Save YouTube videos offline

Meenalochani

Save YouTube videos offline

Post by Meenalochani »

Dear Rasikas,

Could someone help me with suggestions that I can use to save (legally) YouTube concerts and songs on to my folders in my computer so that I can listen to them at my leisure without going to the YouTube website?

Thank you,

Meenalochsni

VK RAMAN

Re: Save YouTube videos offline

Post by VK RAMAN »

Register with YouTube and add these songs to your favorite. If you have a Gmail account, then you do not need registration with YouTube.

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

If you want these songs offline, you have to download these songs while on line. Each file size of 4 minute duration willbe approx 80 megabits. It involve use of lot of data in internet use. Also such videos can be downloaded as audio only. Then data use will be much smaller. Do not share those songs publicly, you may get into legal issues with publisher.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

I have found savefrom.net very good.
1. Go to your Youtube video.
2. Click Share = an upward right-ending curve.
3. Copy the link.
4.Go to savefrom.net
5.Enter the copied Youtube link by pasting it.
6. Savefrom.net gives you choice of video and audio quality of files to be downloaded (HD,.mp4,.mp3 etc.). Select what you want and click.
7.The file is downloaded=saved on your ocmputer.
8.you can move it to your desired folder.

These notes assume you know how to operate your computer and internet - the basics.
It works well on both macs and windows pcs.

It is perfectly legal to download Youtube videos. You cannot in turn sell them and make money I think.

mohan

Post by mohan »

YouTube Red is also available in some countries and is a subscription service allowing ad-free videos and saving videos to mobile devices

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Just use Ad Block Pro.

There are lots of software solutions for downloading youtube videos, and one or two for grabbing the sound track without the video track.

It may not be illegal, but I don't think Google/Youtube want us to do it. Cat and mouse game: the downloading software has to stay ahead of Youtube.

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Nick, AFAIK, Youtube doesn't state it doesn't want vidros downloaded. If I understand corectly, it depends pn the shared site. Soundcloud and Livestream don't allow downloading. But illegally you can get around it ☺️

Meenalochani

Post by Meenalochani »

Dear Members,

Thank you all who had responded to my request for help on the above topic. I am glad I sought help from this forum and I am looking forward to trying some of the suggestions offered by you all.

Meenalochani

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

YouTube Terms of Service...

4.c
You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Service itself, the Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means YouTube may designate.
5.b
You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content.
It is just what my eyes fell on. I did not read the whole thing.

I was guided to the relevant words by this PC Advisor Article.

this on CNET.
This on Ubuntu forums

(They must change their TOS a lot over the years! The clause numbering keeps changing)

They state very clearly that they they do not want, and we may not, download videos. But, of course, it remains a trivially easy thing to so. We may not but we can

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Here is a very informative set of points, posted very recently, by a company that sells downloading software!
https://www.iskysoft.com/online-video/i ... ideos.html

I do think that since Indian intermet connectivity is very iffy for repeated streaming of a YT video, if I want to download a YT video once for my personal offline viewing later, I am safe.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

The stated terms are clear to the very limited extent that I read them. there is plenty of software that exists to do something else. Most of it is free: I don't know why anybody would actually pay for it!. That's another story.

This may be a copout.... ok, it is a cop out :oops: but I'm not going to read the entire YouTube TOS. At least not right now... maybe one day. You probably feel the same :D

Afterthought... we'd also have to dissect and analyse the difference between Copyright Law and YouTube Terms of Service. :shock:

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

I use free youtube download classic. It's very simple to use. Just correctly set the output directory and then simply copy paste the video link. The third option is to download only (with no conversion) - which will let you get the original video. It's never been simpler to go to uploaders' channels and grab 'em when you find 'em.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Some people might have used Youtube-mp3.org, a site which, given the youtube video url, made an mp3 file of the audio only available for download.

Not any more.

YouTube stream-ripping site killed by RIAA suit

Of course, my earlier statement, We may not, but we can is still true. But I never said it, right?

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

There's another easy way NickH. On your smartphone, open any video in the Youtube app. There's a download button right there next to the share and like buttons. Then just find the download directory and copy to PC.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

No doubt.

If I wanted to do such a thing, I'd save it on the PC in the first place :)

luonguet

Post by luonguet »

There are actually many ways to save youtube videos:
On PC, I think the most convenient way to download Youtube videos is to install an extension (Chrome), or an add-on (Firefox). Sometimes, it's hard to find an extension for this purpose on Chrome store as Youtube and Chrome are both belong to Google. But you can still use some third-party website tool, just google search for "download Youtube videos", I believe there are many tools out there that work flawlessly. With these sites, all you need to do is type in the URL of the video and it will return the download link for you. http://en.savefrom.net is an example. I've been using it for years.

On Android phone, you can use the same method as it is an open OS. On iPhone, it's a bit more complicated. You need to use some downloader apps, they can be found here https://iphonebyte.com/download-music-f ... be-iphone/

Just want to share my experience, as I used to seek for this sometimes before. Hopefully, it can help you.

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

There are addons in Firefox that can do the job for you - it shows up as a button in the page and from there you just have to select the quality (or get the original file). Some addons allow you to download just the audio separately.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... e+download

MikeWilliams

Post by MikeWilliams »

Hello, I think if you save them for a personal usage it will be legally, but if you will download concerts to torrent or similar it will be illegal.
To download youtube videos you may use savefrom.net