a website like sangeethapriya.org

Classical Music of North India
gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

sangeethapriya has done yeoman service to carnatic music by making available thosands of songs by past and presnt musicians. IS THERE ANY WEBSITE FOR HINDUSTANI MUSIC , where we can down load numerous songs,other than musicindia online ,sawf ,raaga etc gobilalitha

listener

Post by listener »

You may want to try the (fairly big, but not as big as sangeethapriya) repository at http://sarangi.info, a website managed by an individual called Timur Khan, based in Pakistan

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

thanks a lot. can some songs of veena sahasrabhude be posted , if permissible legally, or any idea of a website of her ? i have already started hearing VR DESHPANDE, an artist with a lovely voice once agin nanri (thanks)gobilalitha

vijay

Post by vijay »

Thanks listener, I was going to ask myself...IMO another example to show that CM is actually higher in demand than HM...or maybe CM is better netwroked in general and makes better use of technology

listener

Post by listener »

Hmmm... Veena Sahasrabuddhe... In my own collection, I have only commercial recordings. There is a website on her, though, which is the first result that you get by googling "Veena Sahasrabuddhe". I believe there are some lecdem recordings there, though I haven't been on that site for a while now.

In HM, most of the free stuff available on sawf, sarangi etc are of yesteryear maestros. My understanding is that HM artistes in general do not allow recordings of their concerts to be distributed freely. I have heard this from HM programme organizers in my city. The result of which, as I observe in concerts here, is that HM rasikas in the West do not analyze and appreciate the nuances of their music as much as they admire the artistes, whereas (atleast a handful of ) carnatic rasikas dissect and analyze thoroughly what they hear. Of course the scenario in India must be different, but still CM rasikas are far more critical of the artistes. And hence CM is better networked and makes better use of technology than HM, at least in part, because of the difference in the attitudes of the performers/listeners, and due to the volume of uncopyrighted music that is available for free.

listener

Post by listener »

Forgot to add... there is also a nice mini-collection at http://www.dovesong.com/MP3/MP3_India.asp

Kanti Dattani

Post by Kanti Dattani »

I have the following CDs by Veena Sahasrabuddhe. Some of them are outstanding. Email (kantidattani@aol.com) for our opinion and further information. I am not in music business and don't sell CDs. CDs are cheaper in US and India. I am in UK and buy CDs from all over the world.

A01015 Maestro's Choice ser. 3 Music Today (B1)
D92002 Ganesh - D92004 Shiva - D92008 Rama all three Music Today CDs
BMG50595 Divine live Pune 93 (A1+)
BMG50753 Celestial live Mumbai 96 (A1+)
MCD250 Gopika Chali Suranvan
CDNF150157 Tribute to Omkarnath Thakur (A1)
NR031 live London 94 ((A1+)
NR045 live London 94
NR137 Vani live London 94
NR167 Sawani,
RHYTHM HOUSE 240400 (A1) Ritu Chakra Volume 2 Hemant & Shishir recorded 1990 (AWAITING Vol 1 & 3 to arrive at local shops)

ALSO AWAITING the following two CDs
Times Music CD Raga Marwa
One Thousand Minds (see http://cdbaby.com/cd/sahasrabuddhe Ragas Kalavati and Shree

Kanti

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

dear listener and KantiDattani, I thank you profusely for all the information shared about a hindustani website and Veena sahasrabhude .I was able to get information about VE-SAHA in www.midomi.com also .gobilalitha

ninjathegreat

Post by ninjathegreat »

listener, that website seems to be maintained by her husband, H V Sahasrabuddhe...
Last edited by ninjathegreat on 13 Nov 2007, 20:22, edited 1 time in total.

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

can anybody gve the raag of 'TEJO MAYA HAI CHINMAYA'' SUNG BY VEENA SAHASRABHUDE ? GOBILALITHA

varsha

Re: a website like sangeethapriya.org

Post by varsha »

http://audiofarm.org/explore/category/Indian%20Classic

I located a rare miya malhar by kumar gandharv as well tracks of dayashankar-shehnai which are not available normally
----
sursangat.com
-----

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

I think tEjOmaya hE cinmaya is in rAgA dEshkAr.

Rsachi

Post by Rsachi »

I came across a site called saptak.org which has a subscription to music archives.