S.AISWARYA AND SOUNDARYA- FB CONCERT IN 11 LANGUAGES

Review the latest concerts you have listened to.
CRama

S.AISWARYA AND SOUNDARYA- FB CONCERT IN 11 LANGUAGES

Post by CRama »

On the auspicious day of Akshaya Tritiya, 26 April 2020, S. Aiswarya and Soundarya daughters of our Cienu, presented a live face book concert in which they presented songs in eleven languages and sans any alapana or swarams and with only the sruti support without pakkavadyams. The song list, a vague recollection is as follows.

1. Rangapura vihara
2. Kahe re van bhoj- Punjabi shabad
3. Ksheerabdikanyakaku- Telugu
4. Sundara te jana-Marathi abhang
5. Vaishnavajanato - Gujarati
6. Patitodharini gange- Bengali
7. Kandu kandu- Malayalam
8. Madhuban tum kyon- Hindi
9. Jagadodharana
10. Vadvarayai mathakki
11. English song sung by MS in UN concert

All the songs were staple fares of MS Subbalakhmi- Radha Viswanathan combination and the sisters have internalised the songs well- with impeccable diction, raga bhavam and devotional quotient. Mastering the songs in various Indian languages is not an easy task and that too singing them with perfect diction requires much hard work and perseverance. There were no accompaniments and that is a real challenge for any musician. But the sisters sang with aplomb and created an atmosphere of MS concert which immensely delighted thousands of their fans. The link to the concert is given below.

https://www.facebook.com/s.aishwaryaoff ... 379176309/

rajeshnat

Re: S.AISWARYA AND SOUNDARYA- FB CONCERT IN 11 LANGUAGES

Post by rajeshnat »

Cienu,
The 2nd Kahe re van bhoj- Punjabi shabad is missing in the upload.

The intent of the concert was more as a base of devotional music , but atleast two songs were immensely enjoyable to me.

THe last english song as indicated by aishwarya, the tunesmith is the pianist , Handel Manuel. His son is Viji Manuel who played for Illayaraja as a long term , an extremely accompolished pianist/keyboard artist.

The joy of different languages and more importantly the variance of muse in music is quite a challenge also for listener like me . One has to give credit each of the tunesmith like say KV Venkatraman for the illango adigal ragamALiga, .They were just wonderful that took the divine voice of MS Amma and team to exponentially unheard unfamiliar rasikas. I liked the closure comments of aishwarya where she thanked her grandmother Vidushi Radha

After considerable gap listening to your daughters, particularly the last time when I heard younger saundarya was bit more watchful as she was much younger then what she is today. Both have internalized it well and Best wishes to the two sisters.

cienu

Post by cienu »

rajeshnat wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 21:05 Cienu,
The 2nd Kahe re van bhoj- Punjabi shabad is missing in the upload.

The intent of the concert was more as a base of devotional music , but atleast two songs were immensely enjoyable to me.

THe last english song as indicated by aishwarya, the tunesmith is the pianist , Handel Manuel. His son is Viji Manuel who played for Illayaraja as a long term , an extremely accompolished pianist/keyboard artist.

The joy of different languages and more importantly the variance of muse in music is quite a challenge also for listener like me . One has to give credit each of the tunesmith like say KV Venkatraman for the illango adigal ragamALiga, .They were just wonderful that took the divine voice of MS Amma and team to exponentially unheard unfamiliar rasikas. I liked the closure comments of aishwarya where she thanked her grandmother Vidushi Radha

After considerable gap listening to your daughters, particularly the last time when I heard younger saundarya was bit more watchful as she was much younger then what she is today. Both have internalized it well and Best wishes to the two sisters.
Thank you Rajesh for your kind comments :)

Kahere Ban Khoj is there. It is the 3rd song after "Ksheerabdhi Kanyakaku" and you should check after 14.45 (for the introductory comments) and around 16.00 mins for the actual Shabad of Guru Nanak Devji.

This Akshaya Tritiya Special concert of approximately more than an hour had a wonderful response with an interactive audience.

The "Reach" was approximately 2 lakhs
The views were 70000
5500 likes & 1700 comments.

As you have mentioned Saundarya too has grown in terms of her maturity and musical understanding..
The lockdown has ensured that they have a lot of time for practice.

Thank you CRama for the review :)

cienu

Post by cienu »

A picture of the Home Concert (sans accompanying artists)

Sivaramakrishnan

Post by Sivaramakrishnan »

The recital was very nice. Aishwarya and Saundarya were quite successful in rendering the compositions famed by MSS. The Bengali song was especially outstanding in diction and presentation.

It may be noted that the name of the author of 'Jnaanappaana' in Malayalam (kandukandangirikkum janangaley) must be pronounced as POONTHAANAM.

thanjavooran

Post by thanjavooran »

Blessings.
Vaazhga valamudan!
Thanjavooran
30 04 2020

cienu

Post by cienu »

rajeshnat wrote: 27 Apr 2020, 21:05 One has to give credit each of the tunesmith like say KV Venkatraman for the illango adigal ragamALiga, .They were just wonderful that took the divine voice of MS Amma and team to exponentially unheard unfamiliar rasikas. I liked the closure comments of aishwarya where she thanked her grandmother Vidushi Radha
Actually the tunesmith for "Vadavaraiyai" is S V Venkataraman . (Not KV)
K V Venkataraman could be confused with "Kadayanallur" Venkataraman.
Please find below the link to the wikipage on S V Venkataraman and a picture of the brilliant music composer
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._V._Venkatraman