Narayana therrtha notation by Sri Semmangudi

Books on Carnatic Music and those for / by / on musicians.
vamsipet

Narayana therrtha notation by Sri Semmangudi

Post by vamsipet »

Namaste,

I heard Sri Semmagudi Srinivasa Iyer composed Narayana Theertha Notations. Is there any book available? Please share if anyone has this to vamsi05@yahoo.com Thank you

Lakshman

Re: Narayana therrtha notation by Sri Semmangudi

Post by Lakshman »

I don't think there is such a book by Semmangudi.
However, Malladi Brothers had compiled a volume titled Sri Krishna Lila Tarangini but it is out of print.
If someone has a copy please be kind enough to share a scanned copy with me. It would help a lot of rasikas.
Here is the KMBC site details: http://www.carnaticbooks.com/product_in ... 3uBjLjEjUJ

kmrasika

Post by kmrasika »

vamsipet wrote: 05 Oct 2020, 21:24 Namaste,

I heard Sri Semmagudi Srinivasa Iyer composed Narayana Theertha Notations. Is there any book available? Please share if anyone has this to vamsi05@yahoo.com Thank you
Sri SSI notated about 30 -40 of the gītam-s of the taraṅgiṇi for the Sri Nārāyana Tirtha Swamigal Aradhana Committee in the 70s. You could check with the family of the late Thirupoonthurutthi Venkatesan on this as they have been devotedly promoting the renditions of the taraṅgiṇi and organizing the ārādhana annually (this year virtually).

SSI's senior disciple, Smt Seetha Rajan has also published some notations of the taraṅgiṇi gītam-s.

And as pointed out by Sri @Lakshman, the Malladi brothers of late have published on the same subject as well.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

The book by Semmangudi is available at musicresearchlibrary.net