TMK at Rajahmundry 5-6-19 (YouTube)

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
shreyas

TMK at Rajahmundry 5-6-19 (YouTube)

Post by shreyas »

It's a concert in which TMK seems to be reverting slightly to the time-tested format. The rapid swaras in the first song and the neraval in Mukhari were the highlights for me. Muddugare was also pretty good.

1. Amba Paradevathe - Rudrapriya - Khanda Chapu - Krishnaswamy Ayya [S @ Devathe] 8:18
2. Merusamana - Mayamalavagowla - Adi - Tyagaraja [R, N @ Thalluku Jekkaluche, S] 27:59
3. Dakshinamurthe - Sankarabharanam - Jhampa - Muthuswami Dikshithar [R, Th] 19:30
4. Enthaninne - Mukhari - Rupakam - Tyagaraja [N @ Kanulara Sevinchi, S @ Inakulapathi] 12:00
5. Sri Ramam - Narayanagowla - Adi - Muthuswami Dikshithar [R] 16:47
6. Nadachi Nadachi - Kharaharapriya - Adi - Tyagaraja [S @ Nadachi, T] 31:09
7. Baro Krishnayya - Ragamalika - Adi - Kanakadasa 5:16
8. Jaya Jaya Sankara - Darbari Kanada - Adi 6:10
9. Muddugare - Kurinji - Adi - Tallapaka Annamacharya 5:02
10. Kamalasana Vandita - Sankarabharanam/C Major - Adi - Muthuswami Dikshithar 3:38
11. Nee Nama Rupamulaku - Sourashtram - Adi - Tyagaraja 1:15

CRama

Re: TMK at Rajahmundry 5-6-19 (YouTube)

Post by CRama »

This is a good concert. Have not heard fully. It follows the concert pattern generally followed by all. Follows an ideal kalapramanam eschewing super slow singing. Good selection. Kamalakar Rao- age is only a number- as many say. He is agile, energetic and adds lustre to the concert. RKSK as usual good support. Thanks for giving a link to this concert.

arasi

Post by arasi »

CRama,
I heard part of the concert too. How very refreshing to hear him sing like this! Of course, Sriram Kumar is an ideal companion and a guide. The reason for this to happen was Kamalakara Rao, I think! A program honoring him, his presence AND his stage presence might have made TMK give us a concert like this. The veteran's personality, skill and elegance in playing must have been an impetus. PraNAms to a mridangam player I have admired. He is somewhat like G.S. Mani in the way he makes himself adorable with all the above-mentioned qualities :)

CRama

Post by CRama »

Oops. The video has since been removed.

shreyas

Post by shreyas »

<Redacted by mods upon OP's request>

RasikasModerator2

Post by RasikasModerator2 »

Shreyas, I should warn you. Vidhushaka has been banned, but he had a point. One of our veteran senior rasikas, was hit with legal action by TMK because he went to praise him about a concert which he had heard through someone else's recording. He was forced to delete his account here with an apology and dragged to court as we have heard. So don't share private uploaders' collections of him here.

That goes double for the rest of you. Share TMK only from Official Youtube channels / Facebook pages or from his own sharings.

shreyas

Post by shreyas »

Of course. I realise my error, which is why I asked to have it removed. @RasikasModerator2 please check your email.