Smt Nirmala Ramasubramanian (wife of Sri MKR) is no more

Remembering musicians of the recent past
cienu

Smt Nirmala Ramasubramanian (wife of Sri MKR) is no more

Post by cienu »

I regret to inform all rasikas that Smt Nirmala Ramasubramanian, wife of Sri M.K. Ramasubramanian (MKR) passed away on Nov 30th - 2018.
Heartfelt condolences to all family members.

In this connection please find below a link to the MSS Centenary Celebrations held in Philadelphia on Sep 10 2016 in which you can see Nirmala Mami and Ramesh Mama sharing their precious memories

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv_NF5QLSes&t=450s

Condolences may be emailed to : mkram38@gmail.com
Last edited by cienu on 01 Dec 2018, 11:23, edited 2 times in total.

rajeshnat

Re: Smt Nirmala Ramasubramanian (wife of MKR) is no more

Post by rajeshnat »

Sorry to hear Smt Nirmala passing away, very sad news . Personally had one day of great memory when she and mkr sir called me for lunch in their home in US.I spent few hours talking with her .She goes gA gA especially with the music of few greats especially MS amma , she has been a great host to many many musicians. She also participated in few rasikas meet in nageswaran house and also was there for the follow up concerts . Condolences to MKR sir and his extended family.

kvchellappa

Post by kvchellappa »

Sad.

CRama

Post by CRama »

Sincere condolences to MKR and his family.

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

Heartfelt condolences to MKR and family members.

rshankar

Re: Smt Nirmala Ramasubramanian (wife of Sri MKR) is no more

Post by rshankar »

Mama,
My sincere and heartfelt condolences, to you and the rest of your family. I’m so sorry to hear the news. Hard to believe that Mami, the very vibrant and full-of-life Mami is no more. May her soul rest in peace.

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

So sorry... so sad for Sri MKR.

Condolences to all family and friends.

arasi

Post by arasi »

How sad! I can't picture Ramesh without Nirmala. They complemented each other so. Two rasikAs taking CM with them to the US, cherishing and nourishing it there in organizing and hosting it, as CM took its roots there. Their relationship with MS's family is precious, certainly.
Our thoughts are with you Ramesh and family. May her soul rest in peace.

Also, this sad news, soon after Ponbhairavi's demise :(

nadhasudha

Post by nadhasudha »

Shri MKR,

Please accept my heartfelt condolences. I have not had the pleasure of meeting her, but I have learned much about her through your writings on this forum. I can only imagine how trying these time are for you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you and family.

bombal

Post by bombal »

our heartfelt condolences to Sri MKR and his family members. Prayers for mAmi's AthmA to attain mukthi

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Very sorry to hear. My heartfelt condolences to sri MKR avl and family.

shankarank

Post by shankarank »

Sincere condolences to SrI MKR sir and his family. I have not met them, but listened to both of them online , thanks to MSS centenary events.

mohan

Post by mohan »

Sincere condolences to Sr MKR and family

ram1999

Post by ram1999 »

Heartfelt condolences to Sri MKR and family !

Ranganayaki

Post by Ranganayaki »

Sincere condolences to Sri MKR.

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

Sincere condolences to MKR mama. I can see so many posts written by him about mami in the archives. Our prayers are with you during this time.

GNB_LGJ_PR

Post by GNB_LGJ_PR »

MKR mama - Heartfelt condolences to you and your family.

Not sure if you remember me - I have met mami and you while you were at your nephew's house in Bangalore.

Ramnaths85

Post by Ramnaths85 »

A month that feels like an eternity.

Nirmala Mami left an indelible impression on everyone who were fortunate enough to know her. “My relationship with Mami is special” is how she made all of us feel. She touched our hearts in innumerable ways while always remaining graceful with the smile never leaving her face.

An avid lover of music, she was equally passionate about service to the community which she practiced every day. While she had deep rooted religious beliefs, she was equally at ease with all, regardless of race, religion, creed, gender or age, a true “global citizen”.

While she will be sorely missed we are also comforted by knowing she is at peace. I can’t thank Mami and Mama enough for the love they have shown to my family and me personally. I feel blessed to have known them.

Chitra and Ramnath

meenaakshi

Post by meenaakshi »

Heartfelt condolences... :(

Ramasubramanian M.K

Post by Ramasubramanian M.K »

Folks: It has been 45 days since my dear wife Nirmala passed away at the age of 74 after an 8 plus years of bout with cancer.

I wish to acknowledge myself and my family's deep gratitude for the condolences expressed by the forumites. Your sympathetic postings reinforced my sense of belonging to the Rasika community. Following the forum for the last 10 years,I have noticed my loss of companionship is by no means unique. Several of our regular contributors have undergone many tragedies and have managed to bounce back and continue their contributions to the forum.

I will try to do NO LESS!!!

Once again a heartfelt thanks from myself and my family.

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Mama: thank you for such a characteristically upbeat post! Our heartfelt sympathies are always with you and your family. But we also have a selfish desire in welcoming your participation in the forum - we just can’t get enough of your opinions and anecdotes!
Last edited by rshankar on 13 Jan 2019, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.

arasi

Post by arasi »

Yes, Ravi. Nirmala wouldn't have wanted it any other way. In spite of the agony she endured physically, she was spirited enough to share the family's musical connections with us, always...

Ramesh,
Please continue taking an active part here at Rasikas.org. We, the oldies should continue to be part of this wonderful meeting place of music-minded folks. We have a lot to learn from the youngsters as well. May they, over the years, grow older with Rasikas.org and bring in more young blood :) We are after all a place where teens to those nearly reaching ninety are
communicating with each other.
Keep jotting down your musical thoughts and share them with us. Hope VKV does the same...

Nick H

Post by Nick H »

Deleted para --- I had a brief Ramesh/Ramesh confusion.

MKR, my selfish hope it's too see you, not only on the forum, but in Chennai this year. Once again, sympathy and condolences