Naada Neeraajanam- TTD TV channel - Daily 6.15 pm

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
kssr

Re: Naada Neeraajanam- TTD TV channel - Daily 6.15 pm

Post by kssr »

Yesterday there was a very good concert by a young lady Lakshmi (could not get the surname)from Sydney. It was nice to listen to Kedaragowla elaboration. There are also recent threads on some Sydney music festival. It seems to be developing into another hub of CM. Wonder whose's disciple Lakshmi is. Also means that there is a good tradition thriving in Australia. Very heartening and happy.

arasi

Post by arasi »

kssr,
And London!

Yes, Priya Ram, Dubai too, as is NZ!

sitaky

Post by sitaky »

Her name is Lakshmi kumaraguruparan. I too enjoyed her concert. The accompanists were also good.i was not able to search further details about her, though curious to know her guru.The mridangist was N.C. Bharadwaj.The violinist was also good but couldn't catch his name.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

S.V.sudarsan was the violinist.yes she sang well.her rendition of ranganayakeem in nAyaki was enjoyable.seems to have a good guru,whoever it is !

priyaram78

Post by priyaram78 »

Today could fortunately watch Priya Sisters concert in SVBC channel. Hope to attend a 'live' concert while I am in Chennai and get enthralled once again.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Priyaram, Can you give the song list of today's prog.

priyaram78

Post by priyaram78 »

Wish I could.....but I was occupied with some chores so could not sit and jot down the songs. Enjoyed their renditions nevertheless.

sitaky

Post by sitaky »

Here's the link to their concert.An enjoyable one. http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=hKHJ9oNDz5U

CRama

Post by CRama »

Thank you Priyaram and Sitaky. Heard the concert. Excellent. Waiting for their concert in Bhakti Utsav this week in Narada Gana Aabha.

espras

Post by espras »

The highlight of the concert was the superb accompaniment on the mrudangam by Patri Satish Kumar. Purushothaman on the khanjari was quite good too.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Listened to an impressive performance of Sri. Vittal Ramamurthy and team in today's nada neeraajanam. He had seven additional violins , two girls vocal , a mridangam and one tabla. There were also two tamburas. How they first of all tuned all the instruments to the same Sruti is in itself an achievement. ( I am reminded of an incident. A few years back when SRI. MSG was asked if he would like a tambura artist, he politely declined saying that they already have three violins to tune- his, Narmada's and also his son's !!)

Besides being a top rung artist, I am sure that it will give sri. Ramamurthy great pleasure to be able to train so many students and pass on the valuable knowledge and tradition. The two vocalists also took some challenging songs and sang very well, including a Meera abhang(?!).

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

mIrA did not compose abhangs - abhangs are in marAThi, composed by the marAThi equivalent of haridAsas from karnATakA.
mIrA composed in brij bhAsa mixed with rAjasthAni, and in hindi her compositions are called bhajan(s) or pad(s) (poem)

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

Dear KSSR,

Vittal ramamurthy is not featured much in Bangalore.A top notch accompanist heard often in Chennai and some times overseas.Hope Bangalore Gayana Samaja,Nadasurabhi and other organisations feature this great artist.

kssr

Post by kssr »

rshankar wrote:mIrA did not compose abhangs - abhangs are in marAThi, composed by the marAThi equivalent of haridAsas from karnATakA.
mIrA composed in brij bhAsa mixed with rAjasthAni, and in hindi her compositions are called bhajan(s) or pad(s) (poem)
But that is what the announcer said, if I am not very much mistaken :)

kssr

Post by kssr »

I hope that many of you would have listened to Sri.TVG yesterday. The ideas that he has got are really amazing. The highlight was a portion where Sri.TVG played mridangam as an accompanist to the violinist. The song was Aanandamrutha karshini. Sri.TVG actually could play the saahityam itself in mridangam. Interestingly when swarams were played, he played the same swaras from the left thoppi itself. Strokes were made with his right hand on the left side of the instrument and the left hand gave different levels of pressure on the leather to produce the different swaras. First time seeing the effect that was produced in such a close up. I have seen something similar in case of thavil.

Although Music Academy does not give sangeetha kalanidhi for a particular reason like mridangam, violin , etc but just for lifetime contribution to Carnatic music ( I guess I am right), Sri.TVG definitely deserves one even exclusively for his mridangam.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

"Although Music Academy does not give sangeetha kalanidhi for a particular reason like mridangam, violin , etc but just for lifetime contribution to Carnatic music ( I guess I am right), Sri.TVG definitely deserves one even exclusively for his mridangam."

I don't quite understand. Sri. TVG was awarded SK last year. Are you suggesting something different pl?

kssr

Post by kssr »

Yes. I am aware of the award last year. Most deserving. His mridangam is mesmerizing.

Incidentally, why not more than one sangeetha kalanidhi to the same person in different years for different areas of contribution? Was not Madame Curie given two Nobels?!!

sitaky

Post by sitaky »

Dear Rasikas, Happened to see Sri Patri Satish Kumar's Mrindanga Laya vinyasam and savoured every moment. I feel humbled to review the artistes or speak in such august company about the concert. Anyway I am providing the link to enjoy.
http://www.yourepeat.com/watch/?v=dG1RvMCTI6A
Sita krishnamoorthy

kssr

Post by kssr »

Last evening on the last day of Godavari Pushkaram, Dr.BMK was felicitated by the CM and other dignitaries with shawls, plaque, envelope, etc., Then there was his concert.

Dr.BMK introduced the first item to be in the ragam Pushkara Godavari. Further said "Godavari, Nadhi- Pushkaram (something else)' Everyone incl accompanists thought that it was part of the speech. But that was the song. Slowly the violinist recovered. It was just a brief song as the second line itself was something Murali...

Next Dr.BMK sang a brief raga for Hindolam. Even today, absolutely melodious. Then he asked his vocal support man to continue. He just poured on the listeners two bucketsful of apaswaram, in his so called alapanai. Then there was violin followed by alapanai by the other accompanying artist in Whistle. This surprisingly was suswaram. Actually nice.

I decided to proceed for my walk, just recalling the several brilliant concerts of this great artist that I had an opportunity to listen to as a student and immediately after college in Trichy, Thanjavur and Hyderabad in the 70s. How many Nagumomus have I listened and pancharatnams not to forget even Oru naaL podhuma which he used to sing casually in concerts!!

From the bottom of my heart, I prayed for his good health. Even seeing him on TV was a pleasure. May he also be blessed with a better set of sishyas!!

kssr

Post by kssr »

Vivek Sadasivam fro Bangalore 7.12.15

1. Gaana moorthe
2. Bhajana seya raada- dharmavathi
3. santhanagopala krishna - kamaas
4. Ramachandram bhavayami- Vasantha
5. mohanam main- naarayana - p.sivan

Very impressive programme.
One of the promising bangalore upcoming artists.
Originally sri. R.N.Thyagarajan 'student. last time i was told that he has taken residence in chennai to train under sanjay sub.
A gentleman of his grandfather's age is on violin. Uses his exclusive manodharmam even while following vivek.
Mmridangam, a tirupathi artist is quite supportive.
Vivek chose very slow tempo for the first three. Vasantha speeded up.
Mohanam by nature is difficult to negotiate in a error free way. Vivek doing his best.
Wish the youngster a great musical future.

CRama

Post by CRama »

I heard this concert. Vivek has got good potential and powerful voice. He will come up well.

munirao2001

Post by munirao2001 »

Sri Vivek Sadasivam is disciple of his father and guru Sri Sadasivam, a maestro and later the sishya of Sri RNT and Sri SS, now.
Sri Pudukottai Ramanathan on Violin and Sri Sudhakar on Mridangam were accompanists and both are very senior vidwans and teachers,are highly respected.
Hearing him after a lapse of time, yesterday, I noticed change in his higher focus on classicism (true to Sri Sadasivam's class) to attractive presentation technique in line with the other young and upcoming vidwans and vidushees. Hailing from the family of musicians with Mudduswamy Deekshita's compositions sampradaya, I was surprised with madhyamakala, with tilt to turita kala rendition of 'Ramachandram Bhavayami'. Sampradaya of this kruthi is in vilamba kala and Vasanta in all its splendor and majesty. This aesthetic was given amiss with 'Thyagarajization' rendition.
I wish that this highly talented vidwan gains in vidwath rooted in the teachings of Sri Sadasivam, Smt.Revathy Sadasivam (Mother & also Guru) and Sri RNT, also gaining the cutchery presentation skills of Sri SS.

munirao2001

hydkarthik

Post by hydkarthik »

Namaskaram,

I am a B-high grade vocalist, a disciple of Late N.S.Srinivasan currently learning from Sri A S Murali.

I am performing for Nada Neerajanam on 29th of this month. Please watch the live telecast of the programme on Sri Venkateswara Bhakthi Channel (TTD-SVBC) between 6 PM and 7.30 PM.

You can also watch it online at
http://svbc.tirumala.org/ or
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJzMwNIqA9Q

Regards,
B Sai Karthikeya
+91-9840930484

cienu

Post by cienu »

Wishing you all the very best Sai Karthikeya for your performance.

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

It was crisp and enjoyable.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

Specially the Lathangi krithi Vemkataramana.

kssr

Post by kssr »

View the amazing sukanya ramgopal playing kunthalavarali in her ghata tharangam. To be seen to be believed.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Mudikondan Ramesh veena at the moment in svbc. Brilliant. Pls listen.

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Yes, Mudikondan Ramesh with his daughter Soumya.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

Nice concert. Sowmya's vocal support added to the quality of the renditions.

ganeshkant

Post by ganeshkant »

I too enjoyed Ramesh's Sankarabharanam & Namavali Govinda hari govinda in ragamalika.his meettu was sweet.The tani by Chertala AK & PKR was v.g.

Now Gopika Varma's mohiniyattam in progress.nice to watch.was able to sing along esp.the bahudhari swarajathi.was in a good slow tempo.good learning experience.

kunthalavarali

Post by kunthalavarali »

A Narayanan's concert is on. Whose desciple is he? My guess is TNS.

CRama

Post by CRama »

I too heard this concert. Very good.

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Today's (24 Sep Saturday) program was Haridwaramangalam A K Palanivel (Tavil) and party on a 'Melam, ensemble. It was quite enjoyable.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Today (19 Oct) Gayathri Girish programme is there in SVBC at 6 P.M.

Yesterday V.R Dileep Kumar presented a very good concert. The main was Sreenivasa in Hamsanandi with elaborate alapana, neraval and swaram.

hnbhagavan

Post by hnbhagavan »

A.Narayan is the disciple of S P Ramh who is Lalgudi sir's disciple.

kssr

Post by kssr »

One Smt. Swetha Prasad is presenting a vocal concert at the moment. Very soothing, good music of high quality in all respects. Just concluded Goverdhan Gireesham in Hindolam.
I have never come across her name in Bangalore in all these years. What a loss.
Now Brindaavana saarangapani. Main is yet to come. If anyone can throw light about this artist, it would be nice. She definitely needs attention.

kssr

Post by kssr »

One Smt. Swetha Prasad is presenting a vocal concert at the moment. Very soothing, good music of high quality in all respects. Just concluded Goverdhan Gireesham in Hindolam.
I have never come across her name in Bangalore in all these years. What a loss.
Now Brindaavana saaranga. Main is yet to come. If anyone can throw light about this artist, it would be nice. She definitely needs attention.

kssr

Post by kssr »

Chitraveena Ravikiran at his best. Hamsaanandi followed by detailed Kedaragowla . Now Marugelaraa.

kssr

Post by kssr »

As requested by sitaky.

I remember only few
Paavanaguru Hamsaanandi
Saraguna paalimpa in kedaragowla
Marugelara Jeyantasri
Keeravaani song not known
Behag song unknown
Sree venkatagireesam Suruti

jodha

Post by jodha »

Violin by Mangalampally Suryadeepthi.Below average.a full bench accompaniment.A woman sitting side by sings gritting her teeth and out of sruti at times.

SabashBale

Post by SabashBale »

Not to mention a man putting a double-beat talam for the Narayani Alapana :roll:

kssr

Post by kssr »

Right now Kumari Ananya Ashok is presenting a good concert. Clean sruti alignment, nice voice. Main Hamrkalyani Venkata Saila vihaaraa.
Artist worth following.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Whenever I am India, I try to catch this program in the evening. I am often surprised and pleased to hear some good music from veterans and young artistes alike. If the program isn't my cup of tea, I just switch the TV off.

Here are some of the things which strike me about the program this year:

1: This unwelcome feature is also seen in music halls and some other TV programs. The backdrop or background to the stage has over-ornamentation and glaring colors. Previously, there was a nearly monochromatic effect, sculptures looking simple and calming.

With the new design, there is a riot of colors and flourishes. In a concert, add to it the various colors artistes and even the mrudngam wear!

In a dance recital, it's worse. The graceful movements and postures are barely visible against busy patterns and exploding colors. You get the feeling as if you can't see the performances at all, even though you are seated right in front of the TV!

If only they have a smaller icon (two dimensional) VenkatESwarA and the saints adorning the top of the screen, the plain background would lend a calming feeling for the viewers. If the present images are shifted to FACE the stage, the artistes can view them too, and don't have ho show their backs to them.

2: As for the women announcers, why are they wearing heavy long angavastrAs these days as men wear (which looks nice over their kurtAs)? Looks cumbersome to me!

3: Do appreciate the announcements. However, the running letters do not announce the name of the accompanists at all. You have to wait till the end to hear them announced, if you don't know them...

CRama

Post by CRama »

Of late, I had heard some very good concerts in this programme. Yesterday it was Pantula Rama. Excellent concert as always you can expect from her. Anuragamuleni with neraval swarams, Nannu vidachi with alapana, Main was Geetarthamu with very imaginative raga alapana, neraval and swarams.

arasi

Post by arasi »

CRama,
What a shame! Every day I've been hoping for her to be there before I left India. Yesterday, had visitors till after seven and missed her :(

arasi

Post by arasi »

Just switched TTD on. A dance program is on. A calmer backdrop from two days ago! Is it because this is an old event repeated?? Let me wait and see...

vsarmaiitm

Post by vsarmaiitm »

arasi wrote: 15 Feb 2017, 16:19 CRama,
What a shame! Every day I've been hoping for her to be there before I left India. Yesterday, had visitors till after seven and missed her :(
Arasi ji,
You can still watch it @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-FoDxYJsbA

They are uploading all their programs on youtube @ https://www.youtube.com/user/svbcttd/videos

vsarmaiitm

Post by vsarmaiitm »

Complete monthly schedule is available @ http://www.svbcttd.com/Nani%20Schedule.html

arasi

Post by arasi »

Deleted.
Last edited by arasi on 16 Feb 2017, 19:02, edited 1 time in total.