Tentative Music Academy Schedule Season 2018

Concerts and other events related to CM.
rupavathi

Re: Tentative Music Academy Schedule Season 2018

Post by rupavathi »

Raja Rao too

talalaya

Post by talalaya »

Is the tweet available where Carnatic Musicians are listed out in #Metoo? Am surprised to see people here mentioning the likes of OST/ Mannargudi Easwaran!!

devan

Post by devan »

Ravikiran too

jodha

Post by jodha »

#Metoo effect.
I wish other sabhas also support by saying " We too "😊

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

talalaya wrote: 24 Oct 2018, 17:00 Am surprised to see people here mentioning the likes of OST/ Mannargudi Easwaran!!
Which are the names which would not surprise you and why are names you mentioned surprising you ?

talalaya

Post by talalaya »

Ok, I wasn't surprised at all about names like Pappu, TNS, Ravikiran, Sashikiran, Nagai Sriram, Tiruvarur Vaidyanathan, Raja Rao. Not coming to say that they are guilty as thankfully I was not directly affected by them or by their actions and I dont have any personal bad experience from these people, to make it sound authentic, but there has already been too much smoke about allegations against these names from a lot of people from my close quarters.

On the names that did surprise me, like OST & Easwaran,it was only on the grounds that there has always been a "Gentlemanly" image about them in the circles. Not that am passing any opinion about them either, as neither did I experience anything bad from them nor have I heard anything bad about them too. But then, always, there is no smoke without fire.

talalaya

Post by talalaya »

Just to give a brief about my background, keeping my anonymity, I have indeed hosted quite a few musicians in the 2 decades (1985-2005) that I have lived in the US, though am not an organizer of concerts or anything. One of the musicians named in the #MeToo list was once touring the US and we did get to host him for a couple of days, before he was on his way to the next concert. And he did turn out to be extremely warm and host-friendly that time. Maybe he was just starting out in his career that time.

Though luckily we never had any bad experiences hosting any musicians (If demands for taking them around the city, courtesy of not offering to pay for Telephone calls to India are considered excuseable in this context-- Mind you Telephone calls costed a Bomb during the non- internet, non-whatsapp days--- Not that we would have accepted if they paid for the calls, its just a matter of courtesy if you get what am trying to say), we must mention that there were indeed some gems whom we were lucky enough to host like Vellore Ramabhadran, M Chandrasekhar, Flute Ramani, Trivandrum Venkatraman.

The takeaway, atleast from my personal experience is that the behavior of the majority of the Musicians leave an hell lot to be desired and there were indeed few wonderful musicians whom we hosted.

jodha

Post by jodha »

OST alleged to have misbehaved with a female while working in Annamalai University and one famous percussionist confided that ,that is the reason behind his name being not taken up for SK.
Last year I had put up a thread regarding mafia in CM and if you read carefully you will find the kingpin who is one in this group.

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

talalaya wrote: 25 Oct 2018, 18:21 Just to give a brief about my background, keeping my anonymity, I have indeed hosted quite a few musicians in the 2 decades (1985-2005) that I have lived in the US, though am not an organizer of concerts or anything. One of the musicians named in the #MeToo list was once touring the US and we did get to host him for a couple of days, before he was on his way to the next concert. And he did turn out to be extremely warm and host-friendly that time. Maybe he was just starting out in his career that time.

Though luckily we never had any bad experiences hosting any musicians (If demands for taking them around the city, courtesy of not offering to pay for Telephone calls to India are considered excuseable in this context-- Mind you Telephone calls costed a Bomb during the non- internet, non-whatsapp days--- Not that we would have accepted if they paid for the calls, its just a matter of courtesy if you get what am trying to say), we must mention that there were indeed some gems whom we were lucky enough to host like Vellore Ramabhadran, M Chandrasekhar, Flute Ramani, Trivandrum Venkatraman.

The takeaway, atleast from my personal experience is that the behavior of the majority of the Musicians leave an hell lot to be desired and there were indeed few wonderful musicians whom we hosted.
The problem is that we tend to treat them as gods/superhuman ! They are human beings after all like any of us and some stray .....

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

jodha wrote: 25 Oct 2018, 18:25 ......regarding mafia in CM and if you read carefully you will find the kingpin who is one in this group.
that is an easy guess :lol: :lol: :lol:

talalaya

Post by talalaya »

I guess he was also on the #MeToo list. Or was he not?

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

What about Sabha secretaries / concert organizers / sponsors / Sabha officials - I am sure they too are not above board and they should be resorting to mischief in all plausible ways 🤔

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/c ... -too-90663

Right royally bashed in FB....
If there is even 1% truth in what is written, it indeed is disturbing.

vichu1947

Post by vichu1947 »

devan

Post by devan »

Next sk confirmed. "JING CHUG". 🎯