Release of Rare Album of Late DR. Sandhyavandanam Srinivasa

Place to review recorded music that you have heard.
munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

I,S.Madhva Muni Rao, Son & desciple of Late Dr.Sandhyavandanam Srinivasa Rao, have pleasure in informing you that my Guru’s and Father’s CD’s of Live concert in 1964 at Mumbai, titled "Bhajana Seyave O Manasa’ has been released . Karnataka Music Lovers and practioners like you would find it eminently enjoyable and will add to your worthy collection of Classical Music.

The CD’s (3 Vol) are priced at Rs.200/-

I request you to kindly Order for the CD’s . The CD’s are available with :
i) S.Madhva Muni Rao, 170/C, 3rd E Cross street, 3rd Stage, 2nd Block, Basaveshwarnagar, Bangalore-560079. Tel:080-23229151. Cell:98453 36203
E-Mail Id:munirao2001@yahoo.com.
ii) S.Poorna Pragna Rao, M17/4, 28th Cross street, Besent Nagar, Chennai-600 090
Tel:044-24914125.
You are requested to Order for your collection and for your Relatives, Friends and Desciples. You can advise for the personal delivery(Bangalore& Chennai), Domestic and International courier services. The local delivery charges are Free and for the International Delivery, the cost of courier charges, are Extra.
Kindly send us your payment through M.O./DD drawn in favor of :
S.Madhva Muni Rao OR S.Poorna Pragana Rao
With your present contact details.
If the CD’s are received well, I am planning to bring his CD’s on Compositions of Haridasas, Mudduswami Dikshita, Shyama Sastri, Thyagaraja, Other Vaggeyakara’s other than Trinity, for the benefit of Lovers ,Practitioners and Rasikas, like You.
I now look forward to receive your valued order, at your earliest convenience.
With Best Wishes
Your’s Musically
S.MADHVA MUNI RAO

ragam-talam

Post by ragam-talam »

Sounds interesting. Can you provide an items listing please. Thanks.

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

Dear ragam-talam,
Thanks for the response and the request. I am giving below the items listing details:

Recordings from live concert at Mumabi, year 1964. CD's were released by Great Maestro and Genius Dr.M.Balamuralikrishna Garu.

1) Vachamagochara - Kaikavasi - Adi - Thyagaraja

2) Mummoorthulu - Atana - Adi - Thyagaraja

3) Uyyala Loogavayya - Nilambari - Khanda chapu - Thyagaraja

4) Bhajana Seyave O Manasa - Kalyani - Rupaka - Thyagaraja

5) Venkatesa Ninnu - Madhyamavati - Adi - Thyagaraja

6) Lekana Ninnu - Asaveri - Adi - Thyagaraja

7) Ninnu Vina Ga Mari - Poorvi kalyani - Shyama Sastri

8) Bhavanuta - Mohana - Adi - Thyagaraja

9) Kambodi - Ragam-Tanam-Pallavi - Ta Tha Dhimi Takita yani Sada

10) Ososi - Mukhari - Mishra Chapu - Kshetragna Padam

11) Sloka - Punkhanu punkha vishaya - Syama & Kapi, Mukanda moordhna - yadukula kambodi

Vidwans, Vidushis, Students and Rasikas, should not miss this collection. I also request you to read my article 'Style is not Tradition' and 'Impersonal Classcist' , threads given in the General Discussions and Vidwans & Vidhushis.
Thanks

Enna_Solven

Post by Enna_Solven »

I got this set during my recent Chennai visit and I am happy that I did. (It is sad that there are no commercial recordings of this great vidwan.)

The quality of this old recording is surprisingly good, except for a couple of tape drop-outs. Sri SSR's ringing voice is very attractive but still over-powered by the loud violin at many places. Plus the violin artist seemed to play ahead instead of following the main artist. I liked the Kaikavasi, Atana, Asaveri and Mohanam krithis and Kambhoji RTP the best. I could not connect well to the krithi Bhajana Seyave in Kalyani. It seemed different from what I have heard so far.

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

Enna_Solven
Nanna Sonnel ! About your comment of not connecting well to Bhajana Seyave-Kalyani, SSRao, swears by and sticks to the pata integrity. The handling of the sloka-punkhanu punkha, is also superb.
Sangeetha Recording Co had released one casette, only the commercial recording-produced and distributed indifferenctly, during his life time.
I appreciate the feed back. I look forwardto receive the feed back, from all those who procured this set and heard. I also look forward for more support from all our members in possessing the set This will motivate and encourage me to bring out the planned album on his renditions of Mudduswami Dikshita, at the earliest.
munirao2001

karthikbala

Post by karthikbala »

Madhvaji,

My wife (Charulatha Mani), having been under the tutelage of your brother Sri Poorna Pragnya Rao, and your illustrious father, purchased a copy of this wonderful recording as soon as you released it. I have listened to it many times and was very impressed by the quality of vocalisation even at that age. His Sangeetha album is also very satisfying, with many less-heard pieces. Those rasikas who were around during his prime were fortunate.

We hope you will be releasing many more to come. Let me know if you need any help in setting up an automated online order page (paypal etc.) which would be convenient for overseas rasikas.

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

karthikbala
When I started this thread, I was hoping good response from the fellow members, who appear very serious about quality karnataka music and order booking. Except for the very prompt response and ordering by Nandgopalji, Subba Raoji, Enna_ Solven and few others, the lack of response is disheartening and demotivating. With this kind of response, will the action of setting up an automated online order page(paypal etc) will be of any help and use ?
Urged by many Maestros to bring out SSRao's album on Mudduswami Dikshita and Dasara padas, as he was considered one the great authority, I was working on the second album on Mudduswami Dikshita, but refrained from it, now.

Madhva Muni Rao.Sandhyavandanam.

gn.sn42

Post by gn.sn42 »

munirao2001 wrote: the lack of response is disheartening and demotivating. With this kind of response, will the action of setting up an automated online order page(paypal etc) will be of any help and use ?
Yes, it will. Please take up karthikbala's offer.

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

gn.sn42
Thanks for the advice and I shall take necessary actions.
munirao2001

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

Karthikbala
I will be grateful for your kind help in setting up the page, as per your suggestion. You can send the communication to my e-mail id:munirao2001@hotmail.com

munirao2001

karthikbala

Post by karthikbala »

munirao2001 wrote:Karthikbala
I will be grateful for your kind help in setting up the page, as per your suggestion. You can send the communication to my e-mail id:munirao2001@hotmail.com

munirao2001
I had sent you the link, please check your inbox.
regards.

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

Karthikbala
Thanks for your reply. I am yet to get your message. Can U kindly resend it to munirao2001@hotmail.com/munirao2001@yahoo.com and oblige.

munirao2001

karthikbala

Post by karthikbala »

For the convenience of interested rasikas, the album is available for online ordering (credit card & PayPal) at:
http://charulathamani.com/albums/ssr-bsom.php

Report any problems to: webmaster@charulathamani.com

regards