Mahesh Venkateshwaran

Prominent critics and rasikas
rajeshnat

Mahesh Venkateshwaran

Post by rajeshnat »

Mahesh Venkateshwaran after quitting from a leading IT company started madrasana .Madrasana was started in his home where well curated concerts was up . Most importantly he did extraordinary sound setup , a kind of illayaraja or an AR Rehman studio recording for the carnatic music concert. raja Rao sirs son Sean Rolden played a big part in sound setup that came in youtube.He is doing surely for the sake of love of music and his curation is taking shape this year in December to even 5 concerts in sathyam theatre . I recollect around dec 2015 when there was flood he offered one of his fully furnished houses for the artists as some of them had to undergo severe stress due to floods

Mahesh is surely a treasure and is following in the footsteps of Jaya balakrishnan, Arkay ramakrishnan,Coolkarni(ofcourse) ,Nageswaran Sir(ofcourse ) and now Mahesh venkateshwaran is doing something very significant for chennai carnatic music. Chennai is undergoing an IT transformation project which is needed and moving away from excess legacy - we need more sabhas in line with count of artists. Mahesh will succeed surely in this madrasana project unlike quite a bit of IT baloon projects which is part of any one's destiny (thalaiezhuthu).

writeup of madrasana initiative with mention of charity and anantha published in The Hindu dated 09 Nov 2018.
https://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/t ... cky_footer

rajeshnat

Re: Mahesh Venkateshwaran

Post by rajeshnat »

Kudos to Mahesh and Madrasana team, these are lovely ideas . While few of us can keep bragging on few venues and sabhas ,having a mindset to promote music in newer venues with better footfalls is great.How to wake up and be on time for 08 30 AM start is a challenge, it is worth it as the concert only ends at 11 30 AM, 30 minutes more musical content than the next road parallel venue that hall name is TTK Hall in the same Royapettah.

Writeup of Madrasana in The Hindu dated Dec 21st,2018.
https://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/ ... 788400.ece

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

The Madrasana crew under Mahesh simply rock. Their latest ghatam duet upload is gripping.

The Sandeep Narayan boat cruise is great too...perhaps for the first time (for Madrasana) lipsynced with a studio recording.

arasi

Post by arasi »

I was there for Ramakrishnan Murthy's concert. Not knowing much about Madrasana, I ended up at Satyam theater, thinking I could get a ticket at the box office :( Well, I was surprised when I was asked for a pass, but when I said I had none, they did not flinch. I stood in the line, but very soon, they fetched me a pass, made sure I was guided (volunteers holding my hand where the steps were steep)and led me to a seat. The concert was most enjoyable, all of them fine artistes on stage who pooled their talents in their performing. The sound was most pleasing. The screening of previews of other concerts which started the morning, were a treat too.
It all brought to my mind a concert in a symphony hall, in a way. A number of Chennai's elite were there, it seemed, among us plebes :)
A unique experience it was, and a very pleasing one. If CM is taking the popular route on the one hand, this is a fine venture, to balance it out, I think. I also liked the ambience of the theater. It added that sense of expectancy and quietness, which set the tone to one's listening pleasure.
Thanks, Madrasana and Mahesh Venkateshwaran for making it a very agreeable morning for me in the shortest season I have had...

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Mahesh Venkateswaran,
Mad Rasana!
Again this year also programme from 23rd for 5 days. All top artistes. Venue this time is Royapettah that too morning concerts. Will try to attend.
Good luck to You.
With Blessings,
Thanjavooran
09 12 2019

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Review of To days's Renganatha sharma is in concert review section pl.
Thanjavooran
14 12 2019