by the aspirant himself/herself by making the process of cooking on his/her own independently. In the same manner, even driving of a motor-cycle must be learnt by the aspirant himself/herself by driving the machine on his/her own independently. In the same manner when Dr.Prasanna, without singing even Sa or Pa, properly initiated these kids in doing things on their own they are able to do miracles. Maestros and legends cannot understand this but committed music-teachers. All these details are going to exhibited at Bengaluru on the forthcoming 8th August. amsharma.

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

Moderator:
You may consider shifting these posts to:
"AMS Easy Methods 2007 CD - Teaching and Learning Methods" under "MUSIC SCHOOL".

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Pranams to all.
Every research with scientific and logical approach paves the path to success. In other words Knowledge finds the path and wisdom enlights it.
I wonder myself experimenting with ams easy method's job of giving a qualitative end results in a short span of time.
If that is not true this musically novice kid of my institution might have not transformed herself into genius in just 12 hours. I, not willing to leave any gem unturned, was hunting the talents continuosly , found this kid rendering all the 3,5,7 job in just an hour of session. She could give the recording by the end of the day.
The girl's name is K. Meghana of class 7 th.
I wondered while recording her session. She was counting the repetations with her cute little finger tips as she does not know what is tala or avartha. All that she could do is balancing mentally. Today she has done 4,5 in trisram too which is tooo high for a second day music learner. I will be soon uploading that video too.
I felt so happy for her.
There is no need of mirror to look how beautiful your bracelet looks on your brace.
Hats off to ams easy learning skills.
Here is the link of her rendering.
https://youtu.be/0EHnUNqObBw

Dr. Prasanna

msakella

Post by msakella »

Exceedingly well. Hats off, dear Chi. Sow. Prasanna. You have achieved a very rare quality of an efficient, reliable and honest teacher. While many are running away after dollars eagerly and some others are ready to create one kind of obstruction or the other impatiently, you do your duty sincerely in the same manner and strive hard to enlighten our kids even though you are kicked off by our own people mercilessly. Merit is the last thing to get recognition in this country. However, we should not work for getting any kind of recognition. Keep it up. I sincerely wish you all the best. amsharma

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Pranams guruvugaru sri. Ams garu.
I ever stick on to these principles coz by the time I got to know the world, I was blessed with two best teachers. Looking your life style and late. Sri. Kari kurmanadh garu' s preachings I could learn to get dedicated for my deeds here without looking for any recognitions. Though my dept.gave best teacher award four times and district 1 time, i never counted on them.
All the teachers say I am going down to the students's level and teaching. But I do differently. I try to Make them raise beyond me. I will Be the fecilitator and let them learn HOW TO THINK instead of WHAT TO THINK.I Do my best, don’t fall back on excuses. I take complete responsibility for what I am doing. I Iive every second to the fullest and have no regrets.
Thats why I am now able to adopt this new teaching technique blessed by you and giving fruitful result. I will never stop for any reason or season
Dr. Prasanna

vvssaraswathi

Post by vvssaraswathi »

Hats off to you dear Dr Prasanna. Anything below this statement is very less for all the service you are doing for Children.
May God bless you with all necessary health and support.

Keep up your good work.

Saraswathi

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Pranams to all
What else you need to say after watching the second day's renderings of swaero ( social welfare aero) meghana of class 7 th. Watch it here.
https://youtu.be/_PY1JSTxBIE
Yesterday she was behind me, hesitating even to go for food. The reason is she enjoyed her brain working on combinatorics. In the first hour she rendered 4,5,7 in trisram and asked me for a new lesson. I just gave her jati muktayies handout and sang twice. ( I have no video player at the institution and forced to do so.) She went to the dining hall with the metronome after lunch and came back to me by evenin six saying " ma'm are you free to record mine. I have no option to say no. Started recording. She looked bit tired and low by energy but still she had a zeal to crack it. Started jati alankaras in chaturasram and trisram directly. It was me to make a biggg wowww in mind coz I did nt ask her for trisram. Only thing I was expecting was jati alankaras of first group in chaturasram. She is exceeding beyond my expectation. Rendered till jhampe tala and after that she was sooo tired. I forced her to take rest. Coz I never set time limit for them. I feel they should be at ease and pleasured to do any activuty. So I closed my mobile. Aah. I am blessed at both ends. best guruji and disciples.

On the other hand seniors are rendering symbolised muktayies All this progress is in just 48 days.
https://youtu.be/Va0QrlL8TMA
Dr. Prasanna

msakella

Post by msakella »

Excellent dear. Unlike many other teachers you are efficiently and honestly doing your job and getting amazing results helping a lot to the down trodden people in the remote areas. But, very few people only come out properly recognizing and supporting your efforts while some ‘honourable-noble-man’ are ready to obstruct you in one way or the other. Nowadays it is very difficult to get support even if you do things efficiently and honestly. If you keep quiet or do harmful things everybody feels happy and praise you as, nowadays, most of the people are becoming highly selfish and harmful to the society in one way or the other while nobody is daring to question them. Only by being truthfully critical and controversial any person can help the society in a well disciplined manner. But if he/she stops by the fools opposition he/she cannot do anything. The very important thing here is even the knowledgeable persons, nowadays, are afraid to come out and support honest persons as selfish and egoistic people are dominating them everywhere. That is why, nowadays, the honest person must become courageous and stubborn and must continue in doing helpful things to the society. Thus, you proceed further and further in doing your things in this manner and I wish all the best in your sincere efforts. amsharma

sastrydevarakonda

Post by sastrydevarakonda »

Excellant madam, the video presentation, Truly the dreams of Sri AMS garu coming true with the sincere efforts of people like you and my congratulations to you, for your efforts to bring up the children.

As the age of the children is very important, and any creative education like this, the children can pick up quickly, if they are taught properly.
If the children are trined like this , soon they develop the ease for music and this also helps in building their self confindence.
Once agin good wishes for your effort.
Sastry

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Thank you sastry garu
I wish this newer tribe to flourish passing the same quality to the next generations.
Dr. Prasanna

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Namaskars to all the forumities.
My music class, actually is a learning session for me too as each and every selected swaero is unique and different from each other. Its my duty to serve them the required , to the extent of their hunger.
K. Nageshwari of class 6 th was initially having deficit in laya but not in her interest. I though she would fail to get through chaturasram itself and pack up. But her WILL is strong enough and she is practicibg with both hands and now she is into layam actually she got the instinctive with a short deficit. Two hand practice strengthened. This video is taken a few days back but by now she cracked 3,5,7 chaturasram and 4,5 in trisram. She will be doing misram in a day or two. I will wait for that. This progress is possible with only with ams easy learnings skills. Else she might have sung like many singers who does not have proper laya. Watch her here
https://youtu.be/cGi1YCZvJM0

On the other hand without knowing any kriti or keertana , these girls are rendering muktayies in roopakam. This time it is jaties. As soon as they pick up notes, they can render muktayies and can create their iwn swara too. All the thing I do is letting them know themselves with zipped mouth ang guide if they are wrong continuosly for 4 or 5 times.

https://youtu.be/S0UpePlqTfs
https://youtu.be/05JVPoP2g8k

https://youtu.be/RnRCuC_lRng

Dr. Prasanna.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Chi. Sow. Prasanna dear, Marvelous, fantastic…what not? You are not only doing for the true and truthful propagation of our Karnataka music but also for the betterment of the down trodden people which has never been done previously by any of our musicians. How many Sangitakalanidhis or Sangitakalacharyas or Sangitasamrats or maestros or legends or experts are doing this? Practically none. They all are running after the honours or titles or foreign tours or dollars. While all are aware what they all have been doing I very well know what they all have not been doing. This is the real service to our people and our music and our mother-land. Only a very few may see these posts and praise you. Nowadays very rarely and very lately the merit will be recognized. This is but natural. But, knowledgeable, honest and sincerely people always strive hard to do noble things like you. I am extremely happy about your achievements. Proceed further and further and continue to do this always. I wish you all the best. amsharma

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Pranams guruvugaru
Here are the family backgrounds of music aspirants of my institution
Ch.sania lakshmi prasann's father sri pullarao who is a farmer wants his daughters to be attached only to studies but where as the girl did nt accept and joined music too. She isnow scring 85% in her studies. Mathomusic increased her concentration.
S. Rechana of class 6 th is a girl of short memory. Her father krishna is an auto driver.
K. Jayasree, of class 8 th was not this good initially. She took time to settle down while her father jagannadham, agricultural labour felt proud when she played and sang along with casio flawless.
P. Prashanthi of class 7 th whose father is a fisherman saw his daughter with wide opened mouth for her renderings.
K. Sireesha of class 6 th is born to a daily labour guy
Veeraiah took time to leap gaintly.
G. Sangeetha daughter of Sri. Ravi is troubling to keep her up coz she is grown up and burdained with her academics.
Its astonishing to see an agriculture labour rambabu's daughter B. Meghana of class 6 th shooted up high rendering chaturasram 3,5,7, tisram 4,5,7 and jati alankaras chaturasram and trisram in just 2 days. She is now on casio completing jantas and into saralies.
K. Nageshwari of class 6 th , adighter of krishna moulded her will power to overcome her instinctive laya deficite practicing with two hanss is now on to casio after hitting trisram too.
Will be posting a few more detailes later.
Dr. Prasanna.

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Girls could know how to imply swara to the jaties and they tried different combinations of notes in mohana. I made them to choose the best easier one so that everyone can understand how easy is it to think creative with these layam exercises. Aspirants with less gatra dharma may improve in future but if they go lessened by layam, they cannot do anything good.

Here is the rendition of 3,5,7 jaties in chaturasra gati https://youtu.be/Vkyj1NRcRWs

vvssaraswathi

Post by vvssaraswathi »

Dear Dr Prasanna

Only this we can say is it is marvelous , fantastic, what else can we say? Hats off to you and your efforts.
Normal kid learning music with all possible comforts and money is completely different from the kind of music these small down traded children are learning.

May God bless you and your Children Dr Prasanna

Regards
Saraswathi

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

namaskars to all
Every kid has his or her own hidden talent. Its very much amazing for me to tap the talent and kindle with Care n love
This girl k. Jayasree with a zero voice culture in the begining could gain to this extent in just two and half months. She is now practicing vocals but she can do all the jaties and muktayees in adi, roopaka, khanda chapu and misra chapu too. I would like to tell to all the music teachers to follow ams easy learning skills and make the aspirants to stand on their own so that they can have their own creative identity. This system evolves more manodharmam in kids.
https://youtu.be/CUsi7qv_Rn0

Dr. Prasanna

msakella

Post by msakella »

Excellent dear. I have come across thousands of music-teachers in my life. I was also brought up like them and taught others in the same suicidal manner elongating the process for many years and squeezing money from them. By God’s grace, only 5 years after my retirement, I realized my mistakes and from then onwards my true teaching life started. If not I too would have remained like a cheater all my life. Committing mistakes is but natural to each and everybody. But, whoever rectifies himself/herself and truly serves the society efficiently and honestly will only get the full protection from the Almighty. Since a long time I have been observing that all others are suffering a lot in their lives with umpteen physical, mental, financial and various other un-solved problems. The Almighty only had kept me on the right track and saved me in umpteen ways without any kind of problems.

Even though many wish to take our music to the masses none of them know how to do it. In making the kids learn our music the teacher should not sing more than 1% but should find ways to make them work for more than 99%. By this only they work on their own and also learn on their own very fast just like in cooking and motor-cycle-driving.

You are one among the very few people who truly understood this novel method of learning our music and striving hard to educate the masses. I feel very happy of this. Keep it up. amsharma

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Namaskars.
Happy enough to share my students' excelling in music with ams easy methods. Its like a musical laboratory. My experiment with this learning method resulted to the pinnacle state that 7 of 19 students plunged into varna level completing geetas . Exercising with combinatorics of 12 notes could give them this strength. In just 75 days, they are creating their own swara i.e. swarakalplana in aadi, roopaka, misrachapu and khanda chapu.
https://youtu.be/90cv6ZmYntQ
https://youtu.be/3QeYJZgypHE
These government residential school kids from the down trodden families will definately creat a history in the world of music. When I tried telling to their parents about the girls' talent, they were not in a position to understand WHAT IS MUSIC. Is nt it the REAL MASS achieving?. No music , no atmosphere, no proper learning aids!!. Still these kids are hitting it with the minimal provisions by nobleman.
I bow from the bottom of my heart to the aapanna hastam without which these kids might have been at a great loss.
Dr.prasanna

msakella

Post by msakella »

The main and predominant illogicality of the traditional system of teaching our music is the perennial dependency of the poor aspirant upon the so called ‘Guru’ for many years right from the first day of learning.

Only by the grace of the Almighty when I have very properly and efficiently planned and made the aspirant rely mostly upon the more precise machine, the keyboard having the facilities of metronome and transpose miraculously and amazingly the aspirant has become able to work independently for many hours and run very fast learning even intricate rhythmical patterns including Swarakalpana and Ragalapana within the span of hardly one year unbelievably to many of the so called professional teachers who have become tight-lipped on the amazing results.

And when I have logically minimized the items like Saralees, Jantas, Datus, Gitas, Swarapallavis, Swarajatis and even Varnas and furnished certain notated, audio and video-files to the aspirant the process of learning has become dead easy and very fast for the benefit of the aspirants and their parents amazingly saving their invaluable time, energy and money.

The father, who helps to make his son dependent upon others by taking him to his school and bringing him back home daily, is more harmful than the enemy who instantly kills him on the spot. In the same manner it was proved that even the music-teacher, who helps to keep the aspirant perennially dependent upon the teacher by obstructing him to write the music-lesson or Swarakalpana or Ragalapana in notation, is more harmful than the enemy who instantly kills him on the spot.

Right from the first day of the music-lesson by properly initiating the aspirant work and simultaneously learn the details of our music very quickly, efficiently and independently with the help of the notated, audio and video-files the aspirant is becoming able to sing even Swarakalpana and Ragalapana hardly within the span of one year.

As you are honestly and sincerely trying to educate your kids in our music you only could understand this system properly and follow it initiating your kids for more than 99% but without singing yourself even for one-minute in any of the classes. Keep it up. amsharma

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Namaskars
I have quotable text here.

(This is reportedly based on an actual experiment conducted in the U.K.)

Put eight monkeys in a room. In the middle of the room is a ladder, leading to a bunch of bananas hanging from a hook on the ceiling.

Each time a monkey tries to climb the ladder, all the monkeys are sprayed with ice water, which makes them miserable. Soon enough, whenever a monkey attempts to climb the ladder, all of the other monkeys, not wanting to be sprayed, set upon him and beat him up. Soon, none of the eight monkeys ever attempts to climb the ladder.

One of the original monkeys is then removed, and a new monkey is put in the room. Seeing the bananas and the ladder, he wonders why none of the other monkeys are doing the obvious. But undaunted, he immediately begins to climb the ladder.

All the other monkeys fall upon him and beat him silly. He has no idea why.

However, he no longer attempts to climb the ladder.

A second original monkey is removed and replaced. The newcomer again attempts to climb the ladder, but all the other monkeys hammer the crap out of him.

This includes the previous new monkey, who, grateful that he’s not on the receiving end this time, participates in the beating because all the other monkeys are doing it. However, he has no idea why he’s attacking the new monkey.

One by one, all the original monkeys are replaced. Eight new monkeys are now in the room. None of them have ever been sprayed by ice water. None of them attempt to climb the ladder. All of them will enthusiastically beat up any new monkey who tries, without having any idea why.

And that is how illogical traditions, customs and systems get established and followed ( all traditions, customs may not be illogical)

This very much suits our so called music teaching methods.
Many say that music learning depends solely on GURU and they should keep learning years together.
Let me share my experience as a teacher now.
Fortunately( I take it granted) I underwent a surgery for my haunting difficulty in my voice in the month of january 2015. I was not supposed to open my voice for 3 months. Till april 2015, i was dumb and expertised is dumbcharads too. From that time I am paralysed in singing. Prayed god for my voice to teach the students. But he has shown another path which is actually helping me more than earlier. That is my dept, under the able guidance of sri. Ms Akella garu conducted a training to music teachers for better best practices to teach music to these down trodden, unpolished gems of the crust. I took it as an experiment in my institute which is a remote village. Students neither inherited nor exposed to music atmosphere till my entry into the school with renewed teaching skill. I started selecting and grading done by 30th june. Could find 15 swaeroes initially and thereafter another 5 traced out. These kids are of different abilities in music but all will rock for sure. Of 20 kids 7 are now going to start natakuranji varnam. May be on 25 th sept.
They could achieve this with two hrs of practice. Morning layam exercises from 6 to 7 am , evening vocal with casios from 5 to 6 pm. Hardly i spend time listening to all the 20 students INDIVIDUALLY from 12.45 to 2 pm. (Even while having my lunch).
So, is nt it a great achievement by the swaeroes who are reaching this luthering heights? My voice is more n more dumb for them. Not even opening vocals at all. Infact no need to propagate my inabilities to the students. I.e. I may not sing every time perfect and am afraid if my temporary IMPERFECTIONS affect their learnings. I think, if a music teacher thinks in this way , can guide the students right. I.e. without singing single note if we make the RAW into a civilised GEM, that is the all time ACHIEVEMENT. I am doing the same infact. I was not aware of this all these years. Its true that knowledge finds the path and wisdom lights it.
So my request to the global music teachers is pl come out of the viscious circles and think different to pave the path of success in a logical way. The results will come out of blues in abundance.
Dr. Prasanna

msakella

Post by msakella »

Since many centuries, unfortunately, music is taught by self-singing by the teacher and by imitation by the aspirant. Every music-teacher thinks that this is the only way to teach or learn music. There are some musicians, who train their kith and kin in the above manner for many hours and years. Not only by having the same genes of music in their blood but also being in a music dominated environment along with a constant exposure to music some kids may, by their inherent talent, become able to recognize some Ragas and also sing the compositions in those Ragas. In the same manner some teachers are used to keep their students for hours together along with them and make them listen to music or sing all along and claim themselves as great teachers receiving awards and rewards. Till now, very few people who can very lavishly spend their time, energy and money in learning music could only succeed and many others of them are compelled to settle as music-teachers only though unsuccessful. Thus, all these music-teachers have always been used to sing themselves and make the aspirant also sing along with them but successfully fail in initiating the masses making them work for 99% in a time-bound and result-oriented process like you.

While all the failures in my teaching life lead to a very serious research in this respect I, ultimately, have found that the present method of teaching, actually, is not for teaching but for cheating and that it is a simultaneous process of working and learning, side by side, by the aspirant himself/herself basing upon his/her inherent talents. Thus, ultimately, the Almighty very kindly blessed me with this novel method of learning our music and by scrupulously following this plan many of our kids are becoming able to sing even Swarakalpana and Ragalapana within the span of hardly one year even before learning Kritis. Fortunately, you have properly understood this novel method and been able to successfully follow and produce talented kids even from the masses who have neither the family background nor the needed environment. amsharma

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

namaskars
Once again proved that ams learning methods are too fruitful. Other systems may give 10-30% success but here we will be getting 90%. Another pretty little swaero from adavimallela just caught the concept of rhythm in just an hr and has done rhythm exercises for the first time in FIRST ATTEMPT WITH METRONOME. She is so amazing that she could do 3,5,7 in chaturasram and 4,5,7 in trisram in couple of hours and did jati alankaras in chaturasram just looking into the book. She is not having any music background and environment in her locality. Her mom and papa are agri labours. Who are novice to the word music. Here is her video. https://youtu.be/OgqtqKJ1gsc
Dr. Prasanna

vvssaraswathi

Post by vvssaraswathi »

Very nice Dr Prasanna. Whatever you are doing is a true service !!! Wishing all children all the best !

Saraswathi

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Thank you very much for your kind support
U are one amongst them who really works worth with actions rather than words. Else my swaeroes might have not got this opportunity to learn. Without ibstruments I could have done nothing and this talent of little ones might have been poured into ganges. Thank you for donating a casio to me to teach these down trodden real gems.
I should tell about my school. Its a remote place where power rarely is available. No one bother about music. No officer bothers about the instruments. No funds for music at all. With the grace of almighty I got the blessings from sri. ms akella garu in the form of instruments. And now add on is your kindness. My kids will prove tge world how best are ams learning techniques. They are the real ones to prove this because they and their parents are novice to the word music. Neither inheritence nor atmosphere. Still these kids have instinctive laya. Only job of mine is to guide them to be trained themselves. I will be uploading a few more videos of these wonder kids soon.
Thank you

msakella

Post by msakella »

Chi. Sow. Prasanna dear,

Gone through the video of your kid and felt extremely happy for your honest and efficient efforts in serving our people.

Yes, as you rightly wrote, nowadays, there are thousands of people around us either to very efficiently turn a deaf ear even towards your honest and truthful activities in truly serving our people or to disturb you in one or the other or even to discourage you in one way or the other but very few honest people who may very rarely respond positively or keep quiet. In this task, as we are getting very amazing and encouraging results, it is always desirable to proceed further and further in our aim with firm determination without minding any accolades or brickbats.

You are doing your job very efficiently unlike any other music-teacher on the earth. Do it confidently and proceed further and further and the Almighty, like in my case, will certainly give you the needed support like in the way of these Casio-machines. By such support only I was able to upload nearly 1000 videos to youtube and bring out six music-books each one along with audio CDs which are helping the aspirants all over the globe. Wishing you all the best, amsharma

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

Moderator:
You may consider shifting these posts to:
"AMS Easy Methods 2007 CD - Teaching and Learning Methods" under "MUSIC SCHOOL".

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Art is not limited to any caste, creed, community, region, country or any territory. This is what I want to show up with my very special little swaeroes. SWAERO is abbrevated as social welfare aeroes. I.e. heroes of social welfare whose aim is to reach infinity and beyond. We are proud of poorna, the youngest girl from down trodden section to scale mount everest recently. She even addressed in UNO With that spirit, I took it as inspiration to make my girls on to the top of the highest peak of music and remain there steadily. Sri msakella garu paved this path of success in my school.
Let me tell you the facts which are not unfirled till now. Run by social welfare dept, tswreis hyderabad, my school is in khammam dist of telangana situated in a remote area , no proper atmosphere to learn music, no instruments( till sri. Msakella garu and vv saraswathi garu donated a minimum number) power on and offs, no audio visual equipments, hardly one period a week, and that too liberally captured by some other subject teacher to complete her syllubas etc.
Caring a pin for the above hurdles, me and my little girls striving hard to keep up our carnatic music for the next gen. Here every girl feels pleasured. Higly talented girls strengthen themselves with just a mere practice of 3.30 hrs of practice in turns.(hardly 30 mins per girl) These girls are now into different levels from basic rhythm exercises to varnas state.
Note: They dont start their session without metronome. This could happen only in a couple of months. (Started on july 1st 2015) just witness the accuracy of the girls in the below videos wherein they could do kalpana swara in roopakam, (already uploaded) khanda chapu and misra chapu(already uploaded)
My intension is that these girls should be icons for the above sentence TALENT IS NOT RESTRICTED TO ANY CASTE, CREED, ..... Thats why I write all here seperately.
Watch them here.
https://youtu.be/OgqtqKJ1gsc ( baby harshini on first day) watch her rendering jati alankaras @1,2,3,4 per second in just 3 days. Second girl in the group).
https://youtu.be/AOIOda2sQ4E
https://youtu.be/Eh5QXSV8ywY
https://youtu.be/Rsvl22EyzW0
Through out these learnings I just keep zipped mouth and never attempt to utter anything except guide their self learning through audio video files of ams easy methods. I use my personal computer to fecilitate their learning. No official provision of instruments and equipments.
Dr. Prasanna

msakella

Post by msakella »

Honest tailor-teacher properly initiates the aspirant (a) in getting the physical-measurements of the person, (b) in properly cutting the cloth without any waste and (c) in properly stitching the cloth. But a deceitful teacher-tailor teaches only the 3rd item always keeping the aspirant dependant upon the teacher.

In the same manner, even in our music, a suicidal tradition has long ago been formulated by these music-teachers in which they themselves go on singing several items for many years and ask the aspirants also sing along with them by which their imitative abilities only are increasing without much of the grammar of music. By all this the aspirant is compelled to remain dependant upon the teacher for many years to come in learning the needed grammar of music . Thus, while the honest teacher, without singing himself/herself, properly initiates the aspirant making him/her work and learn on his/her own a deceitful teacher makes him/her dependant upon the teacher for many years. Even if I am always ready to prove this at any time, very sadly, none of these music-teachers properly responds either to agree with this or to properly help the aspirants in quickening the process but, in the meantime, each and every Tom & Dick prefers to interfere unnecessarily.

Taking all these very crucial points into very serious consideration this novel method of learning has recently been formulated in which the rhythmical abilities of the aspirants are properly stabilized paving way in making the aspirant work on his/her own and learn the knowledge of singing and writing the notation of the items or Kalpanaswaras or Ragalapana very quickly and efficiently hardly within the span of only one year. In this process the teacher acts merely as a guide without singing for more than 1% but initiates the aspirant sings for more than 99%.

Very strictly following the above process Dr. Prasanna, the teacher at Adavimallela, even without opening her mouth to sing, has very ably been initiating the kids in getting their rhythmical abilities stabilised properly paving way to proceed further and further very quickly and efficiently. As these masses cannot afford to waste their invaluable time or energy or money like many others in learning this art this system only is helping them in fulfilling their task very quickly and efficiently. amsharma

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

I wonder if this thread is moved!!

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Namaskars to one and all.
after a big pause , am back to share my experiences with my amazing besties of adavimallela. These swaeroes who began learning music by themselves under my strict guidance, could crack and plunge into 3rd varna. (singing every varna 4,6,8 notes per beat) despite of my absence for nearly 4 to 5 months. I was forced by the situation to be away from them due to my ill health.
I need to share a few more things here. My swaeroes who are one year old in music, took a pledge of never giving up and proved that they can play the role of a logical teacher by conducting battery test themselves for the new joiners i.e. new students of the academic year 2016.
My swaeroes chi. rechana, chi. prashanthi, chi. bhargavi, chi. harshini, chi. chaitanya and chi. Deepthi never took it as a chance to skip music in my absence. Sounds gewat!!! Its a real blessing to a teacher to have such students. They took it as their responsibility to propagate their technique to the new ones who are talented. and new batch began with 25 kids of class V. Some of them are so amazing that they could do chaturasram and trishram exercises in no time. It is just because of my green gurus i.e. my swaero gurus. These seven gems shouldered the responsibility of making juniors to excel in music. In the world of music, we will come across many great performers but what society needs is a true guru who can produce as many as besties as him/her. May be even more than what he/she is capable of.
While i was listening to the seniors progress and the juniors renditions, my heart felt bubbly resulting goose pimps.
here are the links of the videos of my swaero music teachers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLzKlwz ... 6uikF91ekv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldP2O_D ... v&index=40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbOA3Yv ... 6uikF91ekv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh1gTcY ... v&index=42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsWJQ9PurKg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEe7fhe6PJo

What else can be the best moment for a teacher in his/her life than listening to the words of their disciples that they choosed music just to teach for the next generations.

so in this scene, to give them something good, I announced casio for the best teacher who makes their group to go to geetas level in just 3 months after completing all rhythmical and swara exercises including jati kalpana in misra chapu and khanda chapu too.
They are on their mission seriously to grab their prize from now.

Dr. Prasanna

msakella

Post by msakella »

Chi. Dr. Prasanna,

Since many years, in the absence of the sound-recording and reproducing gadgets, the poor aspirants are compelled to absolutely depend upon another person, may be the teacher or any other person. This precarious condition of the poor aspirants facilitated the teachers to find different ways and means to keep the aspirants perennially dependents upon the teachers. In this process no music-teacher did ever teach the poor aspirant the notation-writing or supplied notated books but even discouraged the writing in notation. None of the music-teachers did even follow or develop the symbolized notation very kindly provided by Subbarama Dikshitar for the first time in the history in his monumental work, Sangita Sampradaya Pradarshini. None of the so called Gurus ever tried even to find ways and means to make the aspirant work on his/her own in the process of learning music. They always tried their level best only to make the aspirants dependents upon the teacher singing a number of items one after the other for several years and asking the aspirants follow them wasting their invaluable time, energy and money.

For the first time in the history, when the instinctive rhythmical abilities of the aspirants are, at the first instance, stabilised to make them move further on their own and facilities are provided with notated books, keyboard, metronome and audio & video files to work and learn things on their own they are doing things very quickly and efficiently like your kids. Moreover, the seniors among them are even able to guide their juniors playing even the role of the efficient teachers. This is welcome.

I sincerely and heartily appreciate your achievements as one of the best music-teachers on the globe and wish you to continue the same with dedication and devotion though not recognized by many as, in general, the parasitical performers are mostly recognized and honoured with titles or awards etc. but not the teachers who serve the society honestly. amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

On 20170903 Chi. Sow. Dr. Prasanna, music-teacher working in the Residential-school, Adavimallela, KhammamDistrict, Telangana, is going to be honoured with the award of the ‘Best-music-teacher’ by the Lion’s Club International at Hariharakala Bhavan, Secunderabad for her yeoman service to the classical music on the eve of Teachers’ Day Celebrations.

In fact, even though she has medically been advised by the Doctors not to sing, she has taken up the new system of initiating the kids of the Govt. residential schools in learning our music in which the kids of SCs & STs only are studying as, in this unique system, the teacher sings les than 5% but initiates the students work for more than 95% in learning things independently on their own.

Presently, there are 63 students of different classes (V-18, VI-22, VII-11, VIII-06 & IX-06) learning music since last 2 years. Among them, while 18 students are learning the basic rhythmical exercises, 20 finished up to Gitas, 18 fulfilled learning Svarajati and 7 who are learning Varnas are able to sing all the Varnas both in Chaturashra and Tisra-gatis and even creative and intricate mathematical Kalpana-svaras in four Talas even without learning a single Kriti. No doubt, she is the only efficient, honest and reliable music-teacher I have ever seen doing such a yeoman service to the down trodden people. amsharma

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Namaskars everyone
Due to ill health I could not be here for long but its time to share something very specual about swaero kids of adavimallela's amazing skillfull performance
Tswreis conducts varous competitions at district level, zonal level and state level competitions.
after so many winning hardships swaeroes of adavimallela were given an opportunity to take part in state level competition.
The dept issued certain instructions that the team should comprising of 8 members and children should do all the jobs like playing music, writing script on their own etc.
My music swaeroes took it as a challenge under my guidance and they wanted to bring out something very special.
Now they started working on it a week before the competitiin and I asked them to practice bamboo dance and given a video as reference.
Now, as there is an instruction that they should creat their own music/ dance the 8 members team started working on it.
S. Rechana played casio (mohana with kalpana swaram spontaneoysly according to the rhythm) and P prashanthi played dholak took it for providing background music on track LIVE and the other 8 members ANEESHA, KEERTHI, BHARGAVI, KUSUMA, CHAITANYA, DEEPTHI, JAYASREE AMBIKA opted to be part of dance
the dance was bamboo dance. so four decided to clap the bamboos and four to dance in between bamboos..... real hard task. there should be a great coordination between all the three teams . The music should be given correctly, The bamboos should be clapped on rhythm and the dancers should skip the bamboos to dance.
Initially they found it hard and came to me with a sad face.
Here I told them to take 16 counts and asked them to choose a Jati for that. As they are well trained in AMS EASY LEARNING TECHNUQUES, they could do that easily and nearly 60 combinations took place in 7 mins dance. Practice started and in 7 days they could be this perfect.
Here us the video for you to judge.

https://youtu.be/kLsQ7DAVrF4

The day of performace was on 15 th and as a mentor, I could assist them with make up and costumes on my own
I never entertained third person to choreograph as kids themselves are very much stuffed enough.

Here cones the real story
They performed flawless and spectacular audience were applauding them till today
BUT THEY ARE NOT GIVEN ANY PRIZE BY THE SO CALLED JUDGES WHO WERE A SINGER AND A DANCER.(I CANT MENTION THEIR Names here)

what is going on? why people are like this. To held the talent and skill underneath their feet to keep themselves raised??
I could not get any redressal but I wanna know whats wrong with my kuds performance in this forum of music and dance intellectuals.

the video clips of winning teams.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/AYRSJTUBrtFVA4E02

this is first prize performance( am not blaming the kids here) a sterotypic dance with song of batukamma private album.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ug8T0WeTpJhan5hL2

second prize.
and third prize was a WORTHY skit by biknoor school. ciz kuds did everything on their own.

So what I mean to say is so called eminent judges did justification of their own. To keep me under their feet, they killed my kids skill.
I STOP HERE.
BUT VIEWERS ARE REQUESTED TO COMMENT ON MY KIDS' PERFORMANCE VIDEO ON YOUTUBE as your worthy encouragement keeps them boosting up and growing up.

Dr. Prasanna
Music
Adavimallela.