Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
rajumds

Nageswaran Invites all rasikas

Post by rajumds »

PUNARVASU

Re: Nageswaran Invites all rasikas

Post by PUNARVASU »

Shri Nageswaran,
Our best wishes for you and family to enjoy joy filled,fun filled and music filled years in your new house.

S.NAGESWARAN

Post by S.NAGESWARAN »

I have very good friends in our forum who help me post my invitation for the Gruhapravem function to be held on 31.08.2012. Sree coolji and MDS Raju helped me for the posting of the invitation in our website. I Request all the rasikas of this forum at Chennai and the Global Rasikas to treat this as my personal invitation and attend the function in large Nos. S.NAGESWARAN. 06.08.2012.

cienu

Post by cienu »

Congratulations Sri Nageswaran on the ensuing happy occasion of the Gruhapravesham of your newly built home :) Thank you for your kind invitation. I will try my best to attend.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Health and happiness in the new home!
Best wishes to all the family--from little grandchildren to ThAtha and pATTi!

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Wish you all the best and prosperity at the new residence.
Those of us who cannot attend personally pray to Lord Muruga to shower his Graces on you and your Family on this occasion.

सर्व मंगळानि सन्तु ।

gobilalitha

Post by gobilalitha »

Extremely happy to receive the invitation for the grahapravesam of your new house(paradise of music). wishing the function grand success.Our best wishes to you and family members.Sangeetha devathayin poorna kadaksham :D

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Sri Nageswaran-mama, Best wishes for the grihapravesam and many years of bliss in your new home.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Wish you and your family members all the best on the happy occasion of Grahapravesam. Pray Ayyappan to shower all His best on you.

Thanjavooran 06 08 2012

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Gosh, it seems no time at all since I last saw you in your old house, which, sadly, was beginning to see to its own demolition.

You know me too well to expect me at 6.30am but I send very best wishes for your ceremony from us both --- and will certainly try to be there for your grand-daughter's concert.

Above all, we wish you renewed health and many happy years in your new home

maduraimini

Post by maduraimini »

Nageswaran family:
Best wishes on the happy occasion of the Grihapravesam of your new home. May you all have a healthy and happy life there ! I am sure your grand daughter's concert is going to be wonderful. Good luck!

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Sri Nageswaran, best wishes on the grihapravesam - may the entry into the new house be the harbinger of wonderful things ahead! Hope you will record (as you usually do) and post clips from your grand-daughter's concert.

vs_manjunath

Post by vs_manjunath »

Sri Nageshwaran Sir- Congratulations to you & your family on this happy occasion. By the by, what's the name of this new house ?

mohan

Post by mohan »

Sri Nageswaran - Congratulations on the construction of your new home and Grihapravesam! Look forward to seeing pictures of the event and the new building! Hope the new residence continues the tradition of hosting good music and Rasikas meetings!

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

May warmth and laughter, happiness too, Move into your new home and stay there with you. Best wishes

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Congrats.Looking forward to the occasion.

S.NAGESWARAN

Post by S.NAGESWARAN »

Dear Sri Manjunath, The name of the house is "KANDAN KUTIL " S.Nageswaran. 07.08.2012.

Radhika-Rajnarayan

Post by Radhika-Rajnarayan »

Wish you the best of health and prosperity in the new house!

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Dear Mr. Nageswaran: Wish you the best of luck in your abode--hope the "new" walls retain the pitch-perfect tone of the old ones!!! I think I would rename your abode as HOME rather than a mere House!! Myself and my wife carry fond memories of your family's hospitality in the past.

May God give you health and happiness to sustain your passion for Music!!!

Sam Swaminathan

Post by Sam Swaminathan »

Nageswaran Sir....Let there be more and more music in your new house. Let there be peace, happiness, laughter and prosperity for generations to come. God Bless

Regards to all

anandasangeetham

Post by anandasangeetham »

Best wishes and May God shower his blessings for your long and healthy life in your new house.

Lakshman

Post by Lakshman »

Congratulations and best wishes for the occasion. I have fond memories of our get together last December. I will be there in spirit on the 31st.

Ponbhairavi

Post by Ponbhairavi »

Congratulations!
The name kandan kudil sounds closely like and reminds the village kandangudi (near peralam) sung by Arunagirinathar which is the abode of Lord muruga and which is your kula deivam( and which happens to be my kuladeivam also). I pray Lord Muruga to make your home also his.

semmu86

Post by semmu86 »

Nageswaran mama, very happy about this and our best wishes. Prayers for happiness and music as always in your new house too

S.NAGESWARAN

Post by S.NAGESWARAN »

Dear Rasikas, I had to contact outstation friends of mine requesting them to send their residential address by SMS for posting the Grahapravesam invitation of my home. One such friend asked me the reason. When I have mentioned about the function, He mentioned that I must enter the home with the accompaniment of the Mangala Vadyam during the auspicious time. He mentioned that he will be present with his mangala vadyam. Perhaps you might have guessed the name musician by now. Hence, for the Rasikas attending the grahapravesam function will have a double treat of music. For some of the Rasikas who are in two minds, this news will certainly make them attend the function without fail. Well, my granddaughter will be giving a mini concert from 09.00 hrs to 10.00 hrs on 31.08.2012. The concert by the renowned mangala vadyam artist will entertain you from 10.15 hrs to say 12.30 hrs or may Evan extend up to 13.00hrs depending upon the response from the Rasikas. I am in touch with our Rasika Sri Thanjavooran over phone once in a while. I have not met him in person till now. Living in Perambur [Chennai], whenever he attends a concert in the city, he had to leave the concert around 08.00 pm to reach his home in time regretting that he could not listen to the full concert. He had even mentioned that if some of the concerts are arranged in the mornings, he would have the satisfaction listening to the concert till the end. Now he can attend the grahapravesam of my home and listen to the concert in full, And enjoy the hospitality of my family and have a nice dinner. I hope our Rasika Sri Thanjavooran will be reading this thread. Can you guess the name of my good friend who will be entertaing with his Mangala Vadyam???. S.NAGESWARAN. 17.08.2012.

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

All the best, Sri. Nageswaran.

My guess is Sri Injikudi Subramaniam.

PUNARVASU

Post by PUNARVASU »

Grihapravesam of Shri. Nageswaran's house with Nag(d)aswaram.
Very appropriate! :clap:
My greetings for the function.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Nageswaran,
All the very best!
If it's IngikkuDi Subramaniam, mangalamAna vAdyam maduramAgavum olikkum! (the auspicious instrument will sound sweet too).
Even Nick (not a lark), can make it in time for the music...

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

What a great way to inaugurate your new house, with quite possibly the best contemporary nagaswara vidwan! (assuming it is Injikudu avl).
My additional best wishes for the event.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Many thanks Shri Nageswaran Avl for your kind invitation. Only today I returned from Sabarimalai pilgrimage and hence this delay. All out efforts will be made to visit you and take blessings.
With Pranams,
Thanjavooran 20 08 2012
NB It should be Injikudi only.

gardabha_gana

Post by gardabha_gana »

Congratulations and Best wishes Nageswaran Sir.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Hearty congratulation, blessings and best wishes to Chi. Nageswharan and all his family members. amsharma

S.NAGESWARAN

Post by S.NAGESWARAN »

Dear Rasikas, 31.08.2012 Grahapravesam function schedule is given below. 1. All Rasikas are requested to arrive at my home by 08.00 hrs and have breakfast. 2. After the breakfast, Rasikas can interact with the other Rasikas and interact with musician guests. 3. My granddaughter Srinidhi will give a mini concert for one hour from 09.00 hrs with Sri B.Ananthakrishnan on the Violin and Sri Arjun Ganesh on the Mrudangam. 4. There will be break for 30 minutes up to 10.30hrs. 5. From 10.30 hrs, there will be a Nadaswaram concert by Sri Injikudi Subramanyam with the Violin accompaniment by Sri B.Ananthakrishnan and Mrudangam by Sri Arjun Ganesh. Sri Injikudi Subramanyam preferred these accompaniments instead of Thavil because of the medium size hall. 6. The concert duration will be two to two and half hours. 7. All Rasikas are requested have their lunch without fail. S.NAGESWARAN. 28.08.2012.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

So it is InjikuDi :D
How can Nageswaran enter his 'bilam' without the Nagaswaram maGuDi of InjikuDi :D
Wishing the function resounding auspicious success!
..and don't forget to share pictures/videos with us well-wishers here..
सुलग्नॊ सावधान...

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Best wishes for tomorrow's function and all the future in your home.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

This was a wonderful occasion in a beautiful new house.

Trying to avoid the Anna Salai/T-Nagar diversions and difficulties, I got lost in Saidapet. I always do :o. However, we still managed to reach in time for having breakfast before the music began.

Yet another musical youngster of Nagaswaran's family gave the opening song. She sang very well, and the maturity of her voice for one so young was noticable.

Srinidhi gave a very good concert, sensitively accompanied by B. Ananthakrishnan and Arjun Ganesh. When I first saw her as much as three (?) years ago, she had stage presence, and was able to command the stage, even with older accompanists. Of course, she still has, and still can. Her study and practice is showing: she has moved on amazingly from the last time that I saw her.

Injikudi Subramanyam's concert was just fantastic. Being there was one of one of those really great experiences in my concert-going life. Indoor nadeswaram is usually too much for me (it is an irony that as hearing gets worse, the ears are hurt more by loud volume) but, on this occasion, there was no discomfort at all, just pure musical bliss. The violin/mridangam accompaniment indeed works much better for such small-hall occasions. It also works for bigger halls too: I have seen him play this way at Raga Sudha Hall. It was remarkable to hear Ananthakrishnan change his style and sound to match the nadeswaram: I'm still amazed at these skills in expert accompanists. Arjun Ganesh also played most appropriately, and contributed many delightful moments to the concert. Injikudi Subramanyam's softness, delicacy, expressiveness, feeling and all that goes to make up musicality was supreme. My wife, not so much of a rasika, was also strongly affected by the concert and is clamouring for copies of his music :)

Nageswaran sir, as you know, I am neither an early riser nor a breakfast eater, so we slipped away before lunch, feeling quite well-enough fed without it. Thank you so much for the hospitality and the music.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

Again Mr.Nageswaran conducted the function in a style that is befitting an ardent fan of classical music.Srinidhi has now matured to sing aalapanai and svarams.Her aalapanai of kkpriya was neat as well as the svarams she sang for pakkalaneelabadi and earlier for ammaraavamma.She sang in variety of thaalams like Adi,rupakam (mamavasadha),kanda chApu and misrachApu.The meera bhajan she sang in bhairavi was lilting with bhAvam.The seniors lent a great support.Special mention must be given about the tisram she sang at each stage in the tOdi Adi tala varnam Eraanapai.

Injukudi's concert had songs that I don't know.A song in sAvEri in roopakam,a song in NaTTakurinji in adi - 2 kalai and a bandish in yaman after a stunning AlAp.The presence of MSG with his wife & son during the concert created a lot of respect and fervor.S.P.Ramh also was there throughout.Dr.Narmada too made a brief appearance.

The hospitality of the Nageswarans as usual was excellent and made the function unforgettable.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

An excellent morning session. As ganeshkant Avl puts in the function went on well. Enjoyed Both concerts . Shri Nageswaran Avl individually took care of each guest and the hospitality shown by the members of his family was commendable. " Sevikku unavukku piragu vayitrukkum nalla virundhu " Wishing him and his family all the best.
Thanjavooran 31 08 2012

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Mr.Nageswaran: having been privileged to be our host on previous Rasikas meets,I can very well imagine how well the function would have gone off. A Nice start--Wish you and your family the best in your abode.

Wish Srinidhi the best in her efforts to build on her talent.Hope she gets many opportunities to perform. The Rasikas 'posse' will help in breaking open the cultural fortresses of Chennai!!!

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Well done!
Pictures please!

maduraimini

Post by maduraimini »

Nice reports on The Nageswaran family's Grahapravesam. We'd love to see the pictures of this occasion. I have been hearing about the hospitality of the Nageswarans and am sure they would have outdone themselves. Glad to hear their grand-daughter is very talented and hope others get a chance to see her vidwat. Best wishes to the family in their new home.

mahavishnu

Post by mahavishnu »

Congratulations Sri Nageswaran mama. Best wishes to you on this occasion.

Here is a link to Kum Srinidhi's performance with seasoned accompanists uploaded by teeveegee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOW_LRW4 ... ture=g-u-u

Look forward to Injikudi avl's performance. It is not often that you hear nagaswaram with violin,mridangam accompaniment!

T.V.GOPALAKRISHNAN

Post by T.V.GOPALAKRISHNAN »

I too was fortunate to attend the function and enjoyed both the music concerts. I could record and upload one video song of his grand daughter Kum.Srinidhi as per the above link provided by "mahavishnu". I could videograph the presence of Mrs. & Mr.MSG and requested Sri Nageswaran to pose with them. Inspite of his health difficulty Sri MSG climbed the steps and attended the Nadaswaram concert. It shows his affection towards Sri Nageswaran. I have uploaded a small video clipping to mediafire which could be downloaded from the link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?vl1024o97zyytv1

Regards,
TVG.

cmlover

Post by cmlover »

Thanks Ramesh and
TVG sir for the clip where we get to see some of our familiar faces as well as a glimpse of beaming Nageswaran (may God shower his full Graces and Prosperity on his family).
Can I request for the full video?

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

How nice to see the video snippet.

I seldom look so happy after getting up early: the music was mighty powerful!

S.NAGESWARAN

Post by S.NAGESWARAN »

Dear Rasikas, I personally thank all the Rasikas who have extended their greetings on the occasion of the Grahapravesam of my new home and attended the function and the music arranged for the function. I am more happy and blessed that Sri MSG, his wife and son Suresh have attended the function in spite of his fragile health and unable to walk without support from his son. He had honored the U/S and my wife by presenting dhoti and saree. Sri TVG of Sangeethapriya recorded the music program and will be uploading in Sangeethapriya web site shortly. He took a video of the U/S with Sri MSG and his family. Our Rasikas Ganeshkanth, Nick, Musicians DR.Narmada, S.P.Ramh, Sri Sivakumar [music reporter of the Hindu news paper], Carva Rajasekar and many more attended the function. My special thanks to my Granddaughter Miss S.Srinidhi, Sri B.Ananthakrishnan, violinist, Sri Arjunganesh, mrudangist and Sri Injikudi Subramanyam. There are no words to express my gratitude to Sri Injikudi Subramanyam for voluntarily coming forward to play the Mangala Vadyam during our entry to our new home on 29.08.2012[for my eldest son N.Karthik’s flat in 1st floor grahapravesam] and on 31.08.2012 for my second son N.Anand’s 2nd floor flat. And then the melodious concert Sri Injikudi Subramanyam for nearly 2 hrs. Sri Injikudi played the Saveri kriti Thulasi in Rupaka thalam and Manasuvishaya krithi of Sri Thyagaraja in the Nattaikurunji Ragam. Sri MSG and his family expressed their liking of the concert of Injikudi on the three aspects;1. Melodious music; Selecting the rare krithi; and The vilambakalapramanam for the Nattaikurunji krithi. Sri MSG was not able to sit through the full concert because of his health problems. However, Mrs. MSG was so much impressed that She requested me to get the phone NO. Of Sri Injikudi, B.Ananthakrishnan, violinist and that of Sri Arjunganesh, Mridungist So that she can speak to them in person and arrange their concert In Vidvath Samajam in due course. The accompaniment of violin and mrudangam were very much appreciated by all the Rasikas. I wish to write more about the music but nothing like listening to the Full audio of the concert. Sri TVG of Sangeethapriya will be uploading the audio in their website In due course. S.NAGESWARAN. 03.09.2012.

S.NAGESWARAN

Post by S.NAGESWARAN »

Dear Rasikas, I have arranged for taking the video of the Grahapravesam function Including the video of the two concerts. I am yet to get the video DVDs And segregate the video of the 2 concerts and upload it in our site. It will take at least a week to do it. The full photo coverage was also taken and then I have to Segregate the music session Photos. Then the uphill task of how to upload in our site. In spite of tutorials for uploading the photos by Sri Vasanthakokilam, I have to upload the photos somehow in our website. S.NAGESWARAN. 03.09.2012.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Dear Nageswaran, I very much wanted to attend the function as I had told you. But some pressing official commitments prevented me. I very much missed the function and the concerts. Anyhow wish you a long and happy life in the new house full of music.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

CRama, it is a pity you could not make it: your review would have been much appreciated

cienu

Post by cienu »

It is a beautiful house. Sad that I missed meeting fellow rasikas, Srindhi's singing and Sri Injikudi's Nadaswaram. Happy not to miss the delicious lunch though ! Spent some time talking with Sri Injikudi. Would have also loved to meet Sri MSG. Wishing Sri Nageswaran and family many more happy moments in Kandan Kutil.