COMMIT AND DONATE FOR AMS EASY METHODS LEC-DEMO-CHENNAI

Miscellaneous topics on Carnatic music
munirao2001

COMMIT AND DONATE FOR AMS EASY METHODS LEC-DEMO-CHENNAI

Post by munirao2001 »

Sri M.Akella Sharma, a Great Maestro and a Great Teacher has invented ‘AMS EASY METHODS’, a teaching method and system for appreciation and very fast learning of Karnataka Sangeetham. Postings in our forum and YOUTUBE links stand testimony to the efficient innovative methods. Even though many lec-demos by AMS garu have been held in the past, it has not received the recognition and attention it deserved. In the interest of growth and development of the greatest of Fine Arts, Karnataka Sangeetham, globally the teaching and practice methods need urgent review and updating for learning, practicing and appreciation.

Appeal is being made to all the discerning rasikas, globally and also to the patrons, patrons who are in relationship with our forumites to commit and contribute generously for this noble cause. First ‘AMS EASY METHODS LEC-DEMO-CHENNAI BY RASIKAS.ORG’ will be held at Chennai. With overwhelming support of rasikas, patrons and surplus funds raised in excess of Chennai event will be utilized for contribution to the event(s) in other very important centers like Bengaluru and Tiruvanantapuram.

This event to be planned with the association of NGO-Not for Profit registered organization to comply with Law.

Please post your pledge and support to take the necessary steps for the successful conduct and management of ‘AMS EASY METHODS LEC-DEMO-CHENNAI by RASIKAS.ORG.’

munirao2001

munirao2001

Re: COMMIT AND DONATE FOR AMS EASY METHODS LEC-DEMO-CHENNAI

Post by munirao2001 »

I am committing and pledge INR 5,000/-. I am willing to volunteer as per the event management team leader's advise.

munirao2001

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

I think it would help if you mentioned a target amount that is the budget for holding the event.

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

Nick.H.Sir,

Estimated expenses for the half a day program, which includes the rental for the hall, sound system, refreshments, stay, food and travel expenses is a minimum of INR 50,000/- To conduct the event as one day program consisting of additional panel discussion and lunch and refreshments, it is estimated cost of minimum INR 1,00,000/-. As already mentioned in the appeal, the surplus funds would be utilized for the events at Bengaluru and Tiruvanantapuram. If the first event is conducted with good results and publicity, patrons and corporate sponsorship is possible.

For this event, our forumite Vidu.Radha Bhaskar and Vid.Bhaskar through their organization-Mudhra or Palam take the leadership, the results would be very good, if not excellent. Through this posting, I am requesting Vidu.Radha Bhaskar to express willingness and advise on management of the event.

With 7,700+ world wide membership and with discerning rasikas constituting at least 500+ and with a minimum contribution of INR 1,000/-, financial management should not be a problem. I am confident that all the discerning rasikas will support this innovation, a historically very significant in meeting and serving the aspiration of all the students of Karnataka Sangeetham and its growth and development and also the contribution of our very senior member and a great maestro-teacher, par excellence; performer; a scholar; lakshya and lakshana maha vidwan. By joining this noble cause and contributing, forumites set example for many good initiatives to be taken in the future.

Do not procrastinate, Please Act and NOW.

munirao2001

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Dear Sri Munirao,

Due to commitments for various activities,i am not able to commit the amount,However I shall try and contribute.But I have some questions which i shall address in a private mail.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Thank you for the details. The people you mention you mention are, of course, highly experienced organisers, but I do not know if they regularly visit the forum: I think you need to make a personal, offline approach.

VK RAMAN

Post by VK RAMAN »

Nick's recommendation for making off line approach deserves recognition by organizers.

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

The idea and the results with appreciation will receive acceptance. All the ways and means to be employed for managing the event, both in planning and execution. I am fully aware. I am taking the necessary actions. I welcome questions, if any, for your appreciation and acceptance.
I am keenly looking forward to the pledges from forumites. The pledges will result in next critical steps in planning.

munirao2001

srkris
Site Admin

Post by srkris »

munirao2001 wrote:Please post your pledge and support to take the necessary steps for the successful conduct and management of ‘AMS EASY METHODS LEC-DEMO-CHENNAI by RASIKAS.ORG.’
Sri Munirao - appreciate your efforts to propagate Sri AMS's approach to music education. I have no doubt that it is a worthy cause and does need all the propogation it deserves.

However I would like to request you from refraining from using the name of Rasikas.org in any organized event where Rasikas.org is not an official sponsor.

It may be better to simply use the common noun 'rasikas'.

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

srkris,

I had posted a request for admin for making the event 'official-Rasikas.org'. You have given the decision. The event will be 'AMS EASY METHODS LEC-DEMO-CHENNAI'. None, except HNB Sir, have come forward to offer support till date. I shall keep this appeal up to 7th June,2015. If the present trend continues, I will withdraw the appeal to forumites.

munirao2001

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear Munirao garu, If you want you can withdraw your appeal. That is left to you. But, you can go ahead in arranging this Lec-dem in Chennai and I shall certainly come on my own and do the needful for the benefit of our kids without expecting anything from you. amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear munirao garu, To tell the fact I do not need even a single music-teacher as there is nothing to teach them. I need only aspirants, as many as we can gather, and I shall tell them in which way they can do things on their own and learn music very fast, independently and efficiently. So, please try to gather aspirants only with most minimum expenditure. amsharma

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Akellaji: now, that is something that feels worthwhile doing. I am not in Chennai but even if I am there I would not have a clue about how to go about gathering the aspirants. May be Sri. Munirao will have some ideas. Let us brainstorm. We will worry about funding later.

Here is one stream of thought.

Just as background, Akellaji has done such workshops for students before. If I recall right, Sri. Neyveli Santhanagopalan sponsored one such Akellaji workshop for this students. But here it looks like we want it to be across schools, no matter who they learn from, or even those who is not learning yet or those who are just starting to learn. The latter categories are better. One logical conclusion is that, we need to promote this workshop to parents and not to music teachers. That jibes with what Akellaji is saying. But how do you do that? It requires some thinking to come up with a method that efficiently uses the resources we have.

One thing I have some personal experience with is to advertise on Facebook. The targeting facilities of Facebook can be put to use. That is, you can specify who Facebook will show the ads to there by making sure we get the most value for our ad spend by reaching only the people that matter to us. (see here for details: https://www.facebook.com/business/a/onl ... ng-details ). As you can see, you can specify by location ( radius from city ), demographics ( people in the 25 to 35 age group with children ), interests ( we can be a bit broad here instead of just people showing interest in carnatic music ) and behaviors ( someone has searched for a music teacher, or posted about cultural matters ). One fun thing is, as you create your ad target, Facebook will show you in real time the size of the target audience, so you can judiciously balance quality and quantity.

(now you know why FB asks you about your personal information when you sign up that you have readily provided. And you added a comment here and there, uploaded a photograph, created a title for the photo and tagged the people in the photo that are other FB users, clicked on those likes. You are activity making yourself an extremely juicy target to such a fine degree that has never been done in the history of humanity. But people do not seem to mind, 1/4th of the world's population is on FB now. So let us make use of it)

What else can we do to send the message to our target audience?

Let us shoot for having a minimum of 50 aspirants. That will be a good beginning.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear brother-member, vasanthakokilam,

We all can solve all our problems amicably if we sit together and discuss things without any bias. Till now this has never been done before. If each and everybody comes out, ask me reasonable questions and do the needful without any selfish motive, mainly for the sole benefit of our kids, nothing is difficult to do.

As you rightly and sensibly wrote we need to promote this workshop to the parents and not to the music-teachers.

For the first time in the history, in my extensive experiments running since last many years in respect of the easy methods in learning our music most of them are fulfilled and a perfect plan is finalized in January, 2015 only. Basing upon this any average aspirant depending upon his/her own instinctive abilities can learn the needed technicalities of our music mostly within an year. In this process while the aspirant’s role is more than 99% the teacher’s/guide’s role is less than 1%.

Right from the first day of the music-lesson while the teacher vigilantly guides the aspirant without letting him/her go off-track the aspirant works hard from many hours independently basing upon the notations, audio and video-files which could very easily be downloaded from ‘sangeethamshare’ and ‘youtube’. To be accessible to any aspirant on the globe I have already uploaded most of the required material to the above sites. In fact, it is very easy and fast if the aspirant works hard independently with the barest minimum dependency upon the teacher/guide.

Very recently, for the first time, I have experimented upon the kids in the Residential School, Hyderabad which are under the control of TSWREIS (Telangana Social Welfare Residential Educational Institutions Society, Govt. of Telangana) and successfully came out with amazing end-results. As this is an instant-summer-music-camp I had to follow a particular plan to conclude it in 15 days.

Similarly for the institutions in General Education we can implement a suitable plan to arrive at such amazing-end-results of singing to the notation and intricate Swarakalpana within the duration of one year. It is more convenient, easy and effective if the little kids even before the age of 12 years are exposed and trained properly by the efficient teachers of these Residential Schools where the kids and their teachers mostly reside in the same premises and interact very frequently with affectionate motherly relations.

For this, at the first instance, we have to invite the parents of the kids who are truly interested in giving classical-karnataka-music to their kids between the age of 7 years and 12 years. There are separate plans to be implemented in respect of a group of kids or a single individual kid.. Both the rhythmical and musical instinct of the kid must be tested by an efficient teacher with the help of the keyboard and metronome. Basing upon the level of these instincts the kids must be divided into A, B, C-groups and the lessons of pdf, audio and video-files will be prescribed to download and follow independently. There will be individual guidance only for each and every kid. Basing upon the pdf, audio and video lessons and with the help of the keyboard (preferably Casio-MA-150) in which the facilities of Metronome and Transpose are in-built each and every kid must very regularly practice independently daily for one hour in the early hours and another hour in the evening. The aspirant has to attend the music-class weekly thrice on alternate days only. Only after the successful reproduction of the 12 videos of AMS-Primary-Laya-exercises he/she will be admitted into the regular class. Some talented kids could successfully reproduce these 12 videos within a couple of days and others one or two weeks as the case may be. After they are admitted into the regular class they have to practice the 57 videos of AMS-Special-Laya-exercises. The talented kids could successfully reproduce them within a month or two. Till now the aspirants are initiated to learn the newly formulated Jati-alankaras only. Basing upon the instinctive level the kid will also be initiated to play Janta-swaras on the keyboard and also in singing along following the videos AMS-Rhythmelodies etc. All these videos could be downloaded from ‘youtube.com/user/msakella’.

Thus, if these kids are instilled with very high level self-confidence obtained through these very highly disciplined rhythmical exercises each and every kid starts running very fast in learning the further intricacies of our music (till now several items only are taught but not the needed grammar at all to the aspirants). Thus, they are initiated to learn 3 kinds of Janta-swaras, 6 or 8 Sarala-swaras, 3 Datu-swaras, 7 Swara-alankaras both in Chaturashra and Trisra-gatis and also @ 1-2-3-4-6 & 8 notes per beat, 6 Gitas only and one Swarapallavi - all within one month along with the keyboard, metronome and singing along.

Later, they are properly initiated to learn the intricacies of Gamakas through 9 select Varnas by playing the keyboard and singing along @ one note per each second and later @ 4-6-8 notes per beat. Simultaneously they are also initiated to render different Jati-forms which later lead to intricate mathematical Swarakalpana. Later, with the knowledge they acquired they themselves learn Kritis also with the help of the pdf and audio-files. Right from the beginning of Varnas, unless the aspirant very regularly practices for 4 hours a day, it is not that easy either to maintain or to acquire higher standard.

Very briefly this is the plan being implemented very successfully in our institution, Swarabhangima at Secunderabad along with 6 nearby local branches. However, I very much prefer to answer any questions by speaking on Skype. You can please contact my phone number, Land-040-27054232 or Mobile-9908822992 to finalise convenient timings to meet on Skype.

Although I have a Face Book account I always feel allergic and operate it very rarely. amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

To tell the truth I have furnished the end-details very briefly in my last post. But, the very strict logical base behind this – why this must be done in this manner, why not in any other manner, what is the benefit in doing it in this manner, what is the loss in doing it in other manner, in which way this was done previously, what was the loss then and in which w ay that loss was avoided now – this kind of logical thinking only lead to this thumping success of this qualitative methods in learning our music for the first time in the history. All these logicalities or illogicalities come out in open and face to face discussions only.

Unless all these details come out in open discussions people will not become truly knowledgeable of the harmful acts and take proper precautions to avoid them in the high interests of their own kids. By all this the invaluable time, energy and money of the parents will be saved and utilized properly in safeguarding the interests of their own kids. In fact, this is a huge leap for the first time in the history in becoming knowledgeable musicians in such a short time even before the age of 12 years.

To tell the fact, in this KALIYUGA, I cannot repair even myself. However, only by the grace of the Almighty, having become able not only to repair myself but also to help others even in my very limited vicinity, at the least, now, even after around 20 years after my un-successful retirement, I am fully satisfied of my truthful service to my society. amsharma

vasanthakokilam

Post by vasanthakokilam »

Akellaji, understood. Let me just share some free form thoughts. These are not meant to be anything definitive, nor compare/trash any particular parent or teacher. Revisiting the current state of affairs typically do not do anything in terms of achieving the objective. We all know the facts, we will leave it at that. The following is more a 'marketing' thinking, who do we communicate the message for maximal effectiveness.

1) Parents definitely are a good target.
2) The kind of parents who will be convinced of this is important. A parent who wants their kid to just learn enough to sing a song or two on Navrathri, they may not want their kids to spend that much time on this effort. There are others who do not have any music background for whatever reason but do not want their kids to be deprived of this opportunity. Such parents typically take a hands off approach. They will be happy to hear some progress over time. Then there are quite a few tiers of parents with various degrees of familiarity with music. We need to see which 'profile' of a parent is willing to send their kids to this curriculum.
3) Then there are teachers. I can see why a typical teacher would not want this. Let us leave them aside. The target here should be the tier of 'disgruntled teachers', if I may. They can be motivated teachers who for whatever reason want 'an edge' over other teachers. Competition in these matters can be useful. If this method gives the teacher an edge over others, that is something to focus on. Again, the people involved in this effort should totally forget about trashing those who are not going to convert to this method anyway but focus the energies on those 'convertible' ones. This is worth some brain storming.
4) So both parents and teachers are channels. Not all parents and teachers. Figuring out the right target will get you quite far. This is how you have already found quite a bit of success in propagating the AMS method so far.
5) So if you do a work shop, it has to mainly include such parents and teachers. You have already laid out what the method is. As you said, the face to face workshop/session is to help in this evangelizing process.

Anyway, I do not have any specific solutions, just some broad discussion topics. Hope this all contributes to some concrete steps.

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Pranams to all rasikas
I , being witnessed the progress in my swaeroes with this renewed AMS MUSIC TEACHING METHODOLOGIES, request the true parents to look for the quality , not quantity while you choose any music schooling. Utilise this opportunity and tune up your kids minds to scientific music.

msakella

Post by msakella »

My past experience since last many years as a professional-teacher reveals that, in this KALIYUGA, as per the tradition, our music-teachers will not edge over others in teachings but in cheatings.

As you wrote the open discussions only bring out all kinds of points to observe, analyse and find logical solutions in this respect to follow them later.

But, a doctor, even though he/she always treats the patients to remove their ailments, covertly, wishes to be very busy with more patients which indicates the increase in deceases and patients accordingly. In the same manner, even in learning our music, everybody is aware that knowledge of dealing with the notations is the basic to become more efficient in music. However, just like in the above case of doctor, even though all our maestros or legends or experts have all along been teaching/singing and making the aspirants also follow them in singing none of them ever declared openly that notational knowledge is the primary. Besides, none of them had ever given any composition with notation. If at all any musician accidentally gives a composition with notation to his/her kith or kin he/she takes each and every care not to give the respective audio-file. This is our great tradition.

That is why, even though the highly knowledgeable person, Sangitanatak Academy Awardee, Padmabhushan, Sangita Kalanidhi Dr. Shripada Pinakapani also brought out his monumental book, Manodharma Sangitham along with notated Kalpanaswaras and Alapanas of Ragas he also took every care not to supply any respective audio or video-file along with it. Even though he was the first person in the history to bring out such a notated book on Manodharma Sangita he followed a tradition without giving any respective audio-file and the same was honestly followed by the later similar Sangita Kalanidhis also. Ultimately this looks like a ‘marketing strategy’ to be followed in respect of the sale of music books. In this manner I know umpteen examples of most harmful strategies which I do not feel patient enough to write them here but feel convenient to narrate them in any relevant discussion.

Finally, we all shall wish for the success of our brother-member, Sri Munirao’s efforts in arranging the Lec-dem in Chennai in this respect in near future in initiating us to honestly serve our kids though not to fight each other. amsharma

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

vasanthakokilam Sir,

In the present times of great opportunity for the growth and development of Karnataka Sangeetham, Nationally and Globally, the teaching systems and practices need contemporizing. The revised teaching systems and practices have to meet the aspirations and needs of all the stakeholders-student for mastery to practice; teacher to perfect the system to meet the students with varying talents and goal (s); practitioner for higher studies and specialization; scholar and musicologist to research : event manager for professional management and practices; critic for scholarship, specialization and for academic study on music criticism; patron for recognition of merits independently; Practitioner-performer the art & science for intent, content and delivery to achieve the name recognition factor; Opinion maker to recognize and support merit; rasika to gain minimum knowledge and higher knowledge for music appreciation and enjoyment; parents to support talented children to pursue with knowledge, trust and confidence.

'AMS EASY METHODS' will meet the aspirations in a three year time cycle. All the students who want to pursue the learning and practice, will get strengthened to learn independently and also seek the Guru and mentor for specialization and advancement in their practice. This innovative methods will attract higher population to learn, appreciate and enjoy and become rasikas. Karnataka Sangeetham art form will achieve 'critical mass' for appreciation. The identity of elitist in nature will give in to universal appreciation.

The action plan must consist of -Lecture-Demonstrations to 'open' audiences consisting of all the stakeholders. Seminar (s) and panel discussions restricted to practitioners- teachers; scholars;musicologists;performers. Work shops for target groups and specific areas of knowledge and practices. The goal and objective of integrated development with the ideal of best practices of Gurukula; academic; Fast track systems with scientifically worked out systems and methods for teaching and practices-Primary; Secondary and Higher levels, both in private and public institutions.

AMS Sir has a made great start, but regional. All the serious minded, committed and dedicated should make it regional, national at first and global, later. I am working with focus on regional, the second at Chennai, most critical city. With gained experience and support, in other centers-Bengaluru, Tiruvanantapuram, Mumbai, New Delhi and all the other centers. To make it happen, I have appealed. Support is welcome. If members choose not to support, I will be disappointed but will continue my efforts and actions as the chosen cause is very noble.

munirao2001

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear Muniraogaru, Noble persons live up to high ideals and you are one among them. You never need to be disappointed in this noble cause in serving our people. I am always behind you in going along with you in this noble work. We can certainly do miracles in this respect with the full support of the Almighty who has all along been with me always. amsharma

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

Dear Sri AMS garu,

Let the focus be totally on path breaking innovation 'AMS EASY METHODS' -a fast track system and method only. No distraction on the other methods and Great Maestros/Maestros contributions criticism. Request drop the word 'Cheating', a very deeply hurting and resulting in the lack of recognition or rejection of this innovation. The reservation for offering support could also be due to this one of the reason and cause.

The presentation of 'AMS EASY METHODS' should deal with constructive criticism of comparative analysis methodology only. Its merits only should get highlighted to generate appreciation, acceptance and support as yet another great innovation in teaching systems, methods and practices in the history of Karnataka Sangeetham. With achieving perfection, it would also inspire Great Maestro/Maestro of Hindustani music also to innovate on ' ......EASY METHODS'.

munirao2001

Purist

Post by Purist »

msakella wrote:Dear brother-member, vasanthakokilam,

My past experience since last many years as a professional-teacher reveals that, in this KALIYUGA, as per the tradition, our music-teachers will not edge over others in teachings but in cheatings.

. amsharma
Being cynical doen't help the casue in any way and will only meet a dead end. While your personal experiences could have made you feel so ( one is entitled to his/her opinion), it will only be contemptuous to brand all teachers as cheaters.
Any field do have black sheeps. It's worthwhile (and rewarding too) to focus only on the mission taken up, than to
have 'holier than thou' approach.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Dear Purist,

To tell the fact I hate to reply to the person who very conveniently wants remain anonymous but very boldly comes out open to throw brickbats upon others without having sufficient knowledge of the subject.

With all my vast experience in my 77 years of life I can authoritatively tell that a truly efficient, honest and reliable music-teacher never sings himself for more than 1% but initiates the aspirant sing for more than 99% and that such a true teacher has never been born till now. If you show me such a teacher I shall certainly prostrate before him/her.

Many a time I have accused these music-teachers as cheaters and that they are living on their illogical teachings only. If I am wrong why don’t they come out together, arrange a public meeting, call me, prove their innocence and condemn my statements? Till now they could not do it. That itself obviously reveals that they are deliberately cheating the public. Until such time why should I not accuse them cheaters which is an absolute truth.

To tell the fact I was also a piece of the same cloth but realized later, honestly doing the needful and became cynical by their adamant, harmful and highly selfish attitudes only.

However, your wish to meet dead end already failed and always fails.

Believe it or not, only under the able direction of the Almighty my body always acts. Failure or success is not mine but of the Almighty only. amsharma

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

I am not anonymous.

Consider this...

I watch great, elder musicians whose music I love and whom I respect very much indeed. I also see their students, and appreciate them too. They are in a life-long relationship with their gurus.

According to you, " all the teachers since many years have been looting the public taking advantage of their ignorance of the actual facts."

You are insulting the entire musical establishment, including those many of us revere, and those who are our teachers too.

This is the truth, ugly though it may be: I do not see this project receiving support, due to your all-too-often-repeated all-included insults.

It is a shame. Your accomplishments are perhaps unique, but it is only you that has created this situation

Munirao, you are a great supporter of new thought and new ideas, and I am very sorry to bring this negative note to your thread, but it is what is know as the elephant in the room, the great enormous thing that nobody likes to mention. I have mentioned it.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Personally I am not at all against any music-teacher but dead against the illogical and harmful methods in the teachings wastefully elongating the process of learning music for many years thus also wasting their invaluable time, energy and money of the aspirant. This I can prove at any time and place.

Instead of feeling tired, bored and bad of my accusations why don’t all these music-teachers come together, arrange a meeting in the great Music Academy, Chennai, call me, prove their innocence, condemn my wrong statements and punish me suitably? They can never do that until I am alive as it leads to spill out their own beans very badly affecting their own images in the society.

My main aim has never been to wantonly accuse my co-musicians or co-music-teachers and insult them. My main aim has always been to help the poor aspirants and their parents who have all along been made the scape-goats to these so-called music-teacher-cheaters.

By the grace of the Almighty, I am always ready to face any kind of consequences in this respect at this fag end of my life. amsharma

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

Nick.H.,

It is not negative note. It is openly conversing and conveying the feelings. It is far better than keeping silent and suffering. I did request the great maestro to present only the comparative analysis of other systems and methods with AMS EASY METHODS and he has agreed.

munirao2001

msakella

Post by msakella »

To put an end to this affair and also to make benefit to the music-students’ community all over the globe I propose the following:

01. I shall keep Rs.2,00,000/- (Rs.Two lakhs only) with the Secretary, Music academy, Chennai, Dr. Pappu Venugopalarao.

02. In the same manner the representatives of all the music-teachers also keep Rs.1,00,000/- (Rs. One lakh only) with the same person as above, thus, amounting to Rs. 3,00,000/- (Rs. Three lakhs only).

03.A convenient date shall be fixed to hold a meeting in the Music Academy, Chennai to dicuss the logicalities or the illogicalities of both the systems in teaching/learning our music to the aspirants.

04. In the end of this meeting which system is more logical and more helpful to the aspirants in learning our music will be declared as the winner and, thus, this winner gets all the amount of Rs. 3,00,000/- (Rs. Three lakhs only).

If all the above is acceptable to both parties the entire process must be undertaken and finished within 30 days starting from this day and, later, both the parties must invariably follow the winner-system in teaching/learning music for the benefit of the aspirants all over the globe. amsharma

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Pranams to all.
From the past, we just learn a new lesson and act according to the needs of present which should certainly sustain for the future. Being seen many of my relatives spending rs. 1000 per class in which they used to learn only PALLAVI and next day without revising they spent again thousand. Together just for a varnam which may be having pallavi, anupallavi, muktayi charanam and chittaswarams costing nearly 20k minimum and resulting imperfection. Is this tolerable? What do we name it? Its ok if money is lost. But what about the productive time?
That was past for me and recent past I witnessed my NOVICE KIDS taking a gaint leap with guruji's scientific methodology ( uploaded videos).
Let me now share the real instance. Among these kids , one was not getting chaturasram to trisram. Guruji left him for his trials (kid's) for the first day. Next morning, guruji asked me to call the kid who was lagging behind and discovered then and there a new method and made the kid get eased to trisram too. That was really amazing. How many teachers do this? And that too at this age? What is he getting from that? Extra money? Extra fame? All are nullified infront of the real satisfaction of making the baby bird to fly with its own wing to a mommy bird . When nature itself designed such for the phenonmeno of growing by self how foolish we are to curb the wings in the name? So I strongly feel that this system will definately help the next generations to flourish self in music, conserve and preserve for the next generations.no doubt that its going to be fruitful. there is no need of mirror to look how good is your bracelet on you.
Lets me join my hand for this noble cause.
lastly its not an act of supporting an individual but an act of supporting individuality.THE SYSTEMATISATION

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Adding to my earlier post, before or after aquiring the post of teacher, every music teacher is a mom or dad. So, think twice before teaching others kids. No mom or dad will be cutting or accepts to cut their kid's wings. Sounds barbaric!!.
Wellbeing of a family leads to wellbeing of neighbourhood leading to wellbeing of a colony to village to state to country- to the world. LOKAH SAMASTA SUKHINOBHAVANTU. This is the royal cause and job of sri AMS garu, Sri Munirao garu, Sri . Vasanthakokilam garu. I bow everyone who supports this. I wanna be the SQUIRREL helping out to construct SANGEETHA SETHU.

Pratyaksham Bala

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

This is becoming more and more sickening.

I am reminded of one Raja Vaidhyar who used to advertise his unique method of treatment in the same tone and manner. He too used to curse all other systems of medicine and proclaim that he was specially selected and blessed by the God Almighty with a miracle system of medicine ! He too used to advertise offering Rs.1 lac prize money !

Incidentally, I wonder, with all these vigorous negative marketing, how many rasikas ventured to adopt this method of teaching for their kids ! But, one thing is noticeable -- almost all other music teachers who were members of rasikas.org have been driven away. The 'Music School' section is now dominated by one teacher. A cursory look of 2009-2010 would highlight the present-day domination.

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

No need for challenges and counter challenges, both are uncalled for and unhelpful to the cause. Only results matter and count.
Only the result of revolutionary change in learning and critical mass appreciation of Karnataka Sangeetham will confirm the efficiency of any innovation. If the results also establishes Vidwans and Vidushees with great promise as practitioners and potential maestros, the excellence will be recognized and adopted.

Let us end the discussion on the systems and methods very well established. Focus only on 'AMS EASY METHODS' and ' LEC-DEMO-CHENNAI', please.

Now, I request forumites to confirm their pledges and support.

munirao2001

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

I think the mudslinging on each other should be stopped.The earlier established system has produced many young musicians who are already performing now.However AMS easy methods should be given a fair chance and supported.It may produce more number of rasikas as well as performers.It is a matter of time as to how many will take to carnatic music career,because it is not just learning but the passion for music which makes musicians and rasikas.

pattamaa

Post by pattamaa »

I'm all for exploring new and better avenues, but calling others cheats doesn't reflect on the personality of senior musician... vidya datati vinayam..

There is no need to challenge current system, which is time tested... No need to compare also...One need to provide more awareness and get more support. that's it...Let's everyone be positively focused.

cacm

Post by cacm »

To me this is the usual procedure many UNSUCCESSFUL critics& musicians have followed thru' the ages. There is a long list of very capable& knowledgeable persons starting with Rangaramanuja Iyengar (who I consider to be almost equivalent to the BEST) & Subbudu (EASILY among the worst). Public acceptance of platform music is a worthy subject that should be discussed as a separate topic.....VKV

sastrydevarakonda

Post by sastrydevarakonda »

Namaste members of this music forum,
I have been writing my experiences in the column AMS Easy methods, 2007, for the past one year.
I just wanted to express few points in support of the dedicated music lovers and learners. As I have been in the similiar system of learning for quite long time and when I have adopted AMS easy methods, I have been able to see good progress in my output, and confidant to progress further, even the day-to-day routine family life.

Really Salutes to Sri AMS garu for his untiring effort, to make music lovers aware about the proper system of learning music, without wasting money and time, running after the traditional schools, that too in the potential age group.

Truly Manodharma sangeetam has to be induced into the learning system even in the traditional, Sarali, janta etc, inculcating music thinking even in these basic lessons.

Let all work in this favour of Sri AMS - Music for ambitious people, let the divine music be properly learned through proper system.
Sastry.

vgovindan

Post by vgovindan »

msakella wrote:........both the parties must invariably follow the winner-system in teaching/learning music for the benefit of the aspirants all over the globe. amsharma
Very disturbing.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

pmantra, I am not such an outsider or newcomer to this culture, or so naive, that I do not understand that there are teachers who sell music by the line, and/or refuse to reveal lessons to other than a select (possibly family) few. Coming from a foreign land, I have heard many stories (although more in dance than in music) of this selling by the pound, and at a higher price to foreigners, even if they are purely Tamil foreigners. There are, indeed, more than a few disillusioned would-be learners. I have no more problem with attacking such teachers than I have with attacking those who sell bad cars at good prices.

I may be wrong, but I do not think that msakella is actually talking about the pure rogues and those who may not be so bad but take advantage to take a little more cash. He, at least according to his words, is talking about all [carnatic] music teachers. That is what he repeatedly says, especially in recent years, in his posts. Repeatedly repeatedly.

msakella, you offer an invitation in the form of a challenge, and you insult those that you invite. Would you go to the house of someone who insults you? Why should they? Why should they invite you into their house?

It is such a shame that your knowledge and ability gets lost in all this. All you need to do is to cut a paragraph or two, and you may find people willing to debate. Believe it or not, I am trying to be helpful here. But the current approach will not work. Clue: has it worked so far?

Even a vegetarian can cook their own goose.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

munirao2001 wrote:Nick.H.,

It is not negative note. It is openly conversing and conveying the feelings. It is far better than keeping silent and suffering. I did request the great maestro to present only the comparative analysis of other systems and methods with AMS EASY METHODS and he has agreed.

munirao2001
Thank you for your understanding.

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Nick H
I just shared my experience with past and present scene.
As a child, i am benefitted with all his combinatorics which made me more creative and withstand till today in music. Renewed researches produced new teaching methodology than what i have learnt. It was proved very recently in music camp of my dept in which all the 10 highly talented kids could do wonders. Many kids might be there goibally who has extraordinary calibre which should not be wasted. This is what I feel.
Dr. Prasanna

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

pmantra wrote:Nick H
I just shared my experience with past and present scene.
As a child, i am benefitted with all his combinatorics which made me more creative and withstand till today in music. Renewed researches produced new teaching methodology than what i have learnt. It was proved very recently in music camp of my dept in which all the 10 highly talented kids could do wonders. Many kids might be there goibally who has extraordinary calibre which should not be wasted. This is what I feel.
Dr. Prasanna
No problem. Please, for his own sake, get him to leave out the insults, the rubbishing of everybody else's way of doing things. It will be good for all.

msakella

Post by msakella »

Accidentally I have missed to include few important points in my earlier post in respect of the proposed contest. They are furnished hereunder:

05. All the music-teachers have to nominate three music-teachers among them to act on behalf of all the music-teachers following the traditional system of teaching/learning.

06. In case, if I win this contest, I shall donate the amount of Rs.1,00,000/- (Rs. One lakh only) deposited by the other party to the Music Academy, Chennai for the propagation of the AMS Easy Methods in learning our music.

I have myself proposed for this contest on 02-06-2015 and I shall wait for the positive response from the other music-teachers up to 6-00 am on 08-06-2015. If I do not receive any response this proposal stands cancelled forthwith. amsharma

msakella

Post by msakella »

All the music-teachers on the globe are my brothers and sisters. I never intend to insult any of them in any manner. But, if they do not teach the needful to the aspirants in truly making the aspirants knowledgeable in music but spoil making them musically disabled by their inefficient and harmful methods in teaching I cannot tolerate but accuse them accordingly. If they feel it as insult let them rectify their defects in their methods in teaching and teach better.

If any person is accused as a culprit that is his/her responsibility to do the needful to get that blemish removed. But, very sadly, all the knowledgeable and honourable gentlemen, instead of saving our kids from the harmful acts of these music-teachers/cheaters are supporting these culprits who are overtly or covertly making the aspirants disabled in music. This represents the real KALIYUGA. amsharma

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Sr munirao garu
pls lemme know to which account I should transact my amounts for this noble cause and how much?
I am interested in this lec- demo
Dr. Prasanna Mantraratnam.

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

pmantra garu,

Please confirm the pledge amount now. If the pledges are received for conducting the Chennai event -min.INR 50,000/- for a half a day program and INR 1,00,000/- for the full day program, I shall take the necessary further action of selecting the non-profit organization and event manager, with consensus of contributing rasikas. The amount to be transferred to the designated account of NPO, when the request for transfer is made. I also request you to motivate discerning and committed rasikas and patrons well known to you to join the cause.

munirao2001

pmantra

Post by pmantra »

Sure sir
I commit rs. 2000 for now and it may be more when the request is made for tranferring the amounts.
Dr. Prasanna Mantraratnam.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

msakella wrote:All the music-teachers on the globe are my brothers and sisters. I never intend to insult any of them in any manner. But, if they do not teach the needful to the aspirants in truly making the aspirants knowledgeable in music but spoil making them musically disabled by their inefficient and harmful methods in teaching I cannot tolerate but accuse them accordingly. If they feel it as insult let them rectify their defects in their methods in teaching and teach better.

If any person is accused as a culprit that is his/her responsibility to do the needful to get that blemish removed. But, very sadly, all the knowledgeable and honourable gentlemen, instead of saving our kids from the harmful acts of these music-teachers/cheaters are supporting these culprits who are overtly or covertly making the aspirants disabled in music. This represents the real KALIYUGA. amsharma
No hope of any change in your posts then. I'm sad about that.

Nothing further to say.

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

AMS garu
saving our kids from the harmful acts of these music-teachers/cheaters
. Belief is clouding the insight.

To change, remedy is opportunity to present, demonstrate and create following with commendable results of practitioners of great merits, at least comparable with the established teaching systems and methods ;Karnataka Sangeetham mass appreciation of new found rasikas. Failure could lead to face the reversal of 'saving our kids from the harmful acts of this/these music-teacher (s)/cheater (s)'.

Rasikas, let us attempt at bringing change and remedy, please post your pledge amount.

munirao2001

msakella

Post by msakella »

Any person who treats both the parties equally and do the needful equally becomes a gentleman, I hope. But, funnily, always, each and every Tom and Dick is coming out to find fault with me only but not with the real culprits. What do you think of me? What is wrong with it if I call a thief ‘thief’? Let him/her prove himself/herself not a thief. Until such time I shall certainly call him ‘thief’. That too not with any enmity or anger or hatred or any other unwanted thing at all but expecting a real change in him/her which helps both the person and the society at large.

I am a knowledgeable-music-teacher at the age of 77 years and I, without singing Sa or Pa even once in any of the classes, can very efficiently make the aspirant sing amazingly within a very short time unlike any other music-teacher on earth. If any other such knowledgeable-music-teacher tells me I shall certainly obey him/her. If not why should I obey? Never expect me, dear, to obey. amsharma

vvssaraswathi

Post by vvssaraswathi »

Namaste to all members of Rasikas.org

As I understand Sri AMS garu is trying to point out the system, but not pin pointing any music teachers. As we understand from his statements, he always feel that he also has wasted many years and wasted time of many youngsters. In the olden system, a person would take more than 10 years to stabilize in music where as in this system, it is only less than 3-4 years. He talks not only about others, but also about himself. This reveals his honesty. By God's grace , innovative methods were introduced which made life easier and can serve public in all means, positively. His intention is to reduce the time span of learning music which will save energy, money and time for all aspirants and parents as well, but not to point out any person in specific.

Even at this age, we see that he is creating more and more methods, which are available to public.

We also have seen many children coming up and learning music in these methods and able to understand and perform in short span of time.

So, definitely, this lecture demonstration would be helpful for many people and as Sri Munirao garu said, this can be only a comparative analysis , which will help the aspirants in all means.

I am ready to contribute Rs 2000 towards this noble cause.

Regards
Saraswathi