Priya sisters MMU 2015

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
Swami

Priya sisters MMU 2015

Post by Swami »

Isai Perarignar title has to confer to our beloved Priya Sisters .. Priya sisters giving full justice to Tamil kritis... Irrespective of their mother tongue Telugu , they presented many compositions of various Vaggeyakara ( kavikunjara Bharati , ghanam krishna Iyer , Papanasam Sivan , Koteswara Iyer , oothukaadu Venkata Kavi , Koteswara Iyer , Gopala Krishna Bharati , tiruvarur Ramaswamy Pillai ) ...

Who will forget their Tamil tukkadas 😍😍❤️❤️ ...

Note : kind request , if u r interest pls listen.. I don't want any sarcastic comments to be posted in this topic...... Kindly refrain from posting any nasty comments...

HarishankarK

Re: Priya sisters MMU 2015

Post by HarishankarK »

I just simply love the music of Priya sisters - they follow paddati, have great coordination, always sing lovely vrittams and are like a perfect combo of GNB style plus loads of sukha bhaavam added -first half is very classical and then they sing lighter pieces all of the compositions chiselled to perfection by the duo - hope they keep singing like this for a long long time.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Thanks for the links. I listened to them now, after a long time. They did a very good job of an all tamizh songs concert. They were sweet-sounding of course, and sang tamizh lyrics with ease. There was clarity and bhAva in their presentation. I liked the way they answered Subhashree's questions: their making Chennai home, their learning from TRS, being inspired by him, by Nedunuri in his guidance about rAgA singing, and Radha and Jayalakshmi (for the duo-singing part, I guess). A tamizh virutham is a challenge when your mother tongue it isn't, and it was done very well. A tad long, but it's bhairavi tail end was designed to blend in with Sivan's bhairavi kriti thAyE Ezhai pAl dayai seyvAyE, I guess.

Swami

Post by Swami »

Yes mam.. azagiya mayil nee aadivaa Muruga is missing... They sang Madurai somu famous composition...

Abhirami anthathi viruttam was nice..