eduppu

Tālam & Layam related topics
SURYAPRABHA

eduppu

Post by SURYAPRABHA »

can the eduppu in a krithi be different in different padantharam? for example my eduppu in the charanam in some krithis are different from most of the other people.

vasanthakokilam

Re: eduppu

Post by vasanthakokilam »

I think it is quite possible. E.g. as we discussed in a different thread, Niravadi Sukhada by Sri. SRJ is different from the commonly heard versions. ( hope I am right on this, it has been a while since that conversation )

SURYAPRABHA

Post by SURYAPRABHA »

Can you please give me the details of that thread? I would like to read it. Thank you!

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Try this thread ( titled same as this thread ): http://www.rasikas.org/forums/viewtopic. ... =niravadhi

The two threads can be merged later on, if so desired.

archa

Post by archa »

In the said thread (above), someone has mentioned kSitija ramaNam. I learnt it as eduppu on the second finger. My guru told me that Dikshitar had paid a compliment to Thyagaraja by composing this song on the lines of kShirasAgara shayanA. The eduppu of pallavi, "kShitija ramaNam chintayE" and anupallavi, "kShitipati nata charanam" are from the second finger. The charanam starts from samam and is in a somewhat madhyama kAlam because of the profusion of words. That's my version.