Naamdeva keerthana - Jaana Bhai abhang

History, religion and culture
VK RAMAN

Naamdeva keerthana - Jaana Bhai abhang

Post by VK RAMAN »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FxOs2VY ... 97AE5064B5 - I like to have the lyrics and the meaning

hariharan

Re: Naamdeva keerthana - Jaana Bhai abhang

Post by hariharan »

namadEva kIrthana karI prEmabarEm nAcE pAnDurangA
janAbhAyI mahnE dEva bhOlUm abhangA
abhanga bhOltAm kIrthanIm ranga oDavalA
prEmAcIyA candEm dEva nAccUm lAkaLA
nAcat DOLat dEvAcA kaLalA pItAmbara
sAvat hOyI dEvA aisE bhOlE kabIrA
yekaC ghartI jhAlI candra bhAgE vALuvanDI
mAjA nAmdEv mAjA GnAnadEv gOpALa lAyyAmvANDI
nAmayAcI janI lOLE santhAmcE pAyIm
janma maraN pAsUni mukht karIkE viTAbhAyi

Meaning:
Namdev is singing abhang, with the vocal support of Jananabhai, and Lord Vithal on hearing them singing started dancing to the tune of the song, with full expression of Bhavam over HIS face. While dancing in full speed,to the tune of the song HIS pitambaram started unwinding from His hips into the floor. On seeing this scene, Santh Kabirdas requested lord Vithal to slow His speed (as otherwise, may be Kabirdas thought that the lord Vithal may fall down) Seeing the Lord Vithal dancing so much out of joy, bhaktas came from everywhere and assembled at the banks of the Chandrabaga river to see this divine sight. Sant Namdevar and Gnanadevar along with other sanths also witnessed this rare incidence and looked at Him with great spiritual pleasures. All other bhaktas assembled over there started falling at HIS feet and rolled on the sand with great pleasure and enlightment and attained Moksha [ Jeevatma merging with paramatma}
I have given the summary of the Abhang, the way I have understood the meaning.

I wish, our rshankarji can bring out the meaning of this abhang, more better, with his known expertise in this.

Mr. VKR, you can get the book "Abhangavani" in tamil with meaning, containing lot of Abhangs, available at Giri Trading, Chennai. There is also another book available written in Tamil (cost Rs. 15/- only) with meaning titled "Sampradaya Maharashtra Hindi Bhajanavali" published by A.K. Gopalan Publishers, No.2 Sethu pillai Street, Postal Audit Colony, Saligramam, Chennai-600093. There are about 240 abhangs with meaning in Tamil in this book, published in 1994 and printed at Rajan & Co Printers, No.1 Gooms Street, Chennai-600001.

Hariharan

Radhekrishna
Last edited by hariharan on 09 Aug 2011, 23:48, edited 1 time in total.

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

I have this sampradaya maharashtra hindi bhajanavali and sure enough this bhajan was there in page 34. Thank you for reminding me of this book. In future I should check this book before requesting for the lyrics.

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Here is my humble rendition:
http://www.acidplanet.com/components/em ... 356&T=9121 - Thanks to Sri Hariharan for help with lyrics and meaning.

hariharan

Post by hariharan »

Sri. VKRji, Very humble rendition with full devotion. Continue your services to this forum. I have heard this abhang sung by Udayaloor Kalyanaramn in Brindavani Saarang ragam. If I can get the audio I will post it. Rag Brindavani saarang also suits well for this particular Abhang. Radhekrishna