Hindustani Music Concerts in Chennai

Classical Music of North India
sureshramaswamy

Post by sureshramaswamy »

Just a compilation from various sources on the net. Folks are welcome to correct it and/or add to it.

11th Dec Friday 4.30 PM
Geetha Raja and Sandhya kathavate
Rama Rao Kala Mantap, Karnataka Sangha 111 Habibullah Road

23rd Dec Wed
Jayant Kastaur Kathak
Bharat Kalachar - Sri YGP Auditorium,
17 Thirumalai Road, T.Nagar

KALAKSHETRA Music Festival from 25th to 31st - 2 Concerts per day. Excellent line up that includes Padmatai, Manjusha ji, Nayan Goshda, Tejendra Narayan Majumdar ji, Sayed Zafar( Ust. Halim Jaffer Khan Saheb's son), Pt. Vinayak torviji and few more. check out Kalakshetra's website - www.kalakshetra.in

31st Music Academy evening - Kalapini Komakali ji ( Daughter of Pt. Kumar Gandharva)
Last edited by sureshramaswamy on 09 Dec 2009, 10:49, edited 1 time in total.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Nonsense deleted
Last edited by Guest on 08 Dec 2009, 18:04, edited 1 time in total.

sureshramaswamy

Yes thats what i put in my post as well. I just gave an indicative list of concerts linedup in that festival.

Spares us from listening to music of the Eminent Musician who is based in chennai

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Very sorry. A visit to the optician is on my to-do list.

Regrettably, he won't be able to much for my brain, though!

Post deleted

sureshramaswamy

Hi

I dont think you should have removed the post. There was no proble. I just said that i did put a note regarding Kalakshetra's website. Actually i had just used the word"site" as opposed to "website" . So you were perfectly correct in pointing out.

Just in case anybody is free, please make it for the Hindustani music concert on Sat - 12th Dec 2009 at Meenakshi College Auditorium- Kodambakkam- 2.30 PM..

I am accompanying ( tabla) Dr. Lakshmi Sreeram

asrini

Post by asrini »

The Brhaddhvani festival will feature two performers - Manali Bose and Sucheta Ganguly - from ITC Sangeet Research Academy - on the 20th between 11 AM and 1 PM. Its free admission, and happening at the MCTM Chidambaram Chettyar International School (The Sivagami Petachi premises) - this coming Sunday.

Please do attend. They are both excellent!

sureshramaswamy

Wow thats good thanks for letting me know. Yes i have heard of them . Especially manali bose. Will make it.
Last edited by sureshramaswamy on 18 Dec 2009, 11:05, edited 1 time in total.