Lalitha Kala Tarangini - Special Edition on Palakkad Sri. Mani Iyer (Part-1)

Books on Carnatic Music and those for / by / on musicians.
anand_900315

Lalitha Kala Tarangini - Special Edition on Palakkad Sri. Mani Iyer (Part-1)

Post by anand_900315 »

Sri Rama Lalitha Kala Mandira (SRLKM) is happy to share the special edition of their music Magazine dedicated to Palakkad Sri Man Iyer. It has articles from eminent people like Dr. Trichy Sankaran, Vid. Palakkad Raghu, Vid. KS Kalidas, Vid. Alepey Venkatesan, etc. as well as few old Tamil articles, Tamil Speeches on Sri. Mani Iyer translated to English.

The magazine will be in two parts with the second part scheduled to be released in September 2021.

SRLKM is thankful to Sri Mani Iyer family (Sri. Rajamani and Sri. Rajaram) for the wonderful support towards developing this edition. SRLKM also acknowledges the effort of all the contributors.

As always, do share your comments on this forum or to the Editor directly. You can download the magazine from the link below;

http://www.srlkmandira.org/newsletters/ ... %202.0.pdf

Thanks,

Anand S

CRama

Re: Lalitha Kala Tarangini - Special Edition on Palakkad Sri. Mani Iyer (Part-1)

Post by CRama »

A Collector's magazine of Sree Rama Lalitha Kala Mandira. This magazine catches the life story of the great Mridangam Maestro and has articles by many musicians like T.R.Mahalingam, Alleppey Venkatesan, SEmmangudi, Lalgudi Jaraman, Palghat Raghu etc who had closely associated with the Doyen. I am happy that I could associate with the magnum production by Anand and his team who have done exemplory editorial task. I have translated two articles from Tamil to English. Scores of vintage photos add value to the book. This is the first part and there is a second part too which will came shortly.