Rahul Vellal for SVBC

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
kvchellappa

Rahul Vellal for SVBC

Post by kvchellappa »

This has been posted in youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPPeJnl ... lapIx8z8KE

A comment thereunder is: "Balakrishnan Raghupathy:
"Atrocious!. How does he remember all songs at such a tender age? My 15 month grand daughter's morning diet is a full dose of Gayathri Akka and Rahul Anna's songs. She gets exited whenever Rahul appears in the TV. What a gifted child!"

CRama

Re: Rahul Vellal for SVBC

Post by CRama »

Atrocious- to mean fantastic here. :D

Watched the yt. Wonderful. Most of the songs popularised by MS. The manodharmam element he has shown in the neraval and swarams in Paramapurusha (Shanmugapriya) is belying his age and experience. Wishing a very glorious future for the boy.

HarishankarK

Post by HarishankarK »

atrocious
/əˈtrəʊʃəs/
adjective
horrifyingly wicked.
"atrocious cruelties"
synonyms: brutal, barbaric, barbarous, brutish, savage, vicious, wicked, cruel, nasty, ruthless, merciless, villainous, murderous, heinous, nefarious, monstrous, base, low, low-down, vile, inhuman, infernal, dark, black, black-hearted, fiendish, hellish, diabolical, ghastly, horrible; More
of a very poor quality; extremely bad or unpleasant.
"he attempted an atrocious imitation of my English accent"
synonyms: appalling, dreadful, terrible, very bad, unpleasant, lamentable, woeful, miserable, poor, inadequate, unsatisfactory; More

CRama

Post by CRama »

Ignore the word atrocious. Read the rest of the comments

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

We do not know slang. Some thirty years back, when someone said 'wicked' of a good thing, I was appalled. But my children still not in their teens explained to me that 'wicked' meant good. That was the time the album 'Wicked' by Michael Kackson was the rage.
Obviously, the idea here is something similar (though not into any lexicon yet), but as rightly observed by CR, it is irrelevant.

Sachi_R

Post by Sachi_R »

My B-I-L lives in Canada. As you know, most Indians have a robust defence against all kinds of bugs and viruses but lose the immunity when they go abroad. And they develop another big vulnerability. The attack of Firang accents and way of talking.

BIL recently described something as "funny". I said the word may offend the person who was connected with it. His daughter/my niece tells me, "Uncle, funny means really good."

Wow. Atrocious.