MSS MEMORIAL HALL

Concerts and other events related to CM.
munirao2001

MSS MEMORIAL HALL

Post by munirao2001 »

I am privy to the knowledge of special sanction of Rs.5 Crores by Ministry of Culture, Govt.of India to Indira Gandhi National Centre for Performing Arts for the construction of Bharat Ratna, Sangeeta Kalanidhi M.S.Subbulakshmi Memorial Hall. IGNCPA, Southern Regional Centre is having a program on 16th, September, 2016 in celebration of MSSAmma Centenary at Kinchana Hall of BVB, Bengaluru. It will be announced officially, very soon.

munirao2001

Rsachi

Re: MSS MEMORIAL HALL

Post by Rsachi »

This is wonderful news! I hope the memorial comes up in Blr.

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

RSachi Sir,

Most likely, location is Bengaluru. But I desire, location should be a District HQ in need of Hall for performing arts and with annual events planned, which will result in growth and development of performing arts, beyond resourceful centers like Bengaluru Metro City.

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

Sweet news.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Fantastic news!!

I hope the hall is constructed in her musical memory with utmost fidelity to transmitting sound without distortion, and an excellent view of the stage, and above all, aesthetically pleasing, with all the proportions 'just right', without a hint of excess in anything!!

Whoever designs it has their work cut out for them!! :)

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

Invitation of IGNCPASRC, Bengaluru informs that one day event commences at 6 p.m. Venue Kincha Auditorium, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, Bengaluru. The inaugural function will be followed by 'Sadbhakthi' concert by Dr.Deepti Navratna, Executive Director, IGNCPASRC.

munirao2001

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

Bengaluru Forumites,

I am attending to-day's IGNCASRC program on MSS Centenary Celebration at Kincha Auditorium of BVB at 6 p.m. Sri Ananthakumar, Minister for Parliamentary Affairs, Chemicals and Fertilizers is one of the Chief Guests and is inaugurating the celebration.
I will be pleased if Bengaluru Forumites also attend this program.

munirao2001

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

I am pleased to inform that Ministry of Culture, Government of India has announced special grant of Rs.10 Crores, allocating Rs.8 Crores for the construction of MSS Amma Memorial Hall within the premises of ICNCASRC, Bengaluru and for the conduct of centenary year celebration 16, September, 2016 to 16 September, 2017. Original grant of Rs.5 Crores has been increased. This was announced by Member Secretary, IGNCA, New Delhi. Sri Ananthkumar, Minister for Parliamentary affairs, Chemical and Fertilizers, Govt.of India offered his good office and services for the grand success of the celebrations.

Sri RSachi attended the celebrations on 16th. I am not aware of the other forumites joining the celebrations.

munirao2001

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Sri Muni Rao,
Thank you for your advance intimation, that's how I could make the effort to attend the function.
What struck me was the enthusiasm of the dignitaries on the stage to express their joyous respect for MSS, and the size of a knowledgeable audience.

Other bits:
They showed two short videos. One was a one minute photobiography of MSS with Maitrim Bhajata playing in the background. The other was a video message from Smt Gowri Ramanarayan, expressing her happiness that the MSS Memorial is coming up. Both were very well done.

Two wonderful nuggets:
1. MSS donated the ENTIRE Magsaysay award money to Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, and also donated all the royalties for her 11-language album concert recording done at the inauguration of the BVB HQ in Bombay!
2. Narendra Modi will lead the ICNCA celebrations at Vigyan Bhavan and they will have events in London, NY, and even Moscow!

The new director of IGNCASRC is Dr Deepti Ratna. She impressed me. She also gave a concert. Her voice has a big range, and she is obviously knowledgeable, but her music is more influenced by Bhavageete and Balamuralikrishna's style rather than the pure "Carnatic" idiom.

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

RSachi Sir,

Dr.Deepti Navratna, Executive Director has done MSc.,Doctorate in Neuro Science and Medicine, University of New Mexico,USA and post doctoral research,Massachusetts Genera Hospital, USA. To know more about Dr.Deepti visit w.w.w.deeptinavratna.com.
Prior to the final decision of IGNCA, inaugural and concert was to be held at New Delhi and a concert by Vidu.R.A.Ramamani was planned (M.S.Sheela and Dr.Sathyavathi declined due to prior engagement).
Concert of Dr.DN with theme of 'Sadbhakthi' did not rise befitting to the occasion. She is with the contemporary music of cross over genre, qualities of agzutham, depth; porutham, aptness; tirutham, self control were found wanting. She is talented and young. With intention, content and delivery sadhana, she will become a maestro.
As a curator-program, Karnataka Sangeetham and association with IGNCASRC, I will have opportunities to work with Dr.DN, very soon.

munirao2001

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

Sir, thank you. I do expect her many talents in neuroscience will be more useful than her musical delivery. But one thing. All those brain-scientist qualifications may be more useful in NIMHANS than in IGNCA, don't you think?

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

RSachi Sir,

Information on 'Home' page of her website is "I am a neuroscientist and musician interested in connecting these two worlds meaningfully through alchemy of performance, research and cultural entrepreneurship.

I sing South Indian Classical music and love experimenting with new sound configurations @ New England Conservatory of Music. Through my cultural entrepreneurship initiative, the Carnatic Alchemy Project, I am keen on taking Carnatic music to diverse audiences across the globe and foster inter-cultural projects that enmesh South Indian Classical music with world music.
Check out some of our exciting new production ‘Dialogues with the Divine’, a concert series of inter-faith explorations with Carnatic music.

As a neuroscientist, my research is focused on studying the neuro-psycho-biological aspects of musical rhythm, memory and developing cognitive therapies rooted in music. I employ a variety of tools including brain imaging, behavioral experiments, theoretical analyses and acoustic research."