Palghat Ramprasad Live at SriLakshmi Temple

Concerts and other events related to CM.

rajeshnat

Re: Palghat Ramprasad Live at SriLakshmi Temple

Post by rajeshnat »

Nice I have never heard a live concet in recent years of violinist KNS Vinay. His bowing right now in Arabi is great with paramahamsa sobha pankaja nAbha neraval . The sound is at times not clear , it has a wobbling sound especially with Microphone of Vocalist - is that a live stream problem , I hope it is not a recording problem.
Keep it up rasaali (KNS Vinay, grand son of TK Jayarama Iyer), you are rocking now with lovely naadham.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

Right now It is Palghat Ramprasad@Boston(SriLakshmi temple) on May 26th,2018

Vocal : Palghat Ramprasad
Violin : KNS Vinay
Mrudangam : Trichur Narendran
Ghatam: vaikkom gopalakrishnan

adambakkam

Post by adambakkam »

It's a live stream problem. Will post a full version soon.

Meanwhile they had to start a new stream
https://youtu.be/l_nrvalw6ko

rasaali

Post by rasaali »

I was just made aware of this post just yesterday and wanted to respond.

@rajeshnat - You are too kind. Naan podiyan.

I simply had the pleasure of having the best seat in the audience and enjoying the wonderful artistry of the other artistes. It was a privilege to share the stage with senior artistes Narendran sir and Vaikom sir and share their enjoyment of the deep music of Sri Ramprasad. To be able to do my bit was my good fortune and any good that came out from me is because of the team on stage and my gurus' blessing.

BTW, my initials are KVS not KNS... :)

Sri Ramprasad sang for nearly 3 hours and the audience was fully engaged. A beautiful and detailed Lokavana Chatura (Begada) was main piece and an unusually slow and tough version of Hiranmayeem (Lalitha) was sub main. The percussion accompaniment for that song was a treat in particular. Apparently Narendran sir specially requested it to be sung.

A rough list is:

Pranamamyaham - Gowla
Narasimha Mamamava - Arabhi
Anjaneya ?? - Darbar - by Gowri Sthapati
Kaa Vaa Vaa - Varali
Probably one more

Post main items included
Viruttam (Nadiya Porul) in Kapi, Hamsanandi, Desh + Rama Namame - Thanjavur Sankara Iyer
Bhavayami Gopala Balam - Yamunakalyani - Annammayya (my request)
Kanaka Sabai Thiru Natanam - Surutti - Gopalakrishna Bharati

@adambakkam, please post the proper list with order. Thanks!

The occasion was the week long Kumbhabishekam celebrations of the temple, one of the oldest in the Boston area. The rest of the week also saw wonderful concerts from other notable area artistes and teachers of music and dance including some of the senior most artistes who have been pillars of the New England musical community. I had the privilege of being part of the last Kumbhabishekam and it was a blessing to be back for this one too.

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

rasaali wrote: 28 May 2018, 15:19 I was just made aware of this post just yesterday and wanted to respond.

@rajeshnat - You are too kind. Naan podiyan.

BTW, my initials are KVS not KNS... :)
Bhavayami Gopala Balam - Yamunakalyani - Annammayya (my request)
Vinay,
From today I will call you K.V.S.A.B.M Vinay 6 initials longer than your name which has only 5, where A.B.M stands for Andover.Boston.Massachusets. This count of more initials than name will augur well with a violinist who has half lost his thyagaraja roots .

I was thinking only kids should request BhavayAmi gOpala bAlam in yamunakalyani (My kid only knows only one krithi and that is this krithi).Even well trained and brilliant violinist K.V.S.A.B.M Vinay that too under the manaseega influence of Thiruvidaimarudhur RajagOpalan Subramanyam is requesting this krithi. I agree You are indeed a TRS junior Podiyan who erred on requesting this bhavayAmi gOpAla bAlam . I have heard Ramprasad singing this bhavayami gopalabalam this year in velachery it was great next time request him to sing akhilandeshwari main in dwaijavanthi. Donot feel bad 99.999999% of rasikas and artists are all Podiyans when you keep comparing and benchmarking to TRS.

Sorry for the goof up kVS VInay, glad to see that you are in touch with your divine instrument . Hopefully soon i will also hear. Just kidding on your choice of bhavayAmi in yamunakalyani, best wishes.