Pratyaksham Bala

Pallavi Inc - Sydney’s leading Indian classical music organisation

Post by Pratyaksham Bala »

Pallavi Inc: Where the classical traditions thrive
https://www.indianlink.com.au/main-cate ... ns-thrive/

rajeshnat

Re: Pallavi Inc - Sydney’s leading Indian classical music organisation

Post by rajeshnat »

The article is about Mohan who is our forumite from early days . Infact way back prior to settling in Australia he also was quite an early pioneer in 90s in different usegroups in early internet days. He also started a website
http://www.carnaticcorner.com/ which is very informative .

Mohan is definitely a sweet person whose passion for Indian arts is very very high , His wife Sangeetha infact gave a vocal concert too for our rasikas meet that coolkarni organized . Congratulations to all 3 organizers inclusive of Mohan. A big surprise for me is to know that VV Ramesh is brother of Cleveland V V Sundaram. Pranams to their family so many of them are doing great service like Sundaram Sir in cleveland , extended family in Sandiego, Late MKR Sir is also related to VVS family and now even as far as Australia is a big surprise.I was wondering with few writeups that How sydney is squeezing 4 to 6 concerts in Sydney every year when there is yearly series, certainly one big reason is Mohan and his team is generous to offer their house to visiting artists.

I prefer they change their sabha name from Pallavi to Ragam Thanam Pallavi that way after 100 years concerts dont end in 15 mins where some artists in future only sings 7 pallavi only lines of krithi and ends with pavamana, all in the name of crispness(Just kidding).

Kudos to Pallavi team for their deep service. Looks slowly and steadily Australia and NewZealand are both doing doing well, sydney pallavi is leading from the front .

rshankar

Post by rshankar »

Congratulations Mohan! May pallavi grow into a veritable Banyan Tree (or a gum tree, if you prefer! :))
Great picture, with Sangeetha and your parents too!

mohan

Post by mohan »

Thanks PB for posting this link. Sorry I am very late to notice this thread!
Rajeshnat & Ravi- thanks for your kind words. Also the article does not mention that the most senior organiser of Pallavi, V Ramnath, is a first cousin of Prof TN Krishnan!

This year we were very lucky to be able to host the Sri Thyagaraja drama by TV Varadharajen and troupe in March 2020 before the lockdown came into force.

If anyone is interested Sangeetha & I have a online concert on 28 June 2020 11:30am IST
https://www.facebook.com/events/2655588128055055/

Govindaswamy

Post by Govindaswamy »

The programme does not open