Swara Identification Exercises, Instrumental: Post Answers

To teach and learn Indian classical music
arasi

Post by arasi »

jee', suji, and I wonder what gana1961 is learning from all this!
Yes! Hope we can meet...

Suji Ram

Post by Suji Ram »

arasi wrote:jee', suji, and I wonder what gana1961 is learning from all this!
Yes! Hope we can meet...
I thought you were refereing to some 1961 hindi song..took me a while to get that part until I browsed the previous page :D

Suji Ram

Post by Suji Ram »

gana1961 wrote:Can i learn music through this site
On this forum you can learn about music. . ..

arasi

Post by arasi »

Did you also get it that this ..jee is not that keen on the appendage ji to her name? Sujiji? I don't think you like it either!

Suji Ram

Post by Suji Ram »

arasi wrote:Did you also get it that this ..jee is not that keen on the appendage ji to her name? Sujiji? I don't think you like it either!
Ya, by default we have that ji..

Now why is this thread so quiet apart from our rambling...
It was in full swing for weeks....nobody around?

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Suji: I am a bit busy. Once in a while I am working on playing your varnam.

BTW, remember that one kedaram exercise we did ( sample12 ). In the end, I mixed together my playing and Suji's nice violin repro. Yesterday, on my iPhone, I found a loophole through which I can add my own ringtones instead of the purchased ones it officially allows. Now, that 14 seconds of Kedaram is my standard ring tone on my iPhone. :cool: A couple of people who heard that wanted it and I have given it to them as well. One of them said he liked it very much.

With respect to swara identification, I am working on my own baby step exercises before getting on decoding serious phrases from songs. But you all go ahead with further exercises as before. I will audit it and if I feel confident I will jump in as well.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

suji
Out of deference for your studies I have been keeping quiet. Also you guys are getting ready to fly to the motherland and very little time left to finish those shopping.s Let us go on an easy pace. I guess our guru is equally busy!

Suji Ram

Post by Suji Ram »

cmlover wrote:suji
Out of deference for your studies I have been keeping quiet. Also you guys are getting ready to fly to the motherland and very little time left to finish those shopping.s Let us go on an easy pace. I guess our guru is equally busy!
Thanks CML,
yes, I have the finals for the first trimester approaching......and shopping too...
a little music does keep me going...

VK,
:) iphone ...cool
would like to hear your attempt at varnam. Note that I did not keep talam at charanam. And each cittaswara should be repeated to finish the talam.. I have gotten better at the varnam. Will update if I find time.

arunk

Post by arunk »

I have been busy too. I am also preparing for 2 vacations. A short one to a tropical paradise of one kind. And another longer one to a tropical paradise of the Indian kind :)

I also got back on the notation editor. Very close (i know - i have been saying that for ages now ;) ). If all goes well, I may make it available as a beta release within the next 10 days.

Arun

Suji Ram

Post by Suji Ram »

arunk wrote:I also got back on the notation editor. Very close (i know - i have been saying that for ages now ;) ). If all goes well, I may make it available as a beta release within the next 10 days.

Arun
That would be nice for the "Thanksgiving" :)

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Great ! Have a good relaxing vacation!

arunk

Post by arunk »

So who would be interested in beta testing this? Please email me.

All this means is

1. You will at least try to use it often
2. You will be willing to up with rough edges :) . You will also be willing to put up with some delays in me the rough edges smoothed out (i.e depening on how much time i am able spend)
3. You will help me identify bugs etc. and also offer feedback, suggestions etc.
(Note that should be able to use the application even otherwise - although I dont know if at this point it should be open season for everyone - or just have a few people who are willing to put up with the pain and thus keep it somewhat under control)

First anyone has any suggestions of how to do this"beta testing" in an organized way? Ideally one needs to track bugs, suggestions etc. but I am not sure I am going to have the energy for that - atleast in the next few days. Everything is spent on just wrapping things so that it will (hopefully) be usable.

I would appreciate any feedback - please email me.

Arun
Last edited by arunk on 17 Nov 2007, 04:00, edited 1 time in total.

vasanthakokilam

my hand is up...

Suji Ram

Post by Suji Ram »

me too...

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Count me in! You have my email!

twister

Post by twister »

Dear kind kind people,

Would you please satisfy my persistence in looking for keys to the Carnatic Music.

I am trying to find an mp3 example of Mayamalavagowla basic sargam intonation and appreciate you deeply for help.

Thanks!

vasanthakokilam

twister

Post by twister »

Thank you a LOT, vasanthakokilam! =)

Regards,
Twister.

navasakthi

Post by navasakthi »

I heard this swara exercise of mohanam.it will certainly help us to get good swara gnana.
navasakthi.(swati venkatraman)

navasakthi

Post by navasakthi »

my father GBL is very active and keeps interacting everyday with forumitesI m going thro' the old posts and enjoying it very slowly.navasakthi.

arunk

Post by arunk »

FYI: The topic of discussion in post #552 and few posts before and after that is the subject of my latest blog entry: http://sunson.wordpress.com/2008/10/06/ ... avarohana/

Any mistakes are unintentional (and I would love to be able to correct them - so pl. let me know)

Thanks
Arun