Pallavi Utsavam 2019 - organized by Sunaadlahari, Musical Wing of Indira Ranganathan Trust

Concerts and other events related to CM.
Sunaadalahari

Pallavi Utsavam 2019 - organized by Sunaadlahari, Musical Wing of Indira Ranganathan Trust

Post by Sunaadalahari »

Dear All,
Sunaadalahari, musical wing of Indira Ranganathan Trust presents 'Pallavi Utsavam', a unique festival dedicated to the art of ragam-tanam-pallavi singing, is all set to take place between August 30th to September 1st at the Indira Ranganathan Trust in a Garden Ambiance. The event, in its inaugural year, is conducted with an intention to familiarise Carnatic music fans with the art of pallavi singing and emphasis the importance of Sampradaya Pallavi Singing.

Please like the FB page Sunaadalahari for more updates and live concert snippets.

PALLAVI UTSAVAM 2019:

Aug 30th 2019
5:00 p.m. - Lec-dem by Dr Ritha Rajan on 'Pallavis handled by Yester year musicians with special reference to Shri Ramnad Krishnan'
6:30 p.m. - RTP Concert
Vid. Amritha Murali
Vid. R K Shriram Kumar
Vid. K Arunprakash
Aug 31st 2019
5:00 p.m. - Lec-dem by Smt Seetha Narayanan on 'Alathur-Chengalpet Ranganathan's school of training techniques for pallavi singing'
Vid. V Bharathkumar
Vid. Dr R Hemalatha
Vid. Mannarkoil J Balaji
Sep 1st 2019
5:00 p.m. - Lec-dem by Vid. RK Shriramkumar and Vid. K Arunprakash on ' An insight into Creating Pallavis'
Vid. AS Murali
Vid. Sherthalai R Sivakumar
Vid. Karukurichi Mohanram

All are Welcome!

Would like to get your feedback/inputs on the interested lec-dems topic for upcoming Pallavi Utsavams or other generic music related Lec-Dems.

Thanks!
Aishwarya Shankar

rajeshnat

Re: Pallavi Utsavam 2019 - organized by Sunaadlahari, Musical Wing of Indira Ranganathan Trust

Post by rajeshnat »

Aishwarya Shankar,
You and your family are doing a great service in inviting artists and also realizing the importance of communicating early so that any one has more chance to plan and attend . You are Slowly focussing with more and more content that too with pallavis is awesome.Your guru vidushi suguna varadachari will guide you in the ground and there will be lot of support from your paramaguru's another sishya TRS from the clouds . Best wishes to the program.

kamalamba

Re: Pallavi Utsavam 2019 - organized by Sunaadlahari, Musical Wing of Indira Ranganathan Trust

Post by kamalamba »

Aishwarya and all concerned in Sunaadalahari,
This is a terrific initiative and I wish I could be there to attend what promises to be an exceptional event.
I hope these will be available on fb or the like.
Best wishes to the program.
Kamalamba

Sunaadalahari

Post by Sunaadalahari »

Namaskarams!
Thank you for your support and encouragement.
We are not webcasting the event but archiving it for the benefit of rasikas and students.
I would like to hear the pros and cons of WebCast in a larger forum like this.
The presence of webcast or availability of lecdem/session online is reducing sizable local crowd in person ( esp Younger generations/students/musicians). This venue and ambiance is kept in such a way that we should enjoy our music with natural garden ambiance and experience it.
However, It is impacting rasikas who are away from Chennai or rasikas who are unable to commute or occupied in office during weekdays.

Thanks!

rajeshnat

Post by rajeshnat »

please continue NOT webcasting . Rasikas have to come to music . music should not come to rasikas. it is always :arrow: way.

For those who are in another geography let them miss music so that they pool together and invite artists.

For those who get stuck in traffic and not able to make it they can just think of days that they heard and reported here :)

Ranganayaki

Post by Ranganayaki »

May be the people who regularly organize events that are webcast should be the people to consult regarding attendance loss: Parivadini, Arkay.. I would always be grateful for a webcast of such wonderful programs. Obviously I don’t agree with Rajesh, but at least making it available after the event with links provided would be good enough.

Webcasting is a wonderful way to allow distant Rasikas to be included. I’m always filled with gratitude to Parivadini, Arkay, Musiri for a good concert that I could not have otherwise attended. There are often dozens of live online viewers. It’s truly a blessing, why withhold it?

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

The obvious compromise it to make the music available on the internet after the event.

There are many people who cannot reach the music: it is a shame that it cannot reach them. Of course, there will always be a few who are made lazy by webcasts, especially live. But we are very far from it emptying halls --- or making them any more empty than they would be anyway. Most concerts from Arkay are on the internet: many of them get good audience numbers too.

Also, it is good that the music is archived, hopefully for ever. That is in the hands of Go.... errm, Gooogle.

rbharath

Post by rbharath »

wonderful line up of lec-dems. missed them all. :(
wish these were not on weekdays at 5 pm. too difficult to attend for us, the working class.

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

Webcasting is frankly a bore and a last resort for people who can't attend - for me it's always a last resort. There is nothing comparable to a live performance and meeting rasikas and musicians face to face.

Ranganayaki

Post by Ranganayaki »

You agree with me while seeming to disagree. It is a last resort, but a precious one when the quality of the concert is great and there is no way you can hear it live. Wouldn’t you be glad for that last resort?

So where is it (going to be) archived?