Meet on symbolised Gamakas of Karnataka-music at Hyderabad

Ideas and innovations in Indian classical music
msakella

Meet on symbolised Gamakas of Karnataka-music at Hyderabad

Post by msakella »

A meet on the symbolized Gamakas of Karnataka-music is going to be held at Hyderabad on 22-07-2012 (Sunday) from 10 am at the Hyderabad Study Circle, near Indira Park X Roads and the main participants are Shri Nanduri Parthasarathy, a famous journalist and musician and Akella Mallikarjuna Sharma (msakella).

In the ‘Misimi’, the famous Telugu monthly magazine of March, 2012, while Shri Nanduri Parthasarathy opined that 99% of the science of both southern and northern systems of Indian music is one and the same Akella Mallikarjuna Sharma differing with his opinion wrote in Misimi, May, 2012, that much of the technicalities of the Tala-system of Karnataka-music will not tally with Hindusthani and also asked to clarify the total number of facets of oscillations of Kaishiki-nishada in Hindusthani-music as against the 27 varieties of Karnataka-music. In reply, in Misimi, July, 2012, Shri Nanduri requested Akella for an open lecture-demonstration on this topic to be arranged by him as per the details mentioned above. Interested musicians can participate in these discussions for the benefit of all. amsharma

msakella

Re: Meet on symbolised Gamakas of Karnataka-music at Hyderab

Post by msakella »

On 22nd the Lec-dem of 2 ½ hrs. on the ’27 facets of Gamakas of Kashiki-nishada’ was well attended and well received by the local musicians. It has also been videoed. But, as I spoke in Telugu the people of other languages may not be able to follow.

However, there is a possibility of my visiting Chennai in the last week of August and if any of our forumites can contact me if they are interested in holding a Lec-dem in this respect I shall certainly make it convenient to give another Lec-dem at Chennai speaking in English. amsharma