Kartik Fine Arts programs - Paid Webcast - risk of cancellation

Concerts and other events related to CM.
Vocalist

Kartik Fine Arts programs - Paid Webcast - risk of cancellation

Post by Vocalist »

Dear rasikas,

There are 22 Kartik Fine Arts concerts during the December music season in Chennai are scheduled to be made available by way of paid webcasts through Kalakendra until 31 March 2018. Individual programs can be purchased for about 325INR, but to subscribe to all webcasts, the cost is lowered to 3800INR. This is very exciting, given the last time this offering was made by Kalakendra was about 3 years ago.

Unfortunately, I have received written notice from Kalakendra that there is a risk of these webcasts being cancelled due to insufficient subscriptions to meet bare minimum costs. Those who have already subscribed have received emails that they will be refunded in full if Kalakendra are forced to cancel, but hope that it will not be necessary as they understand those who have subscribed will be heavily disappointed. It is an advance notice as a matter of precaution. If that happens in reality, it will be a step backwards for the music fraternity in every respect in the current day and age.

For those who are not aware of the webcast being made available this year or those who haven't gotten around to subscribing, please consider moving onto this quickly. Subscribing quickly may ensure the webcasts are not cancelled. Please pass the message around so that we do not lose out, whether inside or outside of India!

The details of the concerts and to subscribe, please follow the link: https://www.kalakendra.com/carnatic-mus ... ing-swc084

Thanks all,

Vocalist

MaheshS

Re: Kartik Fine Arts programs - Paid Webcast - risk of cancellation

Post by MaheshS »

Have you used them before? Are the streams reliable? I don't mind subscribing, however I can say now that I will *never* be able to watch them live, will have to catch up at a later time / date. They say that this webcast is available till 31st march 2018 but I want to make sure. Thanks.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

Watched it 3 years ago.decent stream quality. Not downloadable. Was available only for 1/2 days after the event last time.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

ARKAY RAMAKRISHNAN - Madhuradwani daily webcasts the programs held.Excellent Video and Audio quality.Some concerts are available after the program also.
A good mix of Junior and senior artists.
Enjoyed OS Thyagarajan,sikkil gurucharan ,TNS Krishna with MC and mannargudi.
Junior concerts from 04:30 PM too were good.Senior programs start at 06:30Pm.
Around 100 people are watching.May the tribe increase making use of ARKAY's generosity from Mylapore.

Sundara Rajan

Post by Sundara Rajan »

Many years ago, I subscribed to webcasts of some December programs through "Numtv"and was not disappointed.
Every year I subscribe to "i-carnatic" broadcasts of "Cleveland Aradhana" concerts that I have enjoyed up to three months, (possible to view each concert four times) and have no complaints.
When Karthik Fine Arts folks say "available till end of March", does it mean that one can view any of the concerts once or many times till March 31 ?
Because of time difference ( I am in Florida), I will not be able to watch the programs live stream. Will have to watch next day or later. It is mentioned that the concerts may be viewed "upon uploading". That means it is NOT live streaming.
I would like some one to explain the conditions of the purchase. I would very much like to subscribe, since I can no more risk traveling to India at my age.

Vocalist

Post by Vocalist »

I have passed on the questions so will let you know when I hear back. I have used them before and the streams were reliable.

I thought I'd let people know here because it seems they have less than half of the required subscriptions just to pay the artist fees alone.

Vocalist

Post by Vocalist »

I have now received confirmation that the webcast is cancelled with full refund processed. :(

Sundara Rajan

Post by Sundara Rajan »

Thank you Vocalist, for the update. Too bad the program had to be cancelled for want of response. I was looking forward to listening to all the artists from home !

vijay.siddharth

Post by vijay.siddharth »

Dear all,

KFA inauguration is being webcast on YouTube here: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s6aZu0NlPm8

Are we going to have the webcast of the concerts????????