SRLKM Veena Festival - Vid. Jeyaraj & Vid. Jeyashri

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
Sachi_R

SRLKM Veena Festival - Vid. Jeyaraj & Vid. Jeyashri

Post by Sachi_R »

Sri Rama Lalitha Kala Mandira and Vid. Padmavathy Trust have organised this four-day festival.

I joined a small crowd of Veena lovers and really enjoyed the veena duet today. Sri. Jeyaraj and Smt. Jeyashri are one of the very few husband-wife duos especially in the instrument world. Whereas Sri. Jeyaraj concentrated on the instrument's potential, Smt. Jeyashri brought out a very melodious gayaki style of veena play. The song list is partial as I had to draw myself away for another appointment. Sorry.

PS: Sri. B. C. Manjunath was a very good asset on the mridangam and enlivened the proceedings.

Mahaganapatim - Nata
Diwakaratanujam - Yadukula Kambhoji
Sudhamayi - Amritavarshini
Sogasuga - Sriranjani
Enduku dayaradura-Todi

I request Sri. HN Bhagavan to add his comments to this.

hnbhagavan

Re: SRLKM Veena Festival - Vid. Jeyaraj & Vid. Jeyashri

Post by hnbhagavan »

The concert was over appx by 08:30 PM. Ragam Tanam Pallavi in Behag.
I did not note down the pallavi lines.It was on Vinayaka..Total duration was 20 minutes.A speech for about 5 Mins by the organisers with appreciation from Veena Vidushi Jayanti.
One PD song on Yesoda was played.
The Tani by B C Manjunath and Sukanya Ramagopal was very lively.
Excellent posting of the first half by Sri RSachi with photograph.
This was my second day of attendance.
The audience turn out was too thin indeed for the occasion.
This is very sad for Instrumental Music in particular and Carnatic Music in general.
The SRLKM crowd who turn out for the annal festival was not there.The Bangalore Gayana samaja which has over 1000 members on the rolls also did not turn up.