Smt Parimala Srinivasan, RIP

Remembering musicians of the recent past
harimau

Smt Parimala Srinivasan, RIP

Post by harimau »

Smt Parimala Srinivasan, the force behind the Sabha Raga Tharangini passed away Monday.

Raga Tharangini held monthly concerts at the Dakshinamurthy Hall of P S High School.

She hailed from Alleppey, Kerala where her father was a great connoisseur and supporter of the arts. Her family's association with great vidwans like Ariyakkudi, GNB, etc., is legendary.

She encouraged musicians by attending concerts regularly.

She will be sorely missed.

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp ... 285191.ece

rshankar

Re: Smt Parimala Srinivasan, RIP

Post by rshankar »

Condolences to her family and friends! May her soul RIP.

mohan

Post by mohan »

Very sad to hear about this. Parimala was such an energetic lady - a grand old dame of Carnatic music in Chennai. I have fond memories of many instances of having masala tea at her house in VM Street Mylapore while listening to her talk about music, especially her beloved GNB. Sincere condolences to Meera Chari, S. Vijayaraghavan and other family members.

Nice write up by Sriram V
http://www.thehindu.com/features/friday ... 724902.ece

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Condolences to the family.Our family knows their family very well--Parimala's Father--affectionately called by all of us as Papa Mama(his name was K.Parthsarathy who was a leading advocate in Alleppey like his father Aleppey Krishna Iyengar) was a great knowledgeable connoisseur Parimala was a close fiend of my cousin sister and as aresult we have spent many a fun times during vacations.She was passionate about art and artistes like her father who used to regale us all(he was a wonderful racounteur) with his younger=days concerts on stage at friends' weddings in Alleppey and towns thereabouts.

Parimala above all was a hearty person and when my father was alive our paths used to cross in one Sabha or other and she would "bend" my father's ears constantly "championing" an young talent she had unearthed and my father would laud her uncanny judgement.

The Chennai Music scene has lost one of its stalwart-patrons!!!
May her soul rest in peace!!!

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Sincere condolences.

mohan

Post by mohan »

Also should note that Parimala Srinivasan is an elder sister to vidwan Allepey Venkatesan.

arasi

Post by arasi »

The charming woman with a warm smile I saw gracing the halls often, her love for music radiating from her face...her jois de vivre expressed in her dress and accessories...a child of a supreme rasikA (known in our family as Alappuzhai mAmA) and sister of a musician...

Condolences to the family...

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

My deepest condolences.
Thanjavooran
29 12 2014