Swara Identification Exercises, Vocal: Post Answers Here

To teach and learn Indian classical music
PUNARVASU

Post by PUNARVASU »

If you are referring to the Music Academy concert on 25th Dec. 2007,I also attended this particular concert and I had the same feeling; I had noted down all the details in a slip of paper; seem to have misplaced it.If I can lay my hands on it, I can post my observations.I was waiting to discuss with some people who attended the same.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Mohan you are absolutely right. I took the shruti to be 3 kattai and found that there is no pancamam (I was cock sure:) hence toying with Hindolam (which of course did not fit) Actually it is 2 kattai which fits nicely with madhyamavati whose grahbhedam on rishabham gives Hindolam. All along i took his pancamam for madhyamam and got totally fooled. Thanks for suggesting the grahabhedam.
At any rate his aalaapana is non standard as Suji feels intuitively :)

I also got a feel of GNB...

arunk

Post by arunk »

Suji Ram wrote:This clip was from MA concert of Abhishek Raghuram - probably the one Arun attended.
Indeed that was it.

Arun

ramakriya

Post by ramakriya »

Sure it has some brindavana-sarangish phrases :) at least to my ears ..

-Ramakriya
Last edited by ramakriya on 21 Apr 2008, 22:26, edited 1 time in total.

mohan

Post by mohan »

Suji Ram wrote:Would love to hear GNB's -any pointers
Couldn't find the GNB Madhyamavathi I was thinking of online.
There is a short alapana by GNB at
http://www.ecse.rpi.edu/Homepages/shivk ... dex.html#m
Maybe it was a Trichur Ramachandran version I was thinking of!

cienu

Post by cienu »

This concert by Abhishek was discussed in quite some detail in the Kutcheri Review section especially the Madhyamavati Raga Alapana. Unable to find it though.

mohan

Post by mohan »

cienu wrote:This concert by Abhishek was discussed in quite some detail in the Kutcheri Review section especially the Madhyamavati Raga Alapana. Unable to find it though.
See http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=4425

cienu

Post by cienu »

Thank you Mohan :)

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

You can listen to it in full @
http://sangeethamshare.org/sridharan/se ... Dec-07.mp3
There is no problem with identifying madhyyamavati at all except at the place Suji has posted. Justifiably the pidis are not there

asarma

Post by asarma »

Hi cmlover, I have been following your interesting observations and technical discussions. Thank you for the same.
I have a proposition for an opportunity to a derserving carnatic music content lover. I have created a site www.taaraa.com as a community platform for young carnatic music students, amateurs and enthusiasts to upload their profiles, songs, views and news and make their talents visible to the external world. I am presently looking for a person to manage, edit and administer the site content by collating news and keep the site updated with current news and act as a mediator for the blogs.
Training will be provided to maintain the site. A part time compensation also will be provided. This is an excellent opportunity for part time work for a student, housewife or a freelancer, one who appreciates carnatic music. The content editor need not be proficient in carnatic music. The person should be familiar in internet browsing and using a PC keyboard. Any one interested can get in touch with me at admin@taaraa.com. This is a non-profit service oriented initiative. All the best.

suswara

Post by suswara »

Can anybody please give Kaddanu vaaraki in Thodi ragam, Adi talam a Thyagaraja kriti please.