Lalgudi reminiscences and tributes

Remembering musicians of the recent past
cacm

Re: Lalgudi reminiscences and tributes

Post by cacm »

I AM OF THE OPINION WE ARE DERILICT in not perpetuating the memory of SO MANY GREAT ARTISTS whose concerts we are listening thru' HD'S etc. It is A SHAME. I have tried UNSUCCESSFULLY TO CHANGE THIS shameful situation. STILL OEPN TO IDEAS FROM ANY ONE. vkv

cacm

Post by cacm »

I AM OF THE OPINION WE ARE DERILICT in not perpetuating the memory of SO MANY GREAT ARTISTS whose concerts we are listening thru' HD'S etc. It is A SHAME. I have tried UNSUCCESSFULLY TO CHANGE THIS shameful situation. STILL OEPN TO IDEAS FROM ANY ONE. vkv

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

VKV: I agree with you on the need--my observation is that in general the initiative should come from the students and disciples of the artistes which is lacking in many cases--MMI ,MLV are prime examples(I know I am entering treacherous territory here but I shall not name "names"!!!)--Anyway it is better to light a candle than to curse the darkness. Let's drum up some ideas.

We can institute scholarships in the Music Colleges( in their names--Lalgudi,MSG,MDR--) -a Chennai-based wellwisher/admirer could be approached to take up the initiative-- for LGJ--Industrialist Thyagarajan,for MSG--our own forumite Nageswaran.
Forumites can voluntarily contribute(every time we listen to one of the artistes' kutcheris on the you tube or other forums we could start our own "piggy banks" and the collections so gathered may be sent to the 'coordinator".

I admit the suggestion is too naive and lacks rigor but being senile that I am in my seventies I could not come up with a better one!!!

cacm

Post by cacm »

GOOD IDEA. LETS HOPE SOME ONE FOLLOWS THROUGH.....VKV