Vid.Gayathri Girish -Lec-Dem in Vani Mahal 25.12.2017I

Concerts and other events related to CM.
satyabalu

Vid.Gayathri Girish -Lec-Dem in Vani Mahal 25.12.2017I

Post by satyabalu »

I liked her interpretation of evolution of Karnataka Kapi into Sahana ,Kanada ..,
Ashtakam composed by Walachapet Venkata Ramana Bhagavathar in praise of Thiagarajar in Ragamalika was a fitting finale ..I suggest this may be sung in concerts and during His Aradhana programmes.Her observation on His preference to Adi tala was also a valid information.Congrats .

satyabalu

Re: Vid.Gayathri Girish -Lec-Dem in Vani Mahal 25.12.2017I

Post by satyabalu »

As for the sangathiladen kritis of Thiagarajar she was mentioning I am reminded of an anecdote involving two SKAs.One of them was an expert on Laya and He was only among a few who could sing "Mari Mari Ninne -Kamboji " with all sangathis in Pallavi.When the other SKA took initiative in getting to learn this Kriti from Him the latter agreed to initiate provided he learnt all the sangathis .I was told that the other SKA backed out .

satyabalu

Re: Vid.Gayathri Girish -Lec-Dem in Vani Mahal 25.12.2017I

Post by satyabalu »

She was also mentioning about sangathis in " Rajamargamu" in Chakkani Raja I am reminded of what Embar Vijayaraghavachar told in One of His discourses " When there are so many sangathis to indicate Raja Margam is getting broader and broader in each sangathi there is no more sangathi for santhula ( lane ) being narrow!