N Rajagopalan

Prominent critics and rasikas
rajeshnat

N Rajagopalan

Post by rajeshnat »

N Rajagopalan aka Garland Rajagopalan is a retired IAS officer who took active interest in CM. He has written about many composers and musicians.The Hindu dated Mar 22,2019 had a obituary note with a writeup on his contributions .
https://www.thehindu.com/entertainment/ ... 598326.ece

@@ravisri any chance do you know him in person . If yes do write bit more.

RaviSri

Re: N Rajagopalan

Post by RaviSri »

I have seen Sri Rajagopalan many times at concerts but didn't know him personally. So, unable to write about him.

Ramasubramanian M.K

Re: N Rajagopalan

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Just happened to notice the sad demise of Garland Rajagopalan. He was a very good friend of my late Father K.S.Mahadevan, My father had attended/presided over some of his books launchings. He was kind enough to give my father all his works. I have used them as references for many of my postings in the forum. My father was simply in awe of him and as his won't always lamented the fact that he should have been. recognized more by the Music Community in Chennai. Each biography of anybody who happened to be in the Carnatic scene was succinct with valuable insights.(In one of my posts on SSI, in response to a query by one of the forumites on Gottuvadyam Sakhara Rama Rao,I had drawn extensively fro his works. That was work of a lifetime an epitome for his passion and tenacity.
May his soul rest in peace.