What happened to "Sangeethapriya.org"?

sukumar

What happened to "Sangeethapriya.org"?

Post by sukumar »

Dear All,
What happened to Sangeethapriya.org ? I have been looking for an answer. Is it closed? :?:

I am unable to access it. Please share any useful info about it.

Rsachi

Re: What happened to "Sangeethapriya.org"?

Post by Rsachi »

I also tried and was flummoxed! I guess the server webpage front-end is under some renovation. I am able to access its contents on my Android phone via Subsonic.

MaheshS

Post by MaheshS »

Current  main server is decommissioned and new server us being inducted

There will be a disruption of 1 week

Regards
Sridharan
The above email was sent on the 29th of Sep and an update email yesterday says,
Hello Al

the main server has been installed and restoration of all the files have started.

To give you an indication of size of restoration, Sri TVG's folders alone constitute 276 GB . Total size of all uploader files is 1126 GB . under sangeethamshare.org domain. 

Plus there are 225 GB files under sangeethapriya.org domain

Once files are restored other activities such as bringing up the user interfaces, album database , setting up mirror synchronisation , OpenId login etc will be carried out

We will keep you posted of any further updates, as and when needed.

regards
Sridharan

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Great people at Sangeethapriya.org!
I sincerely wish them well!

sukumar

Post by sukumar »

Endaro Mahanubhavulu! meerandariki vandanamulu!

arasi

Post by arasi »

It's like many things in life we take for granted--don't realize their worth until they are withdrawn from us :(

Yes, they are mahAnubhAvulus--those who gladly share, putting in a lot of their valuable time into it...:)

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

Ever since the arrival of the internet, there have been many attempts to create an public online database of recordings. No other attempt has come close to sangeethapriya.org in being successful and consistently so.

Many thanks to the Sangeethapriya team for all your selfless work. The garanguntan size of the archive is itself more than one person's full time work.

eesha

Post by eesha »

Our new sangeethapriya server has been setup in France which required 1.5 TB of data to be migrated from old server in USA to new server in France. Plus change in Operating system version required re-writing of PHP/MYSQL scripts that handle the database queries. Next auto sync with mirrors have to be setup, functioning of Android, iOS apps to be checked etc....so it will take a a few more days this week .

Those who are not members of the discussion groups of sangeethapriya are urged to join one of the 2 groups to get regular updates on uploads and other notifications such as server uptime:

https://groups.google.com/group/sangeethapriya
https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/ras ... a-dot-net/

For the next 2 weeksafter the server is operational, there can be some teething issues and irritants which are natural to happen in such a major migration + upgrade exercise.

- SS

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Thank you for the update. Is it possible to share why the change in servers was undertaken?

eesha

Post by eesha »

rshankar wrote:Thank you for the update. Is it possible to share why the change in servers was undertaken?
1) the server has become old, it started giving problems
2) The server was located at a business premises of a rasika who has decided to sell off his business and move out

The new server is going to be located at a data center ; it has storage capacity to take care of the website's growth for the next 2-3 years (It has 4 TB hard disk, current contents size is 1.5 TB).
Last edited by eesha on 10 Oct 2016, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Thank you for sharing!

nnramya

Post by nnramya »

I have been trying unsuccessfully for the last 2 weeks or so to access the SangeethaPriya website from my IPad. Today I tried to download the iPhone app but that didn't load either. It gave some urldomain error. I tried again, this time to access it from my windows laptop. Failed there too.

I gather the website has undergone some server change etc. Is there something I am missing in settings or such? Would appreciate your guidance or a pointer to someone I can ask for help.

Thanks and regards,
Ramya.

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

I continue to use the Subsonic app on my Andrpid phone without any problem. See the screenshot taken just now:

nnramya

Post by nnramya »

RSachi, I can't even access the www.sangeethapriya.org/SangeethaPriya.apk link to download the app. I cannot access any sangeethapriya links from iPad, iPhone, windows laptop or android phone. Not on Safari, chrome or internet explorer which is why I am wondering if it's some 'Settings' issue or has the URL itself changed?

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Pls. try the following steps. They worked for me:
Streaming music - Options
"Official" Apps
Our "official" iOS app is not available in Appstore at the moment.
Our "official" app for Android platform is available here. Since this app is not yet available in Google play store, to install the APK file, follow the instructions given here
Subsonic Based Streaming Apps
The member folders (including recent uploads) in this website are accessible through subsonic streaming service. The client (third-party apps) for this streaming service is available for PC browser and for mobile devices.
The settings for using the subsonic based app is at the bottom of this page. For support on these apps, please visit the respective developers' website.
Settings to configure these apps
Streaming Server http://spmirror3.ravisnet.com:8080
Username spguest
Password spguest!

Subsonic app is downloadable from Google Play. In settings, you have to add the server, name it and set up Username and Password.

nnramya

Post by nnramya »

Thank you RSachi for your help. As per your instructions, I downloaded the subsonic app from Google Play store, added the server, username and password shared by you. When it tried to connect, it says network error, check entered server address.

I feel I am missing something. Also why is the website itself inaccessible? Can you or anyone else, share Sangeethpriya's email id so I can email them for some help? Greatly appreciate your prompt guidance. Thank you.

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

https://www.sangeethapriya.org/contact.php

I am right now viewing this Contact page in my Android Opera browser.

I think Eesha, one of the fourmites, runs Sangeethapriya.org.

nnramya

Post by nnramya »

Thanks so much RSachi. I think there is an issue with the wifi/internet provider here since it's not working across all platforms. Will check that first. I greatly appreciate all your help!!

svasanth

Post by svasanth »

I have been unable to stream music both directly on the website as well as from the mobile devices (Andriod and iPhone) using Subsonic / iSub for the past week. Any idea about this issue? Thanks

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Didn't work for me, either.

naarayanan

Post by naarayanan »

for almost a week, i am unable to access the server through subsonic app.. any maintenance going on? just wanted to share the info.

svasanth

Post by svasanth »

Seems to be some problem surely - unable to access for the past 2 weeks - tried to highlight this in the Sangeethapriya Contact us link - but no response..

pattamaa

Post by pattamaa »

Please send message in their yahoogroups or google groups, you will get quick response

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

It worked for me y'day on desktop.

svasanth

Post by svasanth »

Works on desktop alright but not on mobile devices..

Gayathri rama

Post by Gayathri rama »

Why is sangeethapriya not working again ?

HarishankarK

Post by HarishankarK »

Gayathri rama wrote: 10 Oct 2017, 19:14 Why is sangeethapriya not working again ?
No idea - missing it so much.
Hope it comes back soon.

If anyone knows please share update. For carnatic music lovers its hard to be w/o Sangeethapriya.

Thanks

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

This is the longest I've ever seen Sangeethapriya down. Please don't tell me this is it.

ashoksubra

Post by ashoksubra »

Sangeethapriya has been down for more than a week now. Has it been closed temporarily for maintenance work or closed once and for all? Usually somehow we will get to know the status. This time, no status! Very disturbing :(

shishya

Post by shishya »

All, any update on this site?

vivekand

Post by vivekand »

Any updates on SangeethaPriya? I still can't access it.

Thanks

vittalk

Post by vittalk »

Any update on Sangeethapriya? I havent been able to access since a month now. The network stats says that the site is down.
Greatly appreciate any ETA for this site to be up and running.
thanks,
-Vittal

svasanth

Post by svasanth »

It is up and running now!

shishya

Post by shishya »

Great to have it back. However, the search feature still seems to be messed up.

gajaa

Post by gajaa »

The sangeethapriya app doesn't exist anymore on the iphone appstore. Not sure why they took it down. :(

Gayathri rama

Post by Gayathri rama »

why have all malladi brother songs removed from sangeetha priya ? are these available anywhere else

Sundara Rajan

Post by Sundara Rajan »

I am unable to listen to any music in the web site. Although I could sign in, I could not access any item listed. Does any one else have the same problem ?