Gentle introduction to kanakku in swaraprasthara

Tālam & Layam related topics
sureshvv

Gentle introduction to kanakku in swaraprasthara

Post by sureshvv »

Is there a gentle introduction to this subject using mp3 recordings in rasikas?

Any pointers appreciated.

msakella

Re: Gentle introduction to kanakku in swaraprasthara

Post by msakella »

Now-a-days, everybody wants to learn things very quickly and efficiently minimizing both the physical or mental exertions to the maximum. Of course, also that is possible with the help of the umpteen novel gadgets available presently in the market. One may be able to understand all the different techniques of music well but long acquaintance along with heavy and regular practice and long experience only counts in getting perfection in it. Even though they cannot have the capacity to properly understand things, the aspirants below the age of 12 years, practise very heavily and regularly and move further very fast without having even an iota of getting it very quick. But, the aspirants beyond 12 years of age gradually think to minimize either the physical or mental exertion and to get the things very quick. This is the human tendency. This kind of tendency only produces this kind of ‘gentle introduction of mp3 recordings’ in this respect just to get the things very fast avoiding all physical and mental exertions. Like trying to get the taste of a particular sweet meat from a mere picture of it, particularly learning svaraprastara from mp3 recordings will never suffice.

However, the material furnished in the sub-thread, ‘Easy Muktayis - their utilization in Svarakalpana’ in the main thread, Tala & Laya could be followed and tried. amsharma

sureshvv

Post by sureshvv »

Just found this post

http://sunson.wordpress.com/2010/07/29/ ... ic-part-1/

and it seems to be just what the Dr. ordered :-)

Of course I am going to need to fix my attention span for this one...

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Look further, and you'll find this thread:

http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=13780

:D

arunk

Post by arunk »

I was about to point the same. Suresh this is no means even complete (nor possibly fully correct). Just a small selected part that I find interesting.

Arun