Dr T. R. Aravindh, RR Sabha

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
Suryasriram

Re: Dr T. R. Aravindh, RR Sabha

Post by Suryasriram »

Is there/will there be a YouTube link of the presentation? The point about Thyagaraja amalgamating various styles of music seems very interesting. Was it more of a concert or a lecture demonstration?

Also, I don't think there is a rule that Venkatakavi must have attempted everything that Thyagaraja has dabbled in!

nadhasudha

Post by nadhasudha »

Suryasriram wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 13:22

Also, I don't think there is a rule that Venkatakavi must have attempted everything that Thyagaraja has dabbled in!
It may be more correct to say that Thyagaraja has not attempted everything that Venkatakavi has dabbled in. And I say that with no disrespect to Thyagaraja.
The sheer genius that Venkatakavi was are reflected in his compositions, which are the epitome of carnatic music scholarship, aesthetics, melody and rhythm. He has not been given his due as a composer by the carnatic music fraternity.

Please take a moment to peruse the following web site - venkatakavi.org

vijay.siddharth

Post by vijay.siddharth »

<Link Redacted>

As a personal note, the program was superlative, in terms of explanations of songs and raga lakshanams, as well as the narration of the Nouka Charitramu. Particularly interesting was the Ghanta daruvu (which, according to vidvan Aravindh, was inspired by Oppari), as well as the differing tune of Gandhamu Puyyaruga in Punnagavarali.. Odanu Jaripe was beautiful, though marred by the occasional sruthi slip.

sankark

Post by sankark »

Vidhushaka wrote: 17 Aug 2019, 00:12 Disappointed by the lack of inclusion of anything about Oothukkadu Venkata Kavi. When he has composed about every Tom, Dick, and Harry, he should have composed a Nauka Charitramu too. Perhaps a certain Sangeetha Kalanidhi's factory of acolytes could come up with an Oothukkadu Nauka Charitramu by this December as a trend-setting opera that forever changed the course of Carnatic music but was never revealed due to a concerted conspiracy by anyone and everyone?
vidhushakas are supposed to talk truth to power; in the garb of comedy. this vidhushak though seems more a दूषक (fault-finder); trying to sully a great musician, current and of yore too?

SrinathK

Post by SrinathK »

Looks like he didn't last a single day before mods did a Balakot level surgical strike on him. That is the fastest I've ever seen them in action. :lol:

On searching the forum, I find that this term has been used by harimau at least twice before - who knows if this was his attempt at a comeback. But his opening post in the lounge was epic.

RasikasModerator2

Post by RasikasModerator2 »

With Spice 2000 no less. Vidhushaka has been banned outright, ID, IP Address, Email and all - if harimau (or any of his other team members or wannabe disciples) was ever planning on his next avatar, he (or they) would get better offers on fakingnews.com where he can actually be allowed to write parody and poetry, or open his own satire blog perhaps, and pray that he doesn't spend his next 5 lives getting sued by some disgruntled musicians.

ramamantra had 4 ids, and we think a 5th is still up here, staying quiet. Long back there was a musicologist whose ID was being ghost written by another person who only knew sms language. I don't want to stoop down so cheap that I talk ill of the dead, and I hope I am wrong, but more than one of us here have wondered if melam72's death was even real or an elaborate pseuicide. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... =pseuicide

Amusement, satire and just for laughs is one thing, but these things get serious and real nasty too fast - and you people also tend to take them way too seriously and get into the pig wrestling match no matter how many times we tell you to let it go. And even if you don't, we can't give any guarantees for how the music world is going to take these unprintables.

And speaking of harimau, here's the low down on what really happened to him. See, towards the end of harimau's era, we had to close every single thread he posted on or opened because he just became seriously bitter and frustrated with life and his potshots got ever more venomous. So he was put in a cage for just a week with a warning to let him sit quietly and think about how he'd handle his midlife crisis.

In that time he probably contemplated that the world doesn't deserve him anymore, so when the ban was up at the end of the week, he left the jungle and never returned.

Now will someone actually please talk about the Nauka Charitram and tell us how the boat ride actually went?

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

RasikasModerator2 wrote: 18 Aug 2019, 12:08Now will someone actually please talk about the Nauka Charitram and tell us how the boat ride actually went?
With lusty wenches
And gusty winds
On a leaky boat
And stormy waters....
If Tyagaraja is to be believed! 😜