Akella Mallikarjuna Sharma's workshop at Vidyarthi's house

To teach and learn Indian classical music
vidyaarthi

Post by vidyaarthi » 26 Feb 2009, 23:25

Dear rasikas,

I feel very glad to announce that Sri.Akella Mallikarjuna Sharma garu is coming to Chennai on the 3rd March morning from Hyderabad to conduct a workshop on his "Easy techniques to approach Swara Kalpana and Raga Alapana" along with his unique 'ThaLa Prasthara".

The venue will be my Ramapuram house.

The Workshop Sessions would be as follows:

On 3.3.09 & 4.3.09 : two sessions each day : 9 am to 1 pm & 2 to 5 pm

On 5.2.09 : only one session : 9 am to 1 pm only.

He needs maximum 8 students of good standards(which I have already in my students).

And anyone who is willing to come can come as observers.

I am sure this workshop will enhance our mathematical insights into music and also equally give more clarity on swarapragna.

If someone wants to have a talk with him,they are welcome to do so after 5 pm on both the 3rd and the 4th.

Hope everyone have access to my address.

My cell numer is 9444974466.

You are welcome to contact me regarding attending Sri Akella's Workshop.

Neyveli anbudan.
0 x

vidyaarthi

Post by vidyaarthi » 26 Feb 2009, 23:41

Dear Coolji,please make a note of this and try to come someday.
Thanks,
Vidyaarthi.
0 x

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni » 27 Feb 2009, 11:27

Last edited by coolkarni on 29 Nov 2009, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

vidyaarthi

Post by vidyaarthi » 27 Feb 2009, 14:09

Thanks,it will add to the ambience if you are there ,Coolji.

Vidyaarthi.
0 x

ragam-talam

Post by ragam-talam » 27 Feb 2009, 15:07

Lucky you, who are in Madras.
Neyveli sir, plus Akella-ji - heavenly!

I'm sure Forum members would very much appreciate a report on the workshop. thank you.
0 x

bilahari

Post by bilahari » 27 Feb 2009, 16:35

We forumites are no longer satiated by reports- we now require photos and audiovisual recordings! Sri NSG and AMS- indeed a great combination.
0 x

manjunath

Post by manjunath » 27 Feb 2009, 17:58

Do you think in Chennai there are no good teachers?

Instead of catching hold of half knowledge teachers here and there to sell his books and CDS , better if he can get the approval from Govt.music universities so that every one can get benifited and follow it. I think this is a good Idea.
Last edited by manjunath on 27 Feb 2009, 18:00, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

vidyaarthi

Post by vidyaarthi » 27 Feb 2009, 18:26

Akella sir has taken retirement from his busy profession and has dedicated the rest of his life for teaching and inspiring performers ,teachers and students.His motto is to enlighten the society as a whole on the divinity and discipline of our musical system.That is what has impressed me the most.

I have invited him to Chennai not only to learn new techniques and approaches in music but also to enthuse and inspire students of music with his vision and his going out of the ways to help learners.

He has not specified any remuneration or any other conditions like buying his books or cds,you know.

A senior student of him at Hyderabad went on explaining to me how difficult it is to make him accept even a small amount as Guru Dakshina to him;On the contrary,he wants his students to earn and build up a confidence that they can take up music as their career.

Morever,why not those half knowledge teachers become fully equipped teachers thro his unique methods of teaching.

Such dedicated teachers should be acknowledged in every way possible and that is why I am doing this. Manjunath ji,I hope you will accept my standpoint.

Vidyaarthi.
0 x

ramakriya

Post by ramakriya » 27 Feb 2009, 22:28

bilahari wrote:We forumites are no longer satiated by reports- we now require photos and audiovisual recordings! Sri NSG and AMS- indeed a great combination.
:-)

Ditto.
0 x

ramakriya

Post by ramakriya » 27 Feb 2009, 22:29

manjunath wrote:Do you think in Chennai there are no good teachers?

Instead of catching hold of half knowledge teachers here and there to sell his books and CDS , better if he can get the approval from Govt.music universities so that every one can get benifited and follow it. I think this is a good Idea.
I am sorry to say this post is not in good taste :( :( :(
0 x

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam » 28 Feb 2009, 01:47

Manjunath: Your post is in very poor taste. ( what a difference a few months make :( )

Vidyaarthi has provided the response and we will leave it at that.

Let this thread be for the workshop by AMS at Vidyarthi's house.

AMS and Vidyarthi, best wishes for a great workshop and productive sharing of knowledge.
0 x

msakella

Post by msakella » 28 Feb 2009, 03:35

Yes. As mentioned by our brother-member, vasanthakokilam, this workshop is only for the productive sharing of knowledge in serving our Karnataka-music-community efficiently all over the globe at large but not at all to bring out our own talents at this age.amsharma
0 x

cmlover

Post by cmlover » 28 Feb 2009, 06:22

Dear Members
In the interest of sanity and decency stop discussing manjunath's comments or else we will be forced to close this topic.

Our apologies to NSG/Sarmaji for letting it to stay in the interest of 'Free Speech'.

Again reminding members that we will not tolerate personal attacks on other members /artistes
0 x

manjunath

Post by manjunath » 28 Feb 2009, 14:25

Manjunath
Your post is inappropriate here. It has been deleted and moved to
http://rasikas.org/forums/post109906.html#p109906

You may pursue your further discussions there with interested participants.

Apologies to NSG Sir for this intrusion.

Moderator.
0 x

mridhangam

Post by mridhangam » 28 Feb 2009, 15:56

Manjunath sir

Whatever you want to say about Akella Sharma ji you have to start a separate thread. This is an important announcement about Akella's Visit to Neyveli Sir's house and has been arranged as a part of Knowledge sharing exercise. Neyveli Sir could have left this information to himself and to his own students which is numbering to more than 350-400 in chennai alone. In an effort to make use of the visit of Shri Akella sir Neyveli Sir shared this information with the R[email protected] That is all. If you want to make use of this you can make use of it. Else you can keep quiet. That would be best. Instead of saying something here about Sharma ji where Neyveli sir has in all decorum invited members with all catholicity, either you attend or ignore. This thread is not for settling difference between you and someone else. If you want to say something unrelated to this thread pls do so elsewhere if the moderators allow you to talk you can freely express. I request you not proceed with these nasty posts here wherein our own Legend Neyveli Sir has with all broad mindedness invited for knowledge sharing.

Mods please pick out the Posts of Mr.Manjunath and post them under a different head otherwise i request you to summarily delete these posts by Mr.Manjunath which is totally unrelated to this thread. Let personal differences be settled elsewhere not here.

Thankyou

Mannarkoil J Balaji
0 x

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni » 28 Feb 2009, 17:58

Last edited by coolkarni on 29 Nov 2009, 10:01, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

cmlover

Post by cmlover » 28 Feb 2009, 19:37

Dear friends
Please discontinue discussions on Manjunath's post. In accordance with Balaji's request the discussion on his post and related issues is moved to
http://rasikas.org/forums/post109906.html#p109906

We are grateful to NSG sir for the kind invitation and for sharing it with our membership. We wish the function success it deserves with the intellectual participation of our members. We request him to post abstract of the proceedings and any other materials that he may wish to share.

Sarmaji is a highly respected savant and member of this Forum. As much as he is also a University Professor and Teacher , I am sure he will not shrink from answering quesions and debating his techniques with scholars which can be pursued in the thread cited above. Thanks
0 x

msakella

Post by msakella » 28 Feb 2009, 20:44

Dear b/s-members, I am very much beholden to all our members for the reverence and affection they have been showing towards me. I hereby promise to all of you that I shall certainly do the needful in the ensuing workshop at Chennai in properly answering all the questions of the scholars as per my limited knowledge. amsharma
0 x

vidyaarthi

Post by vidyaarthi » 28 Feb 2009, 22:52

Hearty thanks for the members for their understanding support for this noble endeavour.

Balaji sir has clearly echoed my views,

So,I am going ahead with the arrangements for the workshop with deeper involvement with all your best wishes and cooperation.

Coolji,more of Amir Khan means more and more of musical blessings.

Vidyaarthi anbudan.
0 x

vidyaarthi

Post by vidyaarthi » 01 Mar 2009, 22:24

Namasthe everyone,
I have arranged for lunch and light snacks for the evening for all the three days;Participants please note.
Vidyaarthti.
0 x

vidyaarthi

Post by vidyaarthi » 02 Mar 2009, 21:20

Dear friends,

Please note down my address:

"Periyava Pichai"
Plot No.1,
V.C.Kaliappa Naicken street(extn),
Nehru Nagar,
Ramapuram
Chennai-89

You can come via Nesappakkam road if you are coming from KK Nagar or via Nandamakkam if you are reaching via Kathippara.

Thanks and welcome to the workshop.

Vidyaarthi
0 x

ganesh_mourthy

Post by ganesh_mourthy » 04 Mar 2009, 07:05

rasikas ,

No feed back on this workshop. I am expecting curiously.
0 x

coolkarni

Post by coolkarni » 04 Mar 2009, 07:14

Last edited by coolkarni on 29 Nov 2009, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
0 x

vidyaarthi

Post by vidyaarthi » 05 Mar 2009, 23:41

Sri.Akella Mallikarjuna Shirma's visit to our house and his unforgettable workshop mainly on 'Thala prasthara' took the participants(three of them post graduates in music and four of them graded artists of the AIR) to their heights in learning fresh approaches in laya techniques and understanding their own creative instincts with the opening up of the limitless horizons of the laya world by sri.Akella.

Personally I gained a lot of inspiration and guidance from him as to how an ideal teacher must live ,act and interact with anyone who wants to learn.

His total surrendering himself to the Almighty comes out through his words of conviction, so appealing and soothing to the mind.

He often admitted that in his long period of teaching as a lecturer in Govt of AP music college,he could not give a direct simple way of teaching.But later when he evolved a system of simple techniques thro which the entire learning process could be made so easy,naturally he wanted to propogate it to many,and mainly the common man.

I would definitely say with my experience as a teacher that Sri.Akella garu's simple techniques in both laya and swara need to be propagated for the sake of the ' kids' ;It is so unique and it will compliment any school of teaching in a very effective manner. As Akella ji said,the laya models if practiced by students at initial levels will give them immense confidence to further proceed in the subject;

Not only musical aspirants but anyone can learn his methods and their general levels of awareness,sharpness and understanding in any subject are bound to increase multifold.

In total,Sri Akella's two and half days of musical interaction at Chennai was a pure musical blessings to all of us.

Vidyaarthi.
0 x