Amrutha Venkatesh this Sunday (13th March) in New Jersey

Concerts and other events related to CM.
mmani

Amrutha Venkatesh this Sunday (13th March) in New Jersey

Post by mmani »

Vidushi Amrutha Venkatesh and team have been having a successful North American tour of the US & Canada with two weekends of concerts drawing good audience and perceptive reviews.

This winner of best-vocalist award 3-times running 2013, 2014 and 2015 from Music Academy, Chennai has been impressing
fans and critics alike along her tour trail with pleasing performances.

On Sunday, 13th of March, this young phenom is set to perform at Chinmaya Vrindavan, Cranbury, NJ.
Tickets can be obtained online at: Tickets - Amrutha Venkatesh Concert

Amrutha Venkatesh's co-artists are the exciting young veterans:
  • Vidwan Rajeev Mukundan on the Violin - a prime disciple of the great violin legend Vidushi Kanyakumari
    Vidwan Arjun Ganesh on the Mridangam - a prime disciple of Vidwan Poongulam Subramaniam
Amrutha is the prime disciple of Prince Rama Varma - a Vainika and vocalist hailing from the lineage of the composer-king Swathi TirunAl
(the Prince is himself a disciple of Dr M Balamurali Krishna)

rajeshnat

Re: Amrutha Venkatesh this Sunday (13th March) in New Jersey

Post by rajeshnat »

mmani wrote: Amrutha is the prime disciple of Prince Rama Varma - a Vainika and vocalist hailing from the lineage of the composer-king Swathi TirunAl
(the Prince is himself a disciple of Dr M Balamurali Krishna)
Instead of just having that line ,we should also append this line

Amrutha Venkatesh earlier learnt music under Gurus Sri M.T. Selvanarayana and Smt Charumathi Ramachandran .She is also adept at playing the Veena .
Last edited by rajeshnat on 09 Mar 2016, 13:14, edited 2 times in total.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

amrutha venkatesh is having a concert at 3 pm hooray Amrutha Rajeev and Arjun Ganesh. Go for it wonderful young vidushi.

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Forumites:I have a poignant personal story concerning the "debut" of this artist. told to me by my late mother:
In early September 2006, my late father(K.S.Mahadevan) took ill-- and on the day of his death(Sept 4 @6 P.M.), my mother got a call @ 3 P.M.(3 hours before my father's death) from a Sabha Secretary in Chennai (name I do not recall) asking to speak to my father. My mother said he was took weak--but fully conscious- and could not come to the phone and asked if there is any message that she could give him--the Secretary said "Please tell him that the "artist" that KSM has been touting for quite sometime is being given a chance in the December 2006 series in Chennai. My mother conveys this to my father and tells him "Why do you bother at your age(he was 93) to persist,cajole and push young artists when the Sabha Secretaries much younger than you are indifferent to your recommendations" to which my father is reported to have replied,"I do not care if they ignore me I do not lose anything--no loss of prestige--if the artist gets a break and if he/she has "legs" he/ she would come up ' At that time the artist was from Bangalore and as such did not have much "traction" in Chennai. The artist is AMRUTA VENKATESH.
My father died three hours later with the satisfaction of "launching' one of his "wards"!! Little could he have dreamt that she would get the best artist award in MA subsequently!!

Although my father had spent considerable amount of time in Chennai throughout his life(school/college education) and subsequently post-retirment(30 years),he always felt that artists outside Chennai did not get the break they deserved and he was literally a 'scout' for artists from Karnataka,Andhra Pradesh and Kerala.

Needles to add not every deserving artist got the break they needed nor did every artist that was backed had staying power!!!