Sanjay Subrahmanyan: 2017 Mini-Tour of the US

Concerts and other events related to CM.
mmani

Sanjay Subrahmanyan: 2017 Mini-Tour of the US

Post by mmani »

SanKritiLaya is pleased to present the 2017 mini-tour of the US of Sangeeta Kalanidhi Vidwan Sanjay Subrahmanyan

The renowned artist is accompanied by the co-artists:
Vidwan S Varadarajan (Violin)
Vidwan Neyveli Venkatesh (Mridangam)

The itinerary (all times local):
  • Sunday October 08, 3:00PM: Washington DC (SSVT)
  • Saturday October 14, 3:30PM: Stroudsburg, PA (SVBF)
  • Saturday October 21, 5:00PM: Los Angeles, CA (SIMA)

rajeshnat

Re: Sanjay Subrahmanyan: 2017 Mini-Tour of the US

Post by rajeshnat »

Best wishes to sanjay, venkatesh and varadu (great team) . Keep it going Mani and SankritiLaya

mmani

Post by mmani »

An important (but minor) correction on the time for the Santa Clara concert: it is at 3:00PM and not 4PM as previously announced.

Thanks!

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

mmani wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 05:21 An important (but minor) correction on the time for the Santa Clara concert: it is at 3:00PM and not 4PM as previously announced.

Thanks!
MMani,
Thank you for the timely correction . I am assuming he is going to head close from 4 to 5 hours . If I would like to live , I just would like to have some times work in the center point of Sankritilaya and sifas(not simala losangeles and longbeach) . In the last few years had access to 5 vidwans /vidushis performing all these duracell concerts - all history making ones in few pockets in continental us. More power for this weekend from simala to santaclara for this team of sanjay,varadu and venkatesh.

mmani

Post by mmani »

Sanjay has typically sung in previous locations for over 3 perhaps 3.5 hours. Given the Fall season here - it gets dark sooner. So starting early is favorable to the audience.

The theater is available to us all day. How long the great musician feels like singing is up to him (and how the audience is disposed on a Sunday evening).

We are anxious to seat audience in time and start concert on time (sometimes hard to do under heavy attendance).

mmani

Post by mmani »

rajeshnat wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 07:45
mmani wrote: 14 Oct 2017, 05:21 An important (but minor) correction on the time for the Santa Clara concert: it is at 3:00PM and not 4PM as previously announced.

Thanks!
MMani,
Thank you for the timely correction . I am assuming he is going to head close from 4 to 5 hours .
Just for the sake of completeness and closure: the concert lasted (as also mentioned in other threads and groups) 4 hours and 9 minutes (without including Intro and VoT). It also started on time.